Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 59.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Makvision 27 TriMode VGA test

midwaydj - - Monitor Help

That’s interesting, it does have an impedance switch on the remote board to 1k as well if I remember right.

Just for reference this is the model I have. na.suzohapp.com/products/monitors/49-2715-00?REF=SN

My chassis is auto switching so I didn’t have to to manually switch res. It is definitely better than using a LCD. In 31khz the geometry issues were more apparent and it has a weird stretching along the edges of the tube. Also, I used a cheap vga dreamcast cable with a female to female coupler and it worked fine with the makvision. I’m using it on a pc crt and it looks great.

Is this the 3129? If so it will auto switch to 480p. At least mine does. Used dreamcast with it for some time. Switched to a pc crt because the geometry was so bad.

• Just read the manual which I’m not sure why I also missed. Looks the same. Thanks for pointing out this capability.

• It looks like I did but I didn’t realize it! Thanks. The button config the same as the HAS?

• Just had a chance to test out the ez boards with Mc Cthulhu on NES. I purchased some rj45 to NES cables from jasens customs. The A & B buttons are mapped to jamma buttons 5 & 6 which is fine for a usb fight stick but not fine for a jamma cab with no kick harness. It looks like MC Cthulhu is not programmable so assuming I would need to recrimp the rj45 connectors so A & B are mapped to 1 & 2? I realize I should have listened and made the cable myself from the beginning...

• I have the shorter buttons as well. Any chance I could be sent some too?

• Quote from acblunden2: “Quote from midwaydj: “Just wanted to confirm the jammaizer + vga hat & Mc Cthulu with rj45 to usb cable is working great for a groovy mame setup. The rgb amp is a major improvement over the jpac. ” I can confirm video and audio works just fine, provided you have your MAME box running CRT Emu (or ArcadeVGA *yuck*). Haven't used Arthrimus's EZ MC Cthulhu board with an RJ45-to-USB cable yet. Thus far, I have been using Akishops PS360+ for MAME controls using a USB cable. If …

• Just wanted to confirm the jammaizer + vga hat & Mc Cthulu with rj45 to usb cable is working great for a groovy mame setup. The rgb amp is a major improvement over the jpac.

• Quote from acblunden2: “What's the deal anyway on the need for a USB connection on an any of the existing MC PCB's. You can terminate a USB 2.0 cable to RJ45 and it works just fine. USB cables are everywhere you look. Effectively, they are free. You can buy a crimping tool set and it comes with RJ45 modular plugs for $15. Then you have USB console to your MAME PC, PS3, Xbox 360. The cost of a crimping tool set is less than the cost of these new PCB's. And you can crimp your own console cables if…

• Home Arcade System

midwaydj - - RGB's lab

Interested in 2 extension harnesses

• Quote from acblunden2: “ @midwaydj, AFAIK, all of the PCB's that use the 20-pin MC header have USB-to-RJ45 compatibility: Brook Retro/Universal Fighting Board/, PS360+, MC Cthulhu. ” It looks like the Brook Universal might be the best bet since it seems to have a USB port on it? Given the issues with cables you mention, this could eliminate that issue. I don’t have any experience with these boards so I’m taking a guess.

• Quote from acblunden2: “Quote from BroadwayJose: “My setup will be primarily for console use but if/when I decide to dive into PC use is there a known cheap USB PCB that supports the same 20-pin header standard? Cthulhu seems like overkill to me and I already have Brook retro boards for my old consoles. ” Nope. We will have to wait for whoever is making the Zero Delay encoders to exhaust current stock. Then they can design the Zero Delay II with the MC 2x10 header. ” Since there are currently no…

• Started to look into modding the PDP Klassic as it seems a lot easier to take apart than the TE. It looks like the Xbox 360 buttons at the top middle make contact with the pads from the pcb under them in the inside. So I can’t really think of a good way to re-use them if modding for db15. Player Start and coin up would likely require drilling button holes on the side or back of the particle board case and wiring them there. There will also be a need to cut out a hole in the back for the new db15…

• From what I am reading the original arcade cabinets came with Happ competition joysticks which at the time were made by iL and most similar to the current iL Eurostick. The buttons were Happ competition with cherry microswitches. What I’m also reading is that the PDP sticks came with the new Chinese Happ competition joysticks which are not as good and the buttons had e-switch micrososwitches which are garbage apparently. The Klassic supposedly came with cherry microswitches. I have a TE and Klas…

• I think the opportunities for lag come with the usb encoder on the stick you are using not necessarily the undamned decoders.

• Do you have a microswitch preference? Just popped open one of my MK sticks and looks like it has iL sticks and buttons with cherry microswitches but I have some D44X microswitches I might use in there. Just curious what others are using.

• The MK sticks come with the same sticks and buttons as the original cabinet so not sure what the issue is there. Everything feels like the original cabinet to me. I couldn’t imagine playing on Japanese sticks with a weird layout. To each their own! I am probably one of the people that thinks tournaments should be on original cabinets. It’s realistic if someone buys a cabinet. Understandable if nobody wants to do that. I do have the luxury of having several arcades with UMK3 cabinets and a fighti…

• Those MK fight sticks are perfect. I am planning to to rewire mine for db15 so no usb decoder or undamned adapters are needed.