Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• muckyfingers -

Replied to the thread NEC XM29 service manual request / B+/HV help?.

Quote from rewrite: “Anyone happen to have the version of the XM29 service manual that has the important parts, like how to actually service it? The one on shmups and retrorgb is incomplete. If not, how about what a proper B+ reading should be? I…
  • rewrite -

Quote from PascalP: “Quote from rewrite: “Quote from ReplicaX: “I have one, toss me a PM. @rewrite Its for the 2950 and 2950G. ” Ah, you're awesome. The one on shmups and everywhere else is missing all of the actual technical info. Just has packing,…
  • ShootTheCore -

Liked djsheep’s post in the thread General pcb repair / tool usage section?.

Like (Post)
  • PascalP -

Replied to the thread Weiya in egret3s question.

Only IF someone will service the WeiYa... When I had some issues with them, nobody would touch those pieces of shit. probably not what you want to hear, but it is a fact :(
  • 8bitforlife -

Liked Hatsune Mike’s post in the thread Irem hardware...dim picture.

Like (Post)
    If the resistors in the DAC are reduced to lower values but kept in proportion it should alleviate the problem. However making a little QSB solution that solders on to the PCB should be pretty easy too.
  • 8bitforlife -

Posted the thread Weiya in egret3s question.

Thread
    hi i have a sanwa tube In my windy2 with a rodo trisync . It looked great. Geometry was nice when the psu was working. Question on my weiya in my egret3. If I was to get it recapped and serviced would any geometry issues i have mostly be fixed. At the…
  • mathewbeall -

Liked Frank_fjs’s post in the thread MegaSD - FPGA SegaCD in a cart.

Like (Post)
    99% of these types of products don't have bevelled edges and use HASL. Be grateful they used ENIG. I'm perplexed by the fact that no-one has complained about this in other products and all of a sudden everyone's an expert and it's a big deal? I can link…
  • acblunden2 -

Posted the thread 3 Nanao MS9-29 Questions.

Thread
    1. Vertical Height Squashed - Image is vertically squashed and the height adjustment does not fill the screen all the way (horizonal works fine). It is not the remote board as the remote board is known to work on a good monitor. Going to recap the…
  • Astro X -

Replied to the thread Ahoi from Hamburg.

• PascalP -

Quote from rewrite: “Quote from ReplicaX: “I have one, toss me a PM. @rewrite Its for the 2950 and 2950G. ” Ah, you're awesome. The one on shmups and everywhere else is missing all of the actual technical info. Just has packing, table of contents,…
  • rewrite -

For anyone following along for the actual repair: It isn't PCB-POWER. Swapped a known working one into the bad monitor and same result. Power on. Couple seconds. *Click* Stays on. No static, no B+. This is going to be a long road with no proper…
  • ninjaz0mbie -

Replied to the thread Minigun Supergun - An Open Source Supergun.

is it difficult to adapt this to support MVS wiring for stereo audio etc using dip switches? wiki.arcadeotaku.com/images/2/27/JammaVsMVS-pinouts.pdf
  • PascalP -

Liked jassin000’s post in the thread McWill GBC Replacement LCD.

Like (Post)
    Quote from Sp33dFr34k: “You big ol' showoff! ” You think? Na... Not really... I mean that's the old Switch. If I wanted to really show off I'd have posted this (I just don't think it photographs as nice). 4wvPXhh.jpg Seriously tho, the new Switch…
  • buffi -

Replied to the thread Minigun Supergun - An Open Source Supergun.

Have you considered removing the 8 optional output capacitors? I have tried the circuit both with and without them, and can’t see much of a difference in the output. The datasheet for THS7374 has them as optional. Having them there is probably…