Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• CPS2 A board freezing/crashing

xodaraP - - Capcom's CPS2

Quote from mR_CaESaR: “arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…8083d670dd7944be647c4c391 Ram wise, it checks out.. I took out eprom 3 and re-sat it, didn't make a difference. The behaviour is the same no matter what B board I use ” All that test does is look for power and chip enable signal. It doesn't tell you if the RAM is turning everything into gibberish, only if it's doing so when it's asked.

Quote from djsheep: “Quote from xodaraP: “It's not freezing, it's crashing. The main CPU is really unhappy about something, work RAM error maybe? It's a shame there's not a diagnostic ROM ” Is there not a diagnostic ROM for the CPS-2? I believe I was reading about it somewhere? ” Not that I'm aware of, I was sure I'd heard of one too. There's a suicide tester but no diagnostic ROM I can find

It's not freezing, it's crashing. The main CPU is really unhappy about something, work RAM error maybe? It's a shame there's not a diagnostic ROM

• CPS2 project gone bad

1 of the A boards doesn't boot at all, but the other may still be ok

• CPS2 project gone bad

It really sucks getting burned but it happens. I can tell you it's happened to me more than once and I don't think there's anyone in the hobby it hasn't happened to. All I can suggest it take the experience on board, you now know what to look for and avoid. Even if it takes a bit longer you'll get there.

• CPS2 project gone bad

Are there any Finnish members who may be able to attempt a repair? Or at least within Europe? I would keep the B board shells, clean them up a bit and you can definitely sell those. And hold onto the A boards or sell for parts (a CPS2 A board has both CPS1 customs on it so can revive both a faulty CPS1 A and C board) Not a total loss by any means. I would recommend finding a seller closer to you who can help with a replacement and hopefully you can see it working.

• CPS2 project gone bad

The B boards are definitely dead. Exploded batteries are possible to fix in some cases but that's a huge amount of damage and multiple customs are dead as a result. They were listed as junk so that is always a risk. If you can't see photos of the boards inside, expect it probably is legitimately junk. If you bought the A boards from eBay I'd be filing a PayPal claim for the one listed as tested and working. If you are not able to do that for whatever reason then start by checking for bent pins o…

• CPS-3 Custom METAL Case

xodaraP - - TR Fight Stick by Hursit

My understanding is the 50 pin connector is still accessible with the case on, but it also has posts to hold the SCSI2SD internally. So either is possible but the SCSI2SD allows you to have everything together inside the case.

• My understanding is most of the people who paid are well out of the 60 day refund period I'm sure brizzo will come through, from what I understand he's dealing with real life stuff right now and it's keeping him away.

• It gets a bit more weird than that. The horizontal bars appear exactly the same on both of my 1 slot boards, but not on my 2 slot. As long as I can play it I'm happy, but I'm still interested to know what's causing it.

• I'm going to use my Galuda board and change out the EPROM for Ketsui to see if it works

• Sadly too familiar Interested to see if you have the same burnt smell on your PROG board that I do. I think we may have faulty PCBs

• Taking the new avatar for a spin, thanks @djsheep ! arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…8083d670dd7944be647c4c391

• I have an MVS cart giving me random blue lines through the screen. They look like text boxes and appear in places they shouldn't, with no text. I have desoldered all C ROMs and S1 and the blue bars are still appearing. So it is not the fix layer and is being generated by P1 or by the motherboard itself. Has anyone come across a similar issue? Same thing happens on 3 motherboards (1F, 1FZ and a 2, so it is not a motherboard fault) CRC checks out ok in UniBIOS ROM has also been confirmed working i…

• I'm thinking it's a repro/bootleg. It's a totally different much lighter colour compared to the other SSV boards

• CPS III black screen

xodaraP - - Capcom's CPS-III

No. You need to add 3 additional SIMMS to the motherboard itself. You are not able to revive the cartridge to play the original New Generations game only. You have to upgrade it so it can play everything.

• CPS III black screen

That is very high. Too much voltage will cause damage. Bring it down closer to 5.00v

• CPS III black screen

No. As you have found the board boots without a cart in it to a garbage screen. The main CPU for CPS3 is in the cart, if it's suicided it will not boot. Nothing else matters, no jumpers, no motherboard settings, no motherboard battery, no missing or damaged CD. If you do not get a game or error message on boot and your motherboard isn't completely dead, your cart has suicided. Also, your voltage sounds very high. What is your 5v reading?

• My PROG board is all socketed and all socketed components have been replaced, so it is one of the passives causing the issue. I'm going to replace all of them and test as I go to see where the fault is. Given the smell, I'm leaning heavily towards a failure on one of the electrolytics, which is surprising given they're Rubycon but it's the only thing I can think of at this stage. I'll get replacements of everything and start replacing. A power issue would certainly explain both the fault and the…

• Right so I have more information I replaced both PALs and tried burning a different PAL file. This didn't help. I pulled out my PROG board and it has a clear burnt smell. Something or multiple things has/have died. Not sure what because everything looks fine. It now doesn't even give me a copyright screen and throws a CPU error on the self test screen. I don't really want to use another PROG board, I used all high quality components on this one too but I think this board is bad.