Reply to Thread

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Information
Question Please answer the question respectively to solve the problem below.
Maximum file size: 1 MB
Allowed extensions: bmp, gif, jpeg, jpg, pdf, png, txt, zip
Automatically detects web page links.
Displays smilies as smiley-images.
Allows BBCodes to be used.

Previous Posts 76

• werejag wrote:

what will happen to those dc moboards after wards? id love a few as parts boards
    Oh the motherboards are already done for...
    1. The board that failed I tossed
    2. My first replacement ended up being the rare VA0 (that won't work with GDEmu) so I smashed it with a hammer in a rage when the seller wouldn't take a return
    3. The final replacement board went inside my black DC shell and I'm using it currently
  • For what it's worth I did mine with a solder braid so it's definitely doable. That said I probably wouldn't do it that way again, way too time consuming if you have a desoldering station.
  • jassin000 wrote:

How are you desoldering them from the original PCB, pro desolder stations/pumps?

I tried to use a iron and braid, heeeeellll no was taking forever (also not very clean as Mits mentioned above).
    I didn't even bother with hot air, I figured the plastic housing would melt for sure.
    if you need this done I can handle it for you easy peasy.

de-soldering anything is a pain in the ass, even with a desoldering station, I wouldn't even attempt with braid
  • I use a desoldering station. Makes quick work of it. You have to make sure the five holes for the pins of each controller are completely free before removing the port from the pcb. The pins are extremely thin and fragile.
  • werejag wrote:

i have a few i use, they are just drop in and solder clean
    How are you desoldering them from the original PCB, pro desolder stations/pumps? ?(

I tried to use a iron and braid, heeeeellll no was taking forever (also not very clean as Mits mentioned above). X/
    I didn't even bother with hot air, I figured the plastic housing would melt for sure. 8|