Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 174.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• The version of Operation Ghost I have is cracked. It runs with JVS turned on in the config file, or off. It's strange that they'd write custom drivers for each game given the generic nature of the hardware, the IO controller and the guns. I guess it doesn't matter if Teknoparrot is what's blocking the use of a JVS board. Even if there was a generic driver making Windows see the JVS board as regular analog and digital controls, it wouldn't solve my issue. I can already use my Sega guns as analog …

• Have you ever tried using one of the PCI express JVS cards in a regular PC? I don't know if you've ever had a reason to look at the code of a Lindbergh game but, given your coding skills and what you do for a living, did you happen to notice if the drivers for the JVS pci express card were on the game disc (like they are on console games)? Or, for Windows based PCBs, are there jvs drivers included with the Windows install disc image? The Operation Ghost ISO I have runs without Teknoparrot on a r…

• How does the JVS control board connect to a Lindbergh system (or other PC-based arcades)? I can see what looks like a USB connector but I read that JVS uses completely different protocols and connections to a regular PC USB port. Is there a JVS PCI express card IO port? or some kind of adapter to convert JVS USB to PC usb? I am trying to find out if it's possible to connect my type 2 guns to my PC via a JVS control board for games that used them in the arcade and were PC based. I can get the typ…

• full specs here: teknogods.github.io/compatibility/namco-es3.htm

• Quote from twistedsymphony: “crisis zone doesn't use a laser. its just a focused led ” What's the difference ? I'm not saying I think you're wrong. I'd genuinely like to know. I thought an led laser was just a focused beam of led light.

• They use a laser in crisis zone and those PDP Mars guns (which are definitely aimed at kids).

• Quote from twistedsymphony: “Quote from Zebra: “What type of manufacturing do you work in if you don't mind me asking? ” I have a degree in mechanical engineering and write engineering software for an Aerospace parts manufacturer. We mostly make stuff that moves: roller bearings, rod ends, links, engine mounts, landing gear parts, etc. If it flies it probably has our parts in it. ” Nice. That's a fascinating field (at least it is to me).

• That is certainly true. It's OK at tracking relative motion but accurate aiming is something else. All the ones I have used start to drift fairly quickly. I'm interested to see what's inside those guns to see their approach to solving it. What type of manufacturing do you work in if you don't mind me asking?

• It's not the screen that moves, it's the players position in relation to it . You need more data for absolute positioning. That's a separate point to adding additional axis. If the accelerometer and the gyro were stacked perfectly on top of each other in the center of a spherical object, you could rotate it in any direction without moving the X, Y and Z axis. If the point of measurement for the accelerometer and gyro is not perfectly centered, as it wouldn't be with a gun, rotating it would also…

• I do understand (building cnc machines is a hobby of mine) I'm just not explaining myself very well obviously ... Just like with CNC machines, there's multiple components to light gun accuracy. It's the gun and the screen and the player's limbs. The current 6 axis (accelerometer / gyro) controllers are not able to maintain line of site accuracy because they only track it from one position and have no reference to where the screen is. They can do OK for a short while but quickly drift from a buil…

• Just Google "9 axis cnc machine". I'm not making it up. There are plenty and they are most definitely not just a gimmick. They are serious industrial machines from leading brands with sound logic for existing (I.e. Doing more with less set-ups) . For example: youtube.com/watch?v=gr3RM8yCfUg And youtube.com/watch?v=sPTYqn-EbAA And youtube.com/watch?v=EziLkDc8kHg They have 10 and 11 axis machines too.

• No it isn't. The Ikari Warriors one is a regular joystick with a rotary axis on top. It doesn't have 4 axis or any kind of linear motion. You could never use one to play FPS games one-handed, even if they were analog, which they are not. See: youtube.com/watch?v=gkNdjM_O9BA The GS2 gun is like a regular 2 axis positional arcade gun on top of an X Y linear motion slide table. You can push the whole gun forwards and sideways and tilt it forward to aim up and down and rotate it, to aim left and rig…

• No, there's 9. You have X, Y, Z and each of those can rotate in three directions. I saw a 9 axis CNC machine once. It was crazy watching it work. An arcade gun isn't a CNC machine obviously but you'd still have at least 7 axis. I.e. X, Y, Z, Forward rotation, side rotation plus tilt in two directions. I'm not even sure if that would be enough. You'd probably want separate rotation axis for aiming and moving the position. I.e. Because you can rotate the gun without changing where you are aiming. …

• The fact that it's on the power distribution diagram suggests that it's use is powering the recoil and not related to tracking. The gun's I/O traffic looks to be a regular USB connection going directly the PC. A gyro / acellerometer could be line of sight accurate if it had a decent screen out mechanism and enough axis of motion tracking. If it's track 9 axis if could be super accurate. Anyway, it has crosshairs on-screen so it doesn't really need absolute accuracy.

• Hold the horses on the genius gun praise. It says here they just use an internal gyroscope for tracking which makes it an air mouse: primetimeamusements.com/product/tomb-raider/ Weird, it really looks like like it's using an IR laser in this vid: youtube.com/watch?v=fynnsJb5wZg You can see what looks like a faint laser dot when the game's on-screen crosshairs are not in the way and you can see it lagging behind a little in some parts: youtube.com/watch?v=fynnsJb5wZg The parts list for the guns i…

• Quote from bobbydilley: “In this case they are not, it uses some electro-magnetic field I beleive to track the gun positions - it's sort of there in the manual if you take a look. They've got a sort of wiring diagram that shows the big reference coil. It doesn't use any form of light, if you actually go up to one of the machines and look down the end of the gun it's completely sealed plastic. No lens or anything. Have lots of these machines in my area, and have played on them - so can reliabily …

• Quote from MetalliC: “Quote from Zebra: “It's the only arcade gun I have ever seen with that design ” its not really unique, basically it is same rotary-stick as was used in number of 198x shooters (Midnight Resistance, Ikari Warriors, Jackal, etc) but, this time it is an analogue stick. ” It's nothing like those old rotary sticks aside from them both being joysticks on some level. The Gun Survivor 2 gun uses linear potentiometers which is the key part. It allows you to walk backwards while side…

• When they talk about a coil in arcade guns, they are usually referring to the recoil solenoid. I'm not sure how you could use a coil to determine position. It's just an electro-magnet. Looking at the videos of the game on YouTube, it looks like they are using laser pointer guns with camera like they used in Crisis Zone. I couldn't see any LEDs around the screen. Are they claiming to have invented a new gun tech?

• Quote from twistedsymphony: “Quote from Zebra: “As I suspected, these Virtua Cop 3 guns didn't have the advertised recoil or even have room in the shell to put a solenoid. ” if you want a Sega IR pistol with Recoil Guns from 2Spicy and Sega Golden Gun both have recoil. I'm sure there are others but those are the two that come to mind. ” I've been on the lookout for a too spicy gun for a while. I've never actually seen a Too Spicy cab anywhere in the wild and I've never seen any used parts on eba…

• I finally finished wiring up my Ghost Squad gun. I still have a little work to do on setting the right speed for the recoil as it's a particularly challenging solenoid to set the right frequency and duty cycle for. It works well enough to use for now though. I've been having fun playing Ghost Squad with the correct gun: youtube.com/watch?v=8gx00X9qgzM It kinda works for LA Machine Guns and Gunblade too until I set up my positional guns in my new house: youtube.com/watch?v=Ivy9AT2VQf0 Basically, …