Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• syntax_X -

Replied to the thread Multi sound cutting out or hanging.

I only ordered 6 SN74LVC4245A. Flashes 3 and 4 are different chips are they? Preflashed on your end or something I can buy and fit?
  • syntax_X -

"checking the flashes with the specific romset that we have for that" ? Is there a diagnostics romset I was not aware about? Please point me towards them ill put them on the SD and test straight away.
  • xodaraP -

Replied to the thread PGM single game PCB assembly and troubleshooting.

I'll beep out the socket pins to the edge connector and see if any are missing. What do the resistor arrays do? Could it be an issue there?
  • xodaraP -

Liked Fluffy’s post in the thread PGM single game PCB assembly and troubleshooting.

Like (Post)
    Yes, the CHAR board is independent. You can swap tile ROMs as well with the game still booting. You could try burning P1 into a different EPROM, in case the one you've got is slightly dodgy. The only other thing is the connection to the EPROM, either a…
  • Fluffy -

Yes, the CHAR board is independent. You can swap tile ROMs as well with the game still booting. You could try burning P1 into a different EPROM, in case the one you've got is slightly dodgy. The only other thing is the connection to the EPROM, either a…
  • xodaraP -

Liked Darksoft’s post in the thread Multi sound cutting out or hanging.

Like (Post)
    @syntax_X I've always been available via PM. The kit is obviously out of warranty, but we will do our best to help you fix it. The reason for Qsound to fail can be many: flash, level shifter, solder, CPLD, etc. As you have ordered some buffers, go…
  • Darksoft -

@syntax_X I've always been available via PM. The kit is obviously out of warranty, but we will do our best to help you fix it. The reason for Qsound to fail can be many: flash, level shifter, solder, CPLD, etc. As you have ordered some buffers, go…
  • acblunden2 -

Replied to the thread Sega System C2 multi kit sale & support.

Got it working! And it is fabulous. Someone asked me if I had Columns and I do now. An old favorite from the 90's. Girls love that game. I think it is the colorful gems.
  • xodaraP -

NVRAM has been cleared, both with the switch and within the test menu I've tried 2 different motherboards and both give exactly the same fault :( It's throwing an error message sometimes in the top left with address and data lines listed, so it's…
  • xodaraP -

Liked Fluffy’s post in the thread PGM single game PCB assembly and troubleshooting.

Like (Post)
    The GALs are an "all or nothing" thing, so if you see legal text without corruption they should be fine. Any error would corrupt the graphics or prevent the code from booting. Two things I could think of right now: - maybe the NVRAM contains data that…
  • Kitinota -

Replied to the thread How to power a Ringedge?.

Quote from Logan McCloud: “Hi, Cut a little on the side of this one and it will fit, this is the "fast and dirty" solution: 71rMEtuvSlL._SX425_.jpg Best regards. ” Thank you very much to all. It had a compatible connector, cut…
  • Kitinota -

Liked Logan McCloud’s post in the thread How to power a Ringedge?.

Like (Post)
    Hi, Cut a little on the side of this one and it will fit, this is the "fast and dirty" solution: 71rMEtuvSlL._SX425_.jpg Best regards.