Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• mathewbeall -

Liked psykom1’s post in the thread Finally, multi System 16B (Sega).

Like (Post)
    I'm over here like.... pyFY72V.gif ...waiting on my PMs.
  • mathewbeall -

Replied to the thread Mitsurugi-w's Review of the USB Host Controller for 3DO FZ-1.

OK - thanks - I will wait to see that, or an email from him. Excited!
  • Ransom -

Replied to the thread Mitsurugi-w's Review of the USB Host Controller for 3DO FZ-1.

Quote from mathewbeall: “@Ransom - I just pulled the trigger on this... i have an FZ-1 coming. I sent to the website and did "make order" with - will get the external one. I filled out the form, and then nothing. I selected the "friends" option. Will…
  • hoagtech -

Like (Post)
  • ekorz -

Liked twistedsymphony’s post in the thread Help me solve an SSV Mystery!.

Like (Post)
    If you want to try adding the rest of the sounds, try concatenating u7+u6 from the original Dyna Gear set and then burning the resulting file to a 27c160 and installing in the SND1 location.
  • ekorz -

Replied to the thread Help me solve an SSV Mystery!.

@ShootTheCore Slap a socket on SND1 and try concatenating the other 2 sound files on there! Maybe they just forgot a rom! Probably a jumper on C34 too. For science! Edit: twisted you beat me this time...
  • twistedsymphony -

If you want to try adding the rest of the sounds, try concatenating u7+u6 from the original Dyna Gear set and then burning the resulting file to a 27c160 and installing in the SND1 location.
  • twistedsymphony -

Liked ShootTheCore’s post in the thread Help me solve an SSV Mystery!.

Like (Post)
    Alright, I was able to cleanly desolder the sound ROM, data ROM and PAL chip on my Dyna Gears conversion. The PAL chip wasn't protected so I was able to dump it. I also had a chance to try out Dyna Gear on MAME, and it's now obvious to me what's…
  • twistedsymphony -

Already started analyzing... splitting the sound ROM it looks like it's a concatenation of U9+U8 of the original Dyna Gear set without any additional modification, which is exactly what you'd do when going from 2x 8Mbit ROMs to a single 16Mbit ROM Same…
  • ShootTheCore -

Like (Post)
  • rootuser -

Replied to the thread Finally, multi System 16B (Sega).

I'd like to be added to get one of each of these (V1 + V2) Late to the party as usual (sigh) but happy to wait. My Darksoft Decco just stopped working so I'll have to amuse myself trying to fix it while waiting for this.
  • Rg111 -

Like (Post)
  • Frank_fjs -

Like (Post)
  • Frank_fjs -

Replied to the thread Tecmo Ninja Gaiden pcb schematics.

Fujitsu ram chips! Probably around 6 or more on the board, most are socketed so it's easy to replace them.
  • ekorz -

Liked ShootTheCore’s post in the thread Help me solve an SSV Mystery!.

Like (Post)
    Alright, I was able to cleanly desolder the sound ROM, data ROM and PAL chip on my Dyna Gears conversion. The PAL chip wasn't protected so I was able to dump it. I also had a chance to try out Dyna Gear on MAME, and it's now obvious to me what's…
  • ShootTheCore -

• Usukane -

Posted the thread Taito X2 won’t boot bad video.

Thread
    Just wanted to get an opinion on this before I pick up a new video card. Boots to taito screen (with compromised video) then black screen with green lines. I’m am assuming it’s the video card. Anyone have a similar issue? I’ve reseated the card and…
  • opt2not -

Like (Post)
  • yardley -

Liked arcadeaction’s post in the thread Successful Blast City Nanao MS-2931 Tube Swap Info.

Like (Post)
    Quote from yardley: “Quote from arcadeaction: “Quote from yardley: “Crap you're right, it was advertised as 27". What do you think about this one? It's from 1997 though. ” Looks to be a good chance with that Panasonic. You can flash a light…
  • arcadeaction -

Replied to the thread Successful Blast City Nanao MS-2931 Tube Swap Info.

Quote from yardley: “Quote from arcadeaction: “Quote from yardley: “Crap you're right, it was advertised as 27". What do you think about this one? It's from 1997 though. ” Looks to be a good chance with that Panasonic. You can flash a light…