Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• legolas119 -

Replied to the thread Darksoft's MultiMVS Latest Firmware and Instructions.

Quote from Darksoft: “@t-m, @legolas119, @PascalP, @Sp33dFr34k How did it go? ” I still not have my cart, it will be here in about 10 days, more or less. I'm preparing the microSD card for it. I will keep you updated as soon as possible. Ah, I use a…
  • tom5151 -

Liked twistedsymphony’s post in the thread CPS A-Board Differences.

Like (Post)
    Quote from tom5151: “I got a SF2' CE from ebay, but it looks strange to me. The A-Board looks like a long board (10MHz) but not a dashboard. Can you guys try to figure out what I've bought ? Fortunately, the game is working and the price (for an ebay…
  • dos -

Replied to the thread PVM 20M4U help, damaged in shipping?.

Quote from twistedsymphony: “The raster lines like that are generally caused by the flyback being turned up too high. you'll want to adjust down the "screen"/"gain" pot on the flyback. if this was working properly before it was shipped then it's…
  • Darksoft -

Replied to the thread Armored Warriors Repair.

Good information. But I think it will be more helpful if you point out how you reached that conclussion, what did you test before and maybe one or two pics. You will only get compliments, trust me :)
  • Blackfish -

Liked penrhos’s post in the thread Setting up latest MAME for PCB repair and testing.

Like (Post)
    you can always open the torrent file and only tick the ones you want - then start downloading. That way you don't waste ratio on crap you don't want/Need.
  • twistedsymphony -

The raster lines like that are generally caused by the flyback being turned up too high. you'll want to adjust down the "screen"/"gain" pot on the flyback. if this was working properly before it was shipped then it's possible you got a cracked/cold…
  • dos -

Quote from Derick2k: “How was it shipped/packed/carrier? Try to check for cracked solder joints? ” It was shipped via FedEx, double boxed with lots of padding and clearly marked all over the box "fragile" and "glass". I am currently inspecting the…
  • Derick2k -

How was it shipped/packed/carrier? Try to check for cracked solder joints?
  • penrhos -

Replied to the thread Setting up latest MAME for PCB repair and testing.

you can always open the torrent file and only tick the ones you want - then start downloading. That way you don't waste ratio on crap you don't want/Need.
  • dos -

Posted the thread PVM 20M4U help, damaged in shipping?.

Thread
    I had a 20M4U shipped to me, I know it's not the greatest idea but I've had a 20M2MDU shipped to me and it turned out fine so I decided to roll the dice again. It arrived today with no visible damage outside but I turned it on and was greeted by this…
  • dlfrsilver -

Posted the thread Armored Warriors Repair.

Thread
    Repaired my beloved Armored Warriors CPS2 A-board. The sound was pure shit, faint, and noisy. Recapped the big 1000uf 25v capacitor, as well as all the big caps on the sound section. Tested, sound is back ! :D
  • waiwainl -

Replied to the thread Darksoft Neo Multi Help thread.

Quote from Darksoft: “No there is no visual feedback as of now. Just wait 15 seconds. Gfx issues remain on which mobo? ” I always test both. The MV-1B and MV-2F have both (still) the exact same pixel perfect gfx issue after the menu update (now…
  • Darksoft -

Quote from waiwainl: “ Back to the gfx issue: I put the menu update files in \update\menu\ and indeed, they are gone afterwards. Is it correct that after the flash-update, the system goes to the "Hardware Test" page of the MVS-test menu? There is no…
  • waiwainl -

Quote from Darksoft: “Menu files are loaded from \games\menu on bootup but the part that goes into the flashes is updated from \update\menu ” Hm, that is not how it is in your instructions PDF file. Or at least, not clear. Thus far I put everything…
  • twistedsymphony -

Replied to the thread CPS A-Board Differences.

Quote from tom5151: “I got a SF2' CE from ebay, but it looks strange to me. The A-Board looks like a long board (10MHz) but not a dashboard. Can you guys try to figure out what I've bought ? Fortunately, the game is working and the price (for an ebay…
  • twistedsymphony -

Liked sammargh’s post in the thread CPS A-Board Differences.

Like (Post)
    Another 10MHz shortboard pic because why not. Likely to be Taiwan region as that is what the B board is i.imgur.com/7EFp3yn.jpg