Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• xodaraP -

Replied to the thread Killer Instinct CPU Reflow Fail.

The problem with wick is it sticks when the solder cools and you end up making a huge mess with a job like this (I've tried something similar in the past)
  • Dakken -

Liked irepairsega’s post in the thread Preparing a Hikaru BGA Chip for Re-installation.

Like (Post)
    I just want to say very well done so far. I am glad to see you picking this up. I was the last of three people that worked on these in the world and I stopped doing these a couple years ago. I will still do reflows for opens but that it now. Everything…
  • Frank_fjs -

Liked RetroRGB’s post in the thread Sentinel Supergun - Prototype.

Like (Post)
    Sorry for the double post - Just to clarify though: In practice, it's best to have the resistors as close to the amp as possible, but you're correct, it won't make a different with a properly built cable. "Properly built" is the HUGE problem everyone…
  • The Spaniard -

Replied to the thread Sega Saturn VA0 Model 1: Repair & Recap.

There are ones that can be swapped I believe. These guys here talk about it but its hard for me to get my head around it using google translate to figure it out. Looking at it, it seems possible to replace the caps just like on the DC one to get…
  • Azu -

Replied to the thread Home Arcade System - new supergun sets.

Quote from undamned: “Quote from Azu: “Quick question: I have the HAS with a few UD Decoders and friends that bring their own fightsticks to play ST. I was wondering is it safe to unplug and plug controllers while the HAS is powered on? For…
  • Azu -

Liked undamned’s post in the thread Home Arcade System - new supergun sets.

Like (Post)
    Quote from Azu: “Quick question: I have the HAS with a few UD Decoders and friends that bring their own fightsticks to play ST. I was wondering is it safe to unplug and plug controllers while the HAS is powered on? For instance: if one person is done…
  • sammargh -

Replied to the thread Home Arcade System - new supergun sets.

Quote from daffy: “I'm debating whether I should make a case for the HAS when I eventually get it, do you think something like this would work? AfNXth5.jpg ” Should work fine in theory but I prefer a modular approach as I have quite a few arcade…
  • KRG -

Wrote a comment on stt1’s wall.

Wall Comment
    I bought ST - V multicart.
    I'd like to buy a game selector with LCD screen Kit.

Can I still buy it?
  • Frank_fjs -

Replied to the thread Sentinel Supergun - Prototype.

Quote from PascalP: “@Frank_fjs maybe you could offer a ‘deluxe +’ package including correct cable? I would be first in line ;) ” I will consider it. I make my own cables for personal use but to be honest it's a tedious task and not one that I enjoy. The…
  • Frank_fjs -

Replied to the thread Sentinel Supergun - Prototype.

Funny you mention cheap Aliexpress cables. I actually ordered one for kicks, it's exactly what you would expect. Good for the money but poorly constructed. The cable isn't shielded and they used hot glue everywhere in the scart housing. To its credit it…
  • Frank_fjs -

Liked RetroRGB’s post in the thread Sentinel Supergun - Prototype.

Like (Post)
    Quote from Frank_fjs: “Getting the mini 8 DIN PCB connectors isn't a problem. My main concern is the cable as they're not as readily available to purchase. The OSSC has scart input now and doesn't even utilise a mini 8 DIN. It's the future of upscaling…
  • DenTarr -

I have no experience with Killer Instinct boards. But if they react so poorly to heat I would use flux and a wick and try to get the solder off with that and an iron. Less chance to damage other parts. Then clean it and realign pins. And then solder it…
  • xodaraP -

Quote from Mitsurugi-w: “With killer instinct it's VERY dificult to remove the CPU. The pcb is just so damn fragile. There is a reason why Chad at arcade cup only did the KI repairs for like a month or two before refusing to do them anymore.If a good…
  • furohon -

Replied to the thread Using spinner to play NG/JAMMA games.

Such a newbie here but some more exp on shmups / neo arcadia forums. your stuff looks awesome and i wanna join the bidirectional crew ! Sent you PM
  • Apocalypse -

I also have the Quote from Mitsurugi-w: “I have all of the equipment and do this type of work all the time. Killer Instinct pcbs do not respond to heat well at all. :( ” Oh ok. I do have a SMD station too (with many different footprints) and so far…
  • obcd -

Replied to the thread Naomi 2 and Chihiro Problems/Issues/Troubles...

I am working on a solution to replace the defective main boards with ram upgraded retail xbox boards. Just be patient. Real life is delaying things a little.
  • Mitsurugi-w -

Quote from Apocalypse: “I don't foresee any difficulty using a SMD station but I've never did it on KI myself so maybe even with the proper equipment you end up damaging the PCB... ” I have all of the equipment and do this type of work all the time. …