Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I want to mod some of my M2 hardware to use a non-volatile FRAM chip for the timekeeper, mostly to just have it done but also to document the procedure for other collectors of M2 hardware. Considering a lot of the battery backed RTC chips are NOS and…
  • awbacon1 -

Replied to the thread Atomiswave Accidental power on reversed JAMMA connector.

Quote from stj: “but then i would have to smack you for creating a closed market, jamma intentionally uses standard parts - if you want custom shit then use sega boards! :D and you only need one keyway, you can plug it in backwards. a history…
  • stj -

but then i would have to smack you for creating a closed market, jamma intentionally uses standard parts - if you want custom shit then use sega boards! :D and you only need one keyway, you cant plug it in backwards. a history lesson, long before jamma…
  • lupinko -

Liked jassin000’s post in the thread Home Arcade System.

Like (Post)
    Quote from Jumpingmanjim: “It looks like the HAS would get in the way but I thought it was worth checking anyway. ” It gets in the way, you need a Jamma extension. Best extender money can buy is @Frank_fjs 's because its the ONLY extension to include…
  • awbacon1 -

Quote from stj: “ZD = zener diode. i should work without it, put a big blob of solder on it and slide it off the pads. :D @awbacon1 - the jamma standard DOES include a cutout in the board and blocker in the edge connector. it's just that some people…
  • awbacon1 -

Replied to the thread Retro Hardware Capacitor LISTS.

This reminds me I still need to make a cap map for the Konami M2 boards
  • awbacon1 -

Replied to the thread Turtles in Time - 4P no start button.

Yeah I'd reflow the solder anyway. I've seen cracked joints that visibly were almost impossible to tell were cracked at all. Good to rule out the easiest items first. Have you used a multimeter to make sure you have continuity from the edge the…
  • stj -

ZD = zener diode. i should work without it, put a big blob of solder on it and slide it off the pads. :D @awbacon1 - the jamma standard DOES include a cutout in the board and blocker in the edge connector. it's just that some people are too damned lazy…
  • stj -

Replied to the thread Neo-geo MVS Universe Bios problem.

o.k. now i found it, same as 27c4096 - 4 times the original size and with 2 extra pins that must be connected!
  • awbacon1 -

Bummer. Someone already said it but that's why your JAMMA harness / extension should always include a small plastic "block" (or whatever you call them...I honestly just realized I don't have a word for it) so that it's physically impossible (without…