Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Sp33dFr34k -

Replied to the thread Darksoft's MultiMVS Latest Firmware, Menu and Instructions.

Quote from Darksoft: “Quote from Sp33dFr34k: “I just updated as well and also have a menu date of October 8th instead of 18. Think it's a mistake. Just tested KOF98 and it works fine for me. Using a 1FZ and Unibios 4.0. ” That's right. It's 8th…
  • twistedsymphony -

Liked rewrite’s post in the thread Pre-Order For Capcom Mini Cute Production.

Like (Post)
    There are hundreds of good games at $100 or under. Try playing around with mame and see what you can find! I think it should be put in perspective that the last, fairly beat up, cute that went through eBay was $2770 not including shipping costs, where…
  • Darksoft -

Replied to the thread Darksoft's MultiMVS Latest Firmware, Menu and Instructions.

Then I suspect it must be something else. Let's wait and see who else has any issues. Can you meanwhile tell exactly which motherboard version you have?
  • acblunden2 -

Replied to the thread Small vacuum tubes on Nanao Chassis neckboards.

Quote from 8bitforlife: “@acblunden2 your tube might be just shorted. You can try a rejuvenator they have a short fix feature on them. Its worth a shot. ” I am going to give that a shot. But the chassis is definitely dead. Sharper Image took a stab at…
  • Derick2k -

Quote from acblunden2: “Quote from stj: “they are usually called GDT's (gas discharge tube), how can it smoke unless the glass breaks??? you may want to check the soldering incase that's what's smoking. also they come in voltage ratings - you need…
  • UMKShock -

Replied to the thread Starting a UMK3 arcade console supergun.

Quote from jassin000: “Being that @UMKShock is new, maybe this is the case for him? ” If I knew about your projects, I would have just contacted you to build it for me!
  • Carnov -

Liked rewrite’s post in the thread Neo Geo MVS cabinet PSU replacement.

Like (Post)
    Quote from Carnov: “Also, I've been meaning to ask, where exactly do you check the voltage of the board? It's the wire set on the left right? I want to know the voltage of the system using a Multimeter. ” Yes it's the harness on the left. This is…
  • Carnov -

Liked nem’s post in the thread Neo Geo MVS cabinet PSU replacement.

Like (Post)
    Your cab already has a computer PSU. That actually might be the problem. Computer PSUs don't have adjustable +5V rails. You should measure what kind of voltage you're getting at the motherboard.
  • UMKShock -

Liked jassin000’s post in the thread Starting a UMK3 arcade console supergun.

Like (Post)
    Quote from Aurich: “Oh look, a conversation about CRTs with jassin, this will be informative and full of useful and new information, and is definitely worth derailing the entire thread to engage over. ” Heh, I hear ya... But in this case my opinions…
  • jassin000 -

Replied to the thread Starting a UMK3 arcade console supergun.

Quote from Aurich: “Oh look, a conversation about CRTs with jassin, this will be informative and full of useful and new information, and is definitely worth derailing the entire thread to engage over. ” Heh, I hear ya... But in this case my opinions…
  • 8bitforlife -

@acblunden2 your tube might be just shorted. You can try a rejuvenator they have a short fix feature on them. Its worth a shot.
  • rewrite -

Replied to the thread Pre-Order For Capcom Mini Cute Production.

There are hundreds of good games at $100 or under. Try playing around with mame and see what you can find! I think it should be put in perspective that the last, fairly beat up, cute that went through eBay was $2770 not including shipping costs, where…
  • acblunden2 -

It isn't that most of heere don't care about the rest of the logistics, most of here have progressed beyond the other factors already so they are no longer a factor for consideration. $2,700 is actually a low-mid range estimate. Highly unlikely that you…
  • acblunden2 -

Quote from stj: “they are usually called GDT's (gas discharge tube), how can it smoke unless the glass breaks??? you may want to check the soldering incase that's what's smoking. also they come in voltage ratings - you need to know which one to…
  • tom5151 -

Exactly same issue :( Firmware version: 0x03f3 Firmware Build: 0xa324 Top File Build: 0x4796 Menu version: Mar 23 2019 I have just a red screen when booting kof98. I think my battery is ok as the calendar was still correctly set.
  • FluxChiller -

I think you guys are missing my point. About the PCB - If you have nothing to start out with - what are you doing to do with it? Just stare at a unpowered cabinet? It needs something to run, which you will need to buy, which is a cost that adds to the…
  • Darksoft -

Quote from Sp33dFr34k: “I just updated as well and also have a menu date of October 8th instead of 18. Think it's a mistake. Just tested KOF98 and it works fine for me. Using a 1FZ and Unibios 4.0. ” That's right. It's 8th October. Did you have any…