Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Logan McCloud -

Replied to the thread S-JIHP: Sega JVS I/O Helper PCB.

Yes and not, I have the Aliens Guns and they have an usb controller board which allow them to be connected to a regular PC. But, nothing stops you from connect some wires from the pots to the JVS Helper, and you are ready to go. Best regards.
  • KaPH33n -

Liked Report2Marty’s post in the thread How to add earth ground..

Like (Post)
    Thank you @KaPH33n and @tiff_lee! Greatly appreciate it!!
  • dannahan -

Posted the thread CPS2 Digital AV Interface install on a CPS3 95682A-3 Board.

Thread
    I'm not the best at soldering, nor any of this, but with the help of @cruzlink2, here's my take on it: dd1nLcv.jpg x0ham1C.jpg ByYdvvl.jpg c7D3wAn.jpg cLWYt9M.jpg HRPXtR0.jpg Se7rUBx.jpg iuT89s4.jpg YmQFVZ4.jpg More Details (Hidden Content)
  • Report2Marty -

Liked rewrite’s post in the thread How to add earth ground..

Like (Post)
    You're using the outlet for its intended purpose. But you put a monitor in there that doesn't fit the original cabinet design (that is having a monitor installed that doesn't require an isolation transformer). Since it turns out that this replacement…
  • Report2Marty -

Liked nem’s post in the thread How to add earth ground..

Like (Post)
    Quote from Report2Marty: “what I think is the isolated transformer (outlet inside the AWSD) ” The pics you attached don't show an isolating transformer. The outlet is just that, an outlet, nothing else. Can you take a pic showing the full cab…
  • Report2Marty -

Liked adgenet’s post in the thread How to add earth ground..

Like (Post)
    I posted about CRTs before, and I will say again that I am unfamiliar with them. I hope that if any part of my post is wrong, someone will correct me. That said, I would like to say that from looking at the schematic, both lines pretty much immediately…
  • Report2Marty -

Like (Post)
    Quote from KaPH33n: “In that diagram it shows the monitor connected to Earth Ground via green wire with ring terminal. ” It looked to me like that was connected to the iso transformer, but I see now that it is just INCREDIBLY CLOSE TO the iso transformer.
  • Report2Marty -

Liked KaPH33n’s post in the thread How to add earth ground..

Like (Post)
    From that link... basic-ac.gif In that diagram it shows the monitor connected to Earth Ground via green wire with ring terminal.
  • Report2Marty -

Like (Post)
    Quote from KaPH33n: “Isn't it typical in cabinets for earth ground to be tied directly to to the monitor frame/chassis independent of the isolation transformer? ” arcadecontrols.com/BBBB/acwiring.html Seemingly not according to the Bob Roberts AC Wiring…
  • Report2Marty -

Like (Post)
    Isn't it typical in cabinets for earth ground to be tied directly to to the monitor frame/chassis independent of the isolation transformer?
  • Report2Marty -

Liked thegreathopper’s post in the thread How to add earth ground..

Like (Post)
    Quote from Report2Marty: “@thegreathopper thank you! Both have fuses though, don’t they? That’s why I’m confused.. One has a 2amp fuse and the other has a 6amp fuse. Is the live the one connected to the 6amp? ” Yes the 6amp because it’s…
  • Report2Marty -

Like (Post)
    Quote from Report2Marty: “@rewrite can you send me a link to the guide? Tried searching for it and couldn’t find it. ” Quote from rewrite: “ arcadecontrols.com/BBBB/acwiring.html The Bob Roberts AC Wiring guide. ” Quote from Report2Marty: “Also,…
  • Report2Marty -

Like (Post)
    Most chassis have a range of input AC voltage they support. So likely 100 vs 120 is moot. However, look up the manual for your exact chassis before purchasing and hooking anything up. Some isolation transformers will have multiple pins that can output…
  • Report2Marty -

Liked tiff_lee’s post in the thread How to add earth ground..

Like (Post)
    Quote from rewrite: “Quote from KaPH33n: “In that diagram it shows the monitor connected to Earth Ground via green wire with ring terminal. ” It looked to me like that was connected to the iso transformer, but I see now that it is just INCREDIBLY…
  • Report2Marty -

Like (Post)
    Quote from Report2Marty: “OH! Actually, I have a question. The outlet I use in my garage is too small to fit the multimeter probes in, so I measured output and earth ground through a basic 6-way power strip. Will this give me a correct reading, or…
  • Report2Marty -

Liked tiff_lee’s post in the thread How to add earth ground..

Like (Post)
    Be careful when probing AC mains mate, all it takes is a slightly damaged leads to get a belt. Earth/ground and neutral and both connected in your switchboard (well assuming your wiring standards are the same as UK/AU) and yeah live to either or those…