Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 259.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Konnichwa from Tokyo

mukurofish - - Introduce Yourself!

How about Saturday, April 18 at Mikado Game Center near Shinjuku? It's the best old-school arcade in the city. Lots of old shooters and fighting games. The ratio is about 2/3 games from 1999 and below to 1/3 newer. The second floor is almost all old Capcom and SNK fighters. There's a Taito Station within walking distance too if we want to go there later. April 18 is the first day I'll be free from my school prison.

• Konnichwa from Tokyo

Sounds good minus the calculus :p (seriously, that class is KILLING me).

• Konnichwa from Tokyo

My favorite arcade is Mikado near Shinjuku. This semester I have no free time thanks to my calculus and international trade classes, but I’ll be free my self imposed prison come mid-April.

• That’s awesome! The one near Shinjuku in Tokyo kicks major ass, so I’m glad to see the joy spreading.

• Konnichwa from Tokyo

@Joe We met in the states a few years ago. She was a bank worker in Japan for about seven years, but ditched it to come to the U.S. and learn practical English. I had the help of my Japanese roommate to break the ice. She had a boyfriend at the time, but my friend’s recon revealed that the guy sucked at life. It took a few months, but I won her over.

• Konnichwa from Tokyo

Another Japan resident here, although I’m very new (just arrived in August). My wife is Japanese though so I’ll probably be here for the long run. I go to school in Sangenjaya near Shibuya, so I’m down to hit up some arcades with everyone.

• Update: PS1 is working great in Line 5X. I'm super exciting to get the PSIO in the mail. I built up a good little collection of games on disk for about 5000 yen though. I don't live in the city proper, so the local BookOff! wasn't picked clean and had great prices. Dreamcast 240p games can be hit and miss; all work in Line 4X though. I've found that selecting "Generic 4x3" as the ratio usually takes care of any problems in Line 5X.

• Quote from jassin000: “You can also try things like increasing or decreasing the v/h-threshold. ” How do I do this? I will give it a try tonight.

• Ordered a cable for the PS1. I'll keep an eye out for some Parodius games at the bookstores : D I forgot that KoF99 Dream Match on Dreamcast ran in 240p without any button commands or menu options so I booted that up. The OSSC displays RGBHV 263p 15.73kHz 59.82Hz. Line 3X and 4X work great. Line 5X has a picture that blinks on and off every few seconds. Is this because 263 x 5 is 1315 (higher than 1200)? I didn't even know there was a 263P. I'd have to put the games like Jojo and 3rd Strike on m…

• I’m going to order a SCART cable for the PS1 today so I can test with a 240p source on this monitor. Might be a week or so before I can give an update about it due to shipping. Thank you for the detailed explanation on how it works with the Dreamcast @jassin000 . I understand it much better now : D

• I apologize, but I'm rather unfamiliar with OSSC. I've tried doing my homework via videogameperfection and shmups.org, but I just end up even more confused. I sold my Framemeister a few years back after picking up a couple 800 line PVMs for rather cheap. Before moving to Japan I decided to give OSSC a go. On my 60" 1080p Sony Bravia only Line 2X worked when trying out my Saturn. If I tried 3x, 4x, or 5x I simply got a message on the OSSC screen that read "unsupported". I read that people were ha…

• Damn I would have tested had I found out earlier. My stick is running a dual UFB and Retro Board setup. I also have a DB15 port on it (running wires from the UFB's terminal post to a DB15 breakout) but I have it wired up for Neo Geo use. I'm just about to move so my supergun and arcade gear is in storage now. Once I know my head from ass in Japan I'll probably order a supergun from @RGB : )

• Quote from Yagamisan: “Quote from Yagamisan: “It happens less frequently with new firmware, and i also have random pcm audio bug like in this video at 5:05 youtube.com/watch?time_continue=307&v=jwHHIpLcjdE ” After more test, i had a lot of theses 2 bugs (pcm audio and music and sound disappear) with kof97.MV1F stock bios and unibios latest menu & firmware ” Come to think of it I had A LOT of trouble with KoF97 as well, and sometimes 96 (but never 98 weirdly enough). On 96 it happened on the Kore…

• I updated the FW on mine around March. I'm not sure if that's the most up to date or not. I've been kind out of the loop on everything between school, getting married, selling my house, prepping to move overseas, etc. Since doing the update it was happening less often than before though.

• Quote from Darksoft: “Quote from mukurofish: “Maybe it has been mentioned before, but is anybody having music tracks cut out once in a while? When I play Neo Turf Masters or Metal Slug 1 sometimes the music will cut out until a new track loads. Sometimes just part of the music cuts out (high end will cut out, baseline cuts out). ” @mukurofish is this happening on MVS or AES console ? ” @Darksoft It’s happening on an MVS. I just put it into storage (my move to Japan is happening in a few weeks), …

• Maybe it has been mentioned before, but is anybody having music tracks cut out once in a while? When I play Neo Turf Masters or Metal Slug 1 sometimes the music will cut out until a new track loads. Sometimes just part of the music cuts out (high end will cut out, baseline cuts out).

• Awesome pics! Welcome : )

• @AlxUnderBase This is what it looked like in early 2014. Was still using the factory panel. You can see the little wires going from the PCB to the buttons. I was such a newbie then I didn’t even know about quick connects, so I actually soldered the wires onto the buttons too haha. Here is a thread showing my late 2015 version of the stick with PS360+ boards: MK30 ADCAP and Sega HSS-0130 setup

• Quote from AlxUnderBase: “@mukurofish ... sir , i want just to replace my buttons on my HSS0130 , and i need an artwork moves like yours , but i don't know where to start. I intend to use my stick with Saturn HAS adapters. Maybe i didn't read and understand well , but i want to try to change the buttons because mine are in a poor shape . Thanks in advance. (Anyway , after that maybe i'll try to do your mod on my stick too...) ” To replace the buttons you will have to de-solder the old ones from …

• @opt2not They definitely make everything nice and clean. I wish I had more myself so the likelihood of them being built is relatively high. My brother will be visiting home from Taiwan in May. I'm keeping this stick stored in his workshop so he'll be able to take a good look at that time.