Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 22.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• @djsheep is a hero in my eyes, I love my Astro and I’m glad I managed to get it, atm I play a few rounds of Ketsui every other day. I definitely feel like a care taker and I have improved a few things to make it last and look good. New control panel, LS-56 sticks and Sanwa buttons and control panel wiring, fixed all the threads and fitted some new screws, bought a lower rear door and fitted it, bought and fitted locks, make aluminium adapters to mount aftermarket speakers, painted the control pa…

• Glad to hear it, you have been missed.

• Thanks @xodaraP I knew there was some reasonable explanation I was missing.

• From my understanding there is no perceivable difference to the user. In what instance would encrypted roms be the preferred option? Sorry for asking, I feel like this is something I should already know, but I don’t.

• Can I please also add my name to list. As mentioned just above I can’t really understand whether I need v1 or v2 and that is after asking @xodaraP. My mobo will turn up next week for confirmation of what it is exactly.

• I work in a professional restoration shop and as mentioned the painting part is easy, it is all in the prep. A spray booth ensures you get a dust free finish so your time is not wasted. Another point to note is there are a lot of materials that you will need in small quantities that can only be bought in bulk that a workshop would have on the shelf. Things like plastic primer, etch primer and hi-fill, if refinished in 2-pack paint this will be a resilient hard wearing finish that should last as …

• I’m sure this has been answered before but I couldn’t find it. I am trying to setup a versatile cab and was wondering if this was the way to do it. I was going to wire button 4 to the Jamma edge and also the kick harness. I wasn’t sure if this was would create conflict on non-MVS hardware seeing a short at terminal 25/AC. Any advice would be appreciated.

• GunNail Bootleg

buffaloj0e - - General Jamma and pre-Jamma

That is a tough break. Would have the bootleggers hack the rom? Thinking about it if the board layout and components have changed then there must be some changes to the rom?

• Cool to see so many Aussie's here, oh and Apocalypse who we can claim and crown an honorary Aussie like we do for all the best reasonable Kiwi's.

• Huh, who knew you could even buy the stuff still. I think they export every single can of Fosters, well except for that one 6 pack

• 1. buffaloj0e 2. Qld (Rockhampton) 3. Very much just the beginner, my success rate with the soldering iron is about 50/50. 4. Not looking for anything specific, had some beginner luck find some random (mostly broken) pcb’s, should be picking up a cab and some more pcb’s on the weekend so I can have a bit more of an idea after that.

• So you wire the Jamma harness to the line level convertor then from the rca out to a seperate amp and speaker combo? Do you often swap boards on that setup? Do you have much fiddling to mainting audio levels? Being a beginner I was also wondering about audio options.

• Home Arcade System

buffaloj0e - - RGB's lab

The quality seems fine can take photo if you like, haven’t done any more then power a couple of 12V fans

• Home Arcade System

buffaloj0e - - RGB's lab

@Frank_fjs definitely-5V, I was worried about the part number also but it is right. You do have to remove the cover to switch between 110 and 240

• CPS2 Fan Replacement

buffaloj0e - - Capcom's CPS2

Yeah price is a killer for the Papst here, I wasn’t going to bother with it until I decided to test them and then I couldn’t leave it out.

• CPS2 Fan Replacement

The following air flow numbers are the ratings from the maunufactuer, I converted them to a common scale but have no way to verify them. It’s only a relatively cheap dB meter my background noise was 42dB. Original fan 55dB 22cfm Papst 43dB 11.2cfm Sunnon 43.5dB 12cfm Gelid 48dB 16cfm

• CPS2 Fan Replacement

Side by side comparison of the 4 main contenders if anyone is interested of for future reference. fan comparison

• Home Arcade System

buffaloj0e - - RGB's lab

@Frank_fjs ordered now, in stock in Melbourne $65aud but $15 was airbag to QLD. Cheaper then anything similar I saw from OS. I will let you know how it goes.

• Home Arcade System

buffaloj0e - - RGB's lab

In Australia Suzo didn’t like that part number and instead offered me 42PP0608 which I thought had 24V instead of -5V, but I have been assured it has -5V and was sent this link na.suzohapp.com/products/power_supplies/80-0210-00 Looks to be the same psu as far as I can tell.

• Please add me also.