Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 22.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• PM sent. @Mitsurugi-w are you still offering this install service?

• Quote from Darksoft: “saveyourgames just run out of stock, so it will be 2-3 months actually till next batch. ” who will be carrying it once it is back in stock? will paradise arcade shop be getting them? is this thread the best place to watch for updates?

• is it difficult to adapt this to support MVS wiring for stereo audio etc using dip switches? wiki.arcadeotaku.com/images/2/27/JammaVsMVS-pinouts.pdf

• Quote from ninjaz0mbie: “is there a standardized spec for this, or do this or is this just an undocumented quirk/feature of the monitor ” Looking at the tri-sync helper page, it looks like there's an option to output CSync on pin 13 or HVSync across pin 13 and 14 respectively, so maybe that is the standard way of doing it? Perhaps @invzim knows if this is typically supported by arcade tri-sync monitors. irkenlabs.com/jammafier/tri-sync-helper

• Quote from acblunden2: “15khz from a PC to a tri-sync monitor is tricky, but it is possible as there are 15khz JVS PCB's like all the Tekken boards. I believe what needs to be done is CSync needs to be outputted to the single proper pin, either 13 or 14 (I believe it should be 13). Enabling CSync in VMMaker and Atom-15 will send CSync to both pins. So the trick is pulling one of the pins, 13 or 14. But which one to pull for sure and if pulling one impacts playing other sources properly is the qu…

• Quote from xodaraP: “The Minigun uses the same standard as the original AES, HAS, UD-USB etc. Unfortunately a lot of other Supergun/adaptor designers don't follow the original Neo standard There's a chart somewhere with the most common Superguns and their pinouts. ” What’s different about them? I imagine the original AES standard didn’t have support for more than four buttons so is that the main reason for the changes?

• would it be difficult to make a single, combined PCB for the minigun and the 4-player board? I imagine it would save a bit of space to take out the superfluous 2x male/female DB15 connectors

• Quote from acblunden2: “My Dreamcast w/GDEmu will be spending much of its time in a cab. Heat is a concern for me. ” I'm curious, and forgive me if this is incredibly naive. In a scenario where one is putting a Dreamcast into an arcade cabinet, could you use a pico PSU and then wire it up directly to a 12V output from the cabinet's own PSU, rather than going with an external power transformer brick?

• Home Arcade System

ninjaz0mbie - - RGB's lab

Is there a mailing list or something where one could sign up to be notified when pre-orders are open again? Or should I just keep checking this thread?

• Home Arcade System

@RGB when will preorders be open again?

• Quote from nem: “Shanghai Novel tubes were regularly paired with Sanwa chassis. ” Is this a decent tube then? I think the boards for both sanwa and toshiba chassis were interchangeable, right? Also I noticed on the AO wiki that the neck board has different C228 capacitor for the Toshiba tube versus the Matsushita tube. Does that mean I may need to play around with this component if I swap out a tube from another brand like this? Do you think there would be any danger in plugging it in to try it …

• Just to follow up on my last post, turns out I got my hopes up for nothing... picked up the TV over the weekend, popped open the case and took a look at the tube. It’s definitely not what the service manual claims is in there... arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…5180c525c25af63a548d714f4 I presume this tube is at least the same “shape” as the A68LTF356X since this is listed as the part number in the manual, but I doubt the quality of the tube is a worthy replacement for a proper Toshiba PF model...…

• Home Arcade System

Quote from jassin000: “Its a ROM swap, but you can buy ready made EPROMs off eBay if you pay the "tax" heh. ” Sorry, I don't want to hijack this thread, but just curious... do I need two coin slot mechs hooked up for the 2-player variation, or can I get by with one? wondering if I can throw this into a candy cabinet without wiring up some auxiliary coin slot button for player 2.

• Home Arcade System

Quote from jassin000: “I didn't want to bother with that, so I converted my 4-player board to the 2-player version (character select screen at coin-up/start). ” I didn’t know that was an option. Are there dip switches on the board that let me play it in player-select mode? or is the conversion more complicated than that?

• Home Arcade System

I just inherited a TMNT 4-player PCB from a friend who had no use for it and I’d love to get my hands on a HAS to play with it. It looks like the preorder form is down for the moment. Is it too late to get on the October list? Any chance you could squeeze me in, @RGB?

• If anybody is interested, I found what I believe to be a perfect donor tube for a Toshiba PF D29C051 common in NNC cabinets. I was looking on my local facebook marketplace listings for old 4:3 27” flat CRTs and this one came up: arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…5180c525c25af63a548d714f4 Advent HT2751A It’s a boring, no-name, progressive scan display, but I looked up the service manual and found out the tube inside is model A68LTF356X, the exact one found in most NNC cabs. arcade-projects.com/forum…

• The focus is probably an issue with the flyback, not the yoke, right? Perhaps the shape of the tube is also a factor (NNC has "pure flat" Toshiba monitors and Ms8 is a different shape IIRC)

• So the rule of thumb is: if the impedance levels are within +/- 10% of the measured values on the current yoke, it may not necessarily work but at least it won't blow up your chassis if you try it?

• I've heard people recommending picking up Tekken 3 to use as a test PCB because it is set up for both both JVS and JAMMA (at 15khz), but I'm wondering if there is a better/cheaper option. Is there a good, compact, cheap, feature-rich, pattern generator that includes RGB at high-impedance (JAMMA), low-impedance (VGA), with options for c-sync and h/v-sync in a D-sub connector? bonus points if it also: - has a JAMMA edge - supports 24khz and 31khz for testing tri-sync chassis - is self-powered (jus…

• Tube swap questions

ninjaz0mbie - - Monitor Help

Quote from nem: “Actually, if it's a 100hz set, the original yoke could compatible. Get a LCR meter and measure the yoke. ” I don't think 100hz sets are very common here in the states, but worth checking out I suppose. What's the tolerance range on these things? Do I aim for something within 10% of the Lh and Rh values of the current yoke, or will anything with a lower resistance work? Would testing it out risk blowing up the chassis, or would it merely not work. I want to be extremely careful w…