Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• rewrite -

Liked Fluffy’s post in the thread The next big conversion?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from rewrite: “In the event you move forward with this, I've a CV1000 PCB I'd be willing to lend out (and wouldn't be devastated if anything happened to it in the process). ” Thanks for the offer, but at the moment this is probably outside my…
  • Fluffy -

Replied to the thread The next big conversion?.

Quote from rewrite: “In the event you move forward with this, I've a CV1000 PCB I'd be willing to lend out (and wouldn't be devastated if anything happened to it in the process). ” Thanks for the offer, but at the moment this is probably outside my…
  • rewrite -

Quote from Fluffy: “Quote from rewrite: “I was just giving a partial reason as to why bootlegs weren't really a thing. ” ... and I'm just throwing ideas at the wall how more people can get access to games based on cave hardware. ;) I'm considering a bigger…
  • rewrite -

Like (Post)
    Quote from rewrite: “I was just giving a partial reason as to why bootlegs weren't really a thing. ” ... and I'm just throwing ideas at the wall how more people can get access to games based on cave hardware. ;) I'm considering a bigger project after the…
  • sofakng -

Replied to the thread Home Arcade System.

Does anybody know if any of the recommended power supplies are available in the USA? The FAQ lists the following: Quote: “– Mean Well MWP-606 – Prima Power 42PP0606 (can be bought directly from SUZO HAPP, at least in Europe) – Mean Well RT-65A…
  • Fluffy -

Quote from rewrite: “I was just giving a partial reason as to why bootlegs weren't really a thing. ” ... and I'm just throwing ideas at the wall how more people can get access to games based on cave hardware. ;) I'm considering a bigger project after the…
  • iGaroux -

Now follows lukemorse1.

Follow
  • rewrite -

Like (Post)
    Quote from connor: “What about these? j-core.org/roadmap.html Says the J3 is/will be SH3 compatible. Not sure if it's actually been manufactured or not. ” There don't seem to be changes since 2016, so most likely dead... I think a bootleg is possible…
  • rewrite -

Quote from Fluffy: “They implement SH-2 and some SH-3 instructions that are not covered by patents, though I have no idea if it is possible to reach the required performance of the 133Mhz SH-3 on an FPGA board. ” I'm not sure either. Sure would be…
  • Fluffy -

Quote from connor: “What about these? j-core.org/roadmap.html Says the J3 is/will be SH3 compatible. Not sure if it's actually been manufactured or not. ” There don't seem to be changes since 2016, so most likely dead... I think a bootleg is possible…
  • rewrite -

Like (Post)
    Quote from rewrite: “Bootlegs/repro's/something would make a lot more sense than a multi. SH3 CPU's got discontinued, and finding them in large quantities isn't terribly easy. ” There is an open source implementation of the SuperH instruction set:
  • connor -

Quote from rewrite: “Quote from Fluffy: “Of course, looking at the cost of the originals and that they're using mostly off-the-shelf hardware I'm surprised that there aren't many bootlegs? ” The sound ROMs would still need to be desoldered,…