Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• enthusiastic newbie

jassin000 - - Introduce Yourself!

I really don't like CRTs... But if you do get one I recommend a analog/SD consumer TV with component inputs. You can get a cheap/quality SCART-to-component adapter easily from Amazon. PVMs/BVMs are the kingz of retro displays, but holy shit have you seen the prices lately? Not to mention the biggest L5 (best PVM made) only came 20" max. Also you'll likely be shipping one? Yea... Don't do that (dead on arrival is a real possibility)! Personally I swear by my 55" LG B6 OLED when paired with the fa…

• Normally I wouldn't recommend hot glue, but in this case I think a light application under the lifted cap would provide some much needed stability. Of course if you ever need to remove it, that is going to be tricky... Maybe someone has a better substance/solution?

• [HAS] JAMMA extension harness

jassin000 - - RGB's lab

Ooooh I need dat!

• enthusiastic newbie

jassin000 - - Introduce Yourself!

If you are looking for something easy to use and high quality, I recommend adding your name to @RGB 's HAS pre-order list. You have a few options when it comes to control, an adapter to use console controllers or build/buy a supergun arcade stick. When you say "TV" do you mean old/glass CRT or new flat LCD/OLED? BTW I was at Retro World Expo in Hartford this year, great little event if you haven't been yet.

• Hodge Podge Chewlix

jassin000 - - Project Showcase

Yea 400$ is def a deal, even with no screen.

• Hodge Podge Chewlix

Are these cabs inexpensive? I just can't imagine it would be much cheaper than a real VLX.

• Kinda bummer, because I know the bezel is going to greatly add to both the price of the kit and the shipping of the kit. Cost 300$ just to UPS one monitor complete from MA to VA (entire fucking cab is only 500$)... Most of that price was due to the odd size not really the weight (so you can expect something similar). If it really can't be done any other way so be it, still better than dropping 1400$ on a official 1080p Taito replacement.

• Quote from hursit: “If i get big succes with my Dreamcast Shell, my next project will be Sega Naomi ” *sigh* Maybe I'll buy one and give it away via a fun contest, I honestly have no interest but I NEED that NAOMI CASE!

• Uh... I'm still wanting/waiting for that Naomi replacement case that includes internal support for NetDIMM and PiForce. I don't have a DC HDMI (OSSC all the way baby) and I don't like the DreamPSU (all you need to do is remove one voltage regulator from the original DC PSU and its perfect so that is a waste of space/time/money). Looks freaking fantastic tho (now plz work that same magic on something worthy/Naomi).

• Great Community!

jassin000 - - Forum Support & Help

When it comes to flippers I say the responsibility lies with the seller. Yes we can do a better job making these guys known, but if you are selling something here consider who you are selling to... Maybe even say NO?

• Escarioth's Aluminum Cases

Quote from Escarioth: “Well... For storing and display i love them ” Yea I only have the one, but because the JAMMA edge is recessed inside of the case and the other edge flat its stands up very well on its own. Then you have all that great artwork/shelf candy to look at, just like a giant video game cart.

• I spent alot of time in Albany/Glens Falls area... That arcade at the Aviation Mall (was a Tilt) always had awesome games I couldn't play/find at other arcades. Moonwalker Knuckle Heads Guardians of the Hood A MVS 4 slot with Metal Slug in it

• I just scooped one of these up myself, very nice build quality... JNX/James makes awesome stuff!

• Great Community!

jassin000 - - Forum Support & Help

@ITATTRACTS I have my moments, as anyone familiar with my history of posts can tell you... I am passionate about this hobby, and I really do love my fellow arcade brothers and sisters (even when we disagree). When this forum first started, I looked at it more or less as a help resource for Darksoft products. Time has shown this site to be so much more than that, I get a strong sense of community/comradery here and I truly appreciate that

• I thought the G-Net contained some special customs not on the ZN, likewise hasn't the ZN got a few customs the G-Net is missing?

• Quote from waiwainl: “@Hadouken Arcade mentioned that he would send one to @Cereth to test L AMI compatibility. It might just work ” I'll tell ya what... I'll buy one regardless because even if it won't fit into my L-AMI I'll install it into the Diamond. And I'll take picks and fill you all in with the details... @Hadouken Arcade just needs to sell me one.

• I'm looking at purchasing two brackets, one for a L-AMI and one for a Diamond (original IPS Alpha screen). Hopefully these two are fully compatible?

• The best way to deal with the Midway family is OSSC directly into a freesync supporting LCD/IPS. At one time I would recommend iScan DVDO's for sync adjustment, but this adds "Framemister" levels of lag (16ms+). I've been told the Sony Wega CRT family also has problems with Midway. So even in the magical zero-lag CRT world, Midway's 400x254@54.88Hz is just freak'n strange man. VXQaZ5z.jpg

• Quote from nem: “it's a remake IMO. Bad one too. ” Maybe this is the reason?

• Quote from segasonic91: “I have never forgiven SEGA for no Saturn port ” Also they had other System32 ports like Gale Racer on Saturn... So why no ports? Not just GA2, but the arcade Spider-man or yea even Arabian Fight would have been purchased by me IF available.