Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• yosai -

Replied to the thread Switch chassis PB7534 (Windy II) to MS2930?.

@gunblade should be able to fix it but he's in the UK.
  • evilsim -

Liked buffi’s post in the thread BetsuBetsu (Jamma) - Streaming/recording audio+video splitter.

Like (Post)
    Sounds good! I’m not super excited about soldering up a bunch of these (which is why the price is a bit high), so i’m definitely happy about other people building/selling them.
  • rewrite -

Liked Apocalypse’s post in the thread How to add earth ground..

Like (Post)
    Quote from thegreathopper: “live is the connection with the fuse, Hot is that an Americanism? Hot is live and Neutral is the other AC connection without the fuse. ” Correct but at the end it doesn't matter. Of course I still make sure to wire things…
  • rewrite -

Liked KaPH33n’s post in the thread How to add earth ground..

Like (Post)
    From that link... basic-ac.gif In that diagram it shows the monitor connected to Earth Ground via green wire with ring terminal.
  • Darksoft -

Liked skate323k137’s post in the thread How to add earth ground..

Like (Post)
    fairly certain phase doesn't matter after an isolation transformer. Since isolation breaks the connection to ground, the AC lines are the same as each other. If your monitor requires isolation, don't try to run it without a transformer. Doing so risks…
  • Darksoft -

Liked thegreathopper’s post in the thread How to add earth ground..

Like (Post)
    live is the connection with the fuse, Hot is that an Americanism? Hot is live and Neutral is the other AC connection without the fuse.
  • Darksoft -

Liked rewrite’s post in the thread How to add earth ground..

Like (Post)
    Quote from thegreathopper: “Hot is that an Americanism? ” It is, it means live. :)
  • Darksoft -

Replied to the thread STV Cartridge instructions and trouble shooting.

When and where did you buy from? Please contact the place where you bought your kit from.
  • Apocalypse -

Replied to the thread How to add earth ground..

Quote from thegreathopper: “live is the connection with the fuse, Hot is that an Americanism? Hot is live and Neutral is the other AC connection without the fuse. ” Correct but at the end it doesn't matter. Of course I still make sure to wire things…
  • Escarioth -

Wrote a comment on Derick2k’s wall.

Wall Comment
    Hey, i still wants both of your sega 16
  • AlxUnderBase -

Liked xtrasmiley’s post in the thread Replacement PGM "Wheel" volume pots.

Like (Post)
    Quote from GC8TECH: “Quote from xtrasmiley: “OK, no problem. Just PM when you know. Do these work on anything else? The Crystal System maybe? ” No.. Crystal system is diffrent. I have seen that type on ebay.. so should be easy to get from…
  • rewrite -

Quote from KaPH33n: “In that diagram it shows the monitor connected to Earth Ground via green wire with ring terminal. ” It looked to me like that was connected to the iso transformer, but I see now that it is just INCREDIBLY CLOSE TO the iso transformer.
  • KaPH33n -

From that link... basic-ac.gif In that diagram it shows the monitor connected to Earth Ground via green wire with ring terminal.
  • rewrite -

Quote from KaPH33n: “Isn't it typical in cabinets for earth ground to be tied directly to to the monitor frame/chassis independent of the isolation transformer? ” arcadecontrols.com/BBBB/acwiring.html Seemingly not according to the Bob Roberts AC Wiring…
  • KaPH33n -

Isn't it typical in cabinets for earth ground to be tied directly to to the monitor frame/chassis independent of the isolation transformer?
  • thegreathopper -

Quote from Report2Marty: “@thegreathopper thank you! Both have fuses though, don’t they? That’s why I’m confused.. One has a 2amp fuse and the other has a 6amp fuse. Is the live the one connected to the 6amp? ” Yes the 6amp because it’s…