Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Help finding a suitable chassis.

nem - - Monitor Help

Well, I can say that no Japanese chassis will work with that yoke. I don't know about American or European ones.

• wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/Sega_Bl…Guide#Cabinet_I.2FO_board Which jamma harness do you have? If you have the standard one without JVS power connectors, there's unused pins on CN3 which you could use. If you have the extended harness, easiest is probably to grab +5V with a jamma passthrough.

• You have to remember that almost all transformers are isolating. So if a cab needs a step down (like in Europe or Aus) it will also be isolating, even though it probably didn't need to be. I don't know of a single Japanese monitor chassis that specifically calls for an isolating transformer. Also, the step downs Sega put in Euro cabs are crazy. They're 750 / 800 W beasts. You can power three or four cabs with one. If you have one of those around you don't need an Airlink.

• It depends on where you're getting it from. Different cab manufacturers used this stick. If you're buying it straight from Sanwa it will have a 12-pin female Mate 'n Lok connector on it. However, if it came from a Sega cab (Planet Harrier, Monkey Ball, Strike Fighter) it will have AMP UP connectors on it. Anyway, you can just snip the connector off and use whatever you like. Also, remember that for most games you will need to use an analog amp board or the games will not control correctly. Not a…

• Lets talk Taito Type X3

nem - - Taito Type X

Quote from twistedsymphony: “There are quite a few different images of LOV4: ” Oh right, yeah. Mine is LoV IV SP Plan. The hardware is the one you posted before (i5-2400, 2GB x4, GTX 660). If someone gets it to run something, let me know?

• I haven't seen one in a Vewlix, but I have a Groove Coaster (Taito) and a Sound Voltex (Konami) that both have one. I haven't seen a Sega cab with one either, however, I don't have anything post-Linbergh from them. Like I said, I think it's somewhat of a new development. None of the older Japanese cabs (late 80's, 90's, early 00's) have isos.

• Lets talk Taito Type X3

nem - - Taito Type X

Quote from twistedsymphony: “Lord of Vermilion IV ” I have one of these. Has anyone here gotten anything else to run on the thing? I've been bugging Niko about it (sorry), but I think he lacks this exact setup. "Other games" depend on .ini files that are missing from the LoV4 Windows installation, and if you drop a Puzzle & Dragons image on the hard drive, it just black screen.

• Quote from Frank_fjs: “Thanks! Way ahead of ya ” That's actually the old one. There's a newer one with fixed letter width...

• Yeah, that is crazy cool. Well done, frank! (PS. I updated Wrestle War in post 271 Be sure to grab that)

• [ITALY SITUATION COVID-19]

nem - - Forum News

Quote from Aurich: “That man is a moron, no wonder they cut him off. I guess it's a good thing he's retired. ” I'm pretty sure he's not a moron. Unless you're going to pull a doctorate on me, I'm going to say he's way more qualified than you or I ever will be. The problem is unless you choose your words very carefully, what you will only create is fear, uncertainty and doubt. Just a few posts up you have somebody telling the whole world he has guns at his home to ward off looters. I don't know, …

• Quote from thegreathopper: “I am still not sure what this huge transformer does in the back, no spare tappings just seems to be a 100-100 v transformer.” Most likely it's just that, ie. it's isolating. I don't have a Noir (yet), but quite a few newish Japanese cabs seem to come with them these days. I have cabs from Namco, Taito and Konami that all have them.

• Quote from mR_CaESaR: “do you have this as a soft copy that you might be able to share? ” Have you seen this? wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/File:Tekken_6_Operation_Manual.pdf It has a schematic for a Noir.

nem - - Forum News

Quote from waiwainl: “I am working from home now, which is way more intense than in the office. Additionally juggling kids at the same time, can’t go anywhere with them. Can say this is a more stressful period than ever before. ” Well, I mean when we get infected. Most of us will be staying at home. I have no kids. My stepbrother has a bunch and he bitches that he can't work done with them being around. I think you guys will appreciate day care / school more when the situation inevitably returns…

nem - - Forum News

I'm happy to play along, but I kind of side with the blown out of proportion crowd. The media are basically throwing gasoline on the fire, because it results in clicks and viewer numbers. There was an interview here locally with a retired virologist. He pretty much said the commotion and fuss was absurd. He likened the virus to the common cold. It's absolutely contagious, and for the elderly and anyone who's immune system is a compromised, it is a risk. Just like the common cold. And like the co…

• Wells D9400 w/ Outrun 2 not working

nem - - Monitor Help

Sounds like a sync issue. Is the wiring OK? Have you tried a different monitor?

• Capcom Q-Sound amp help?

nem - - General Arcade Tech Help

Quote from bartre: “I goofed up. I was recapping my sound amp out of my big blue and dropped it before I could solder a few caps in. the popped out and i'm unsure of what goes into three spots - C19, C18, and C43. Anyone able to help me out here? ” C18 & C19, 2.2uF 50V C43, 47uF 16V

• I don't think there's anything wrong with your game. Both the slight pause when your ship gets destroyed and the long boot sequence are normal. Cave collectors are fanatics, so that's why sellers mention something like a cap having been replaced. You got a great game for a great price. Congrats.

• Quote from twistedsymphony: “Any idea if there's a similar option for the 32Mbit V-ROMs? (since they need to work in 8-bit mode so 27c322s wont work) ” See here: neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.…75&viewfull=1#post4088175

• Quote from twistedsymphony: “likely couldn't replace the C-ROM on this anyway since it's 64Mbit... unless someone knows of any 64Mbit DIP-42 EPROM modules available? ” There's this: neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.…(8MB)-flash-adapter-board

• The shill bidding is pretty obvious, yes. yugen2plus is Beep shop. It's weird, because they have a nice reputation otherwise.