Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Frank_fjs -

Replied to the thread Sentinel Supergun - Prototype.

Quote from RGB: “In HAS the pots are responsible for only 25% of brightness adjustment, no brightness balance issues whatsoever. This solution also prevents the THS amp from getting out of spec signal if somebody leaves the pot in wrong position…
  • Frank_fjs -

Liked RGB’s post in the thread Sentinel Supergun - Prototype.

Like (Post)
    In HAS the pots are responsible for only 25% of brightness adjustment, no brightness balance issues whatsoever. This solution also prevents the THS amp from getting out of spec signal if somebody leaves the pot in wrong position (everything above 1.46V…
  • yavuzg -

Replied to the thread CPS2 - which B board custom chips handle the sprites?.

Check the copper tracks around DL-1927 too. (That is also involved with sprites as far as I know) If your sprite problem looks like the following picture (you said "horizontal" lines on a 19xx game and I assume a horizontal line problem of a vertical…
  • djsheep -

Quote from Frank_fjs: “Same scenario re monitors, practically no-one spends the time or has the knowledge to calibrate their monitor. Having individual pots means even a poorly calibrated monitor can look great. ” Tell me about it, I need to…
  • djsheep -

Liked Frank_fjs’s post in the thread Sentinel Supergun - Prototype.

Like (Post)
    Same scenario re monitors, practically no-one spends the time or has the knowledge to calibrate their monitor. Having individual pots means even a poorly calibrated monitor can look great.
  • rsignal -

Liked Frank_fjs’s post in the thread THS7374 video buffer for Supergun.

Like (Post)
    I don't think it will make any difference. Looking at the datasheet each channel is handled identically. I'm just going by the datasheet which specifies channel 1 as composite video, channel 2 as R, 3 as G, 4 as B in their example circuits.
  • RGB -

In HAS the pots are responsible for only 25% of brightness adjustment, no brightness balance issues whatsoever. This solution also prevents the THS amp from getting out of spec signal if somebody leaves the pot in wrong position (everything above 1.46V…
  • werejag -

how about a removable section that does separate pots or the 3 pot together
  • Frank_fjs -

Same scenario re monitors, practically no-one spends the time or has the knowledge to calibrate their monitor. Having individual pots means even a poorly calibrated monitor can look great.