Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 127.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Quote from Darksoft: “hten it must be the JVS card. Which one are you using? ” In the Universal Cab there is the original Sega IO Board. And with my supergun I used the Jamma to JVS Rev A and also a Capcom Jamma to JVS. In the cab Isuka crashes consistently when the fighting starts. With the Jamma Stuff it runs 1 sometimes 2 fights and then crashes.

• I just tried my Naomi2 with a 23608b bios (which is AFAIK the last but one export bios for Naomi2). Isuka did run for 2 fights and then it crashed. Black screen. So it has to be something other than bios revision Id guess.

• Quote from Darksoft: “Yes, that's what I said, the problem is a timing issue. Different games take different time to boot and in some cases you enter an interrupt race. So all games work well for you except GG Isuka, right? ” Yep, everything else I tested works. (Aside from the stuff that needs special IO boards or complain about screen alignment) Quote from MetalliC: “it also might be any kind of "undefined behavior" type of issue. for example, when game code may read some non-initialized RAM a…

• Then the only explanation that remains is the bios revision. You using B and me using C. Seems to be the only game where this makes a difference. Transfergame.exe results in a crash after a few minutes of gameplay on both of my Naomi2. In any case thanks a lot for all your work!

• Quote from Darksoft: “@DenTarr my BIOS in Naomi2 is a 23608B. ” So thats the same export bios just one revision older. Do you have the latest one (23608c) to test if it only works with older bios? Also do you use CF card or Transfergame.exe with zerokey or the piforce tools?

• Quote from Darksoft: “Quote from DenTarr: “I am puzzled this thing works with some of you.... ” It works for most people,so it's the opposite. Quote from DenTarr: “Well I tried JAP and Export Bios ” Is there only 1 JAP or Export BIOS for Naomi 2? I'm sure there is more. I'll let you know which one I used when testing the games. Actually most of the games I converted using a Naomi2. ” Hmm.. thats what I am curious about. If its really only with my systems. And why? Pretty much every other AW conv…

• Quote from nem: “Could be related to the JVS IO you're using? ” In the cab I have the standard Sega JVS wiring with control board. Outside with the Supergun I used the Capcom one. The JVS to Jamma. And it doesnt work with both. Just takes longer to crash when with the Capcom board. I tried it on a second Naomi2 with a 256MB Dimm on 3.17 and its exactly the same. So not related to a quirk in the Dimmboard ore Naomi2. So different Naomi2, different Dimm boards, different IO boards, different metho…

• Quote from Darksoft: “It's all related to the timing (time it takes between power up and running the game). Try with a different Naomi BIOS and let us know how it goes. ” Well I tried JAP and Export Bios and I tried regionfree at various settings all with the same result. Inside Cab it crashes at the start of the fight and hooked to my TV/capcom board/supergun it runs for a few fights but it crashes eventually. I tried Fist of the Northstar and MS6 for several hours now and KOF for over an hour …

• Okay, did some more testing now. Tried regionfree, Jap and Export bios all with the same crash at start of the fight. Now I took it out of my cab and hooked it up to tv for testing and strangely now Isuka runs. Well it still crashes after about 15 or 20 minutes but it runs a lot longer than in my cab. Only difference is I used TransferGame.exe instead of piforce...

• Okay, I tried a Naomi 2 with the 23608C BIOS in and I have exactly the same problem. As soon as the Arena is loaded and the fight is supposed to start it crashes and hangs. Did anybody here get GG Isuka actually playing? Not just booting up?

• Thanks @all for the info. That is rather interesting. I tested Metal Slug, Kov7Spirits, Dolphin, and I think a KOF for an extended time and they worked. Except Isuka. Which is a pity because its a great game. Loosing regionfree bios would be a bummer, though. What I read is that AW games are a problem if you boot two of them after each other. Something with confusing/corrupting Eeprom because of ID mismatch or some such... But I always avoided that, booting a Naomi game in between.

• First of all a huge Thank You to all involved in this AW to Naomi conversions and releases. Tested them over the holidays with some good results. Except GG Isuka. That one boots fine and all. You can start, select characters. But when the fight starts it freezes up. Can someone test/confirm? My Setup: Naomi2 with regionfree bios (set to JAP) in an Universal Cab. DIMM 4.02. Booting with Pi and Piforce. The Naomi side of things works pretty much 100%. Im mainly just curious if its something on my …

• Quote from Mitsurugi-w: “Yep. You can skip the intro and game select and boot directly into slot 1 after the slots load on boot. If you only load a game in slot 1 then booting is just a few seconds. ” Directly booting slot 1 is nothing new. That option was added like months ago, right?

• Quote from Mitsurugi-w: “No. Thst will need a FW fix. The same protection is on those as Fatal Fury 2. Most likely we will add patched versions of those games until we get to fixing it in FW. ” Always good to see updates! But is there a changelog or something? What exactly has changed?

• Games with Issues

DenTarr - - Neo-Geo MVS and AES

Quote from Yagamisan: “I think i know how to reproduce the crash with WH1, you need to finish the game without losing a credit (because if you lose a credit, you'll not have the credit roll), the game should crash at the credit roll right after the first fight (Hanzo vs Fuuma) I tried 3 time and it always crashed at the same moment. If someone else could try to confirm ” "This Error is waaaay beyond my skill level"

• Quote from Darksoft: “Quote from jepjepjep: “Just wanted to report that I've been using the new firmware/menu and playing MVS a lot over the past few days. I haven't run into any bugs or issues yet! I have a general question though. When should one delete the BUFF file on the SD card? Is it necessary to do this when changing region and/or console/aes mode within unibios? ” I've got a lot of feedback like yours from many other users. Looks like we are on the final version. Fingers crossed. Deleti…

• Quote from brentradio: “ And I also don't see the need to go to the 3 Slot list while the guy walks out. I can just pick the game I want by using the joystick/start button combo left/right. While you are in a game, there are only two other options to pick from any way. ” Makes perfect sense if you disabled the ingame buttons. Depending on how you set up your cart different options make different amounts of sense. Thats how it is when you have flexible hardware.

• Quote from JAG555: “Hello, Newbie here! I recently received by MultiCart, but have only just got round to setting it up and I am having some issues....... I get the green screen, then it says something like ‘checking file system’ then it says something like ‘restoring to defaults’ and then just a blank screen. To be honest, I am not sure the files are all correct in my microSD. They are: Games/menu Update/menu In games I have the game files from the rollup pack and menu files from the download (…

• Quote from legolas119: “Quote from Darksoft: “Quote from legolas119: “2) Is it possible to visualize only the original games list plus the new games like Iron Clad and Crossed sword 2, without the bootleg, the multiple version AES and MVS and so on? ” The menu will only show the games that are in the microSD. You can make your own microSD with the games that YOU want to show up. ” perfect. But my games list isn't changed from the last update from SmokeMonster (Feb 2018): but with previous firmwa…

• Updated the cart and did some tests: Update itself went without any issues. All games I tried worked without a hitch. Used Unibios 3.3. Tested KOF98, MS1-5, Blazing Star and some others. Menu works well and finally we have the option to get rid of the in game Button Combos! *Fireworks going off in the distance* Now it plays like a real cart. Put it in my New Astro and there is no way anymore to spot a difference from an original cart. I am a happy camper now. To everyone involved: Well done!