Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 320.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Button layout help

winteriscoming - - Capcom's CPS2

Quote from xodaraP: “Also keep in mind that some of the CPS2 games (Darkstalkers comes to mind but I think XvSF also has the same issue) do not function properly if button 4/5 are connected on the JAMMA edge and the kick harness. ” In these cases is it an either/or situation where the game/s accept an input from either JAMMA or the kick harness for 4 and 5? If I make a 7 button layout with JAMMA 4 as button 7, are there cases that still need JAMMA 5 that don't allow it on the kick harness?

• Button layout help

Quote from twistedsymphony: “I mean really it depends what your goals are. Personally If I was "restoring" a dynamo cab I'd keep it original, 6-button with a straight layout of concave buttons and bat-top sticks, because that's how they were supposed to be. If I was building a cab as my primary cab to play on every day, then I'd build it however it'd be most comfortable to play. but honestly if this were my goal I wouldn't be building a dynamo cab at all. ” I just want the cab to play games. It'…

• Button layout help

I may go for it. Did I get p1 and 2 differences correct in this one? I was trying to follow the Sega ones from here (also the place where @twistedsymphony linked earlier): slagcoin.com/joystick/layout.html arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…ad3fc2a8d3382bfa5e9a7c258

• Button layout help

If I used that layout, and had 1 and 2 the same, it takes up a bit less room for 7 buttons. Looks kind of ugly, though. arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…ad3fc2a8d3382bfa5e9a7c258

• Button layout help

Quote from twistedsymphony: “as a side note... I used to like the nice neatly arranged button look of USA cabs, but after spending time playing on the more ergonomic JP cab button layouts I can't bring myself to go back: slagcoin.com/joystick/layout/sega2_l.pn ” Is the joystick still straight up and down in that configuration or rotated slightly?

• Button layout help

Man, I wish I had looked into this before making my modifications. I accurately mapped out my dynamo control panel and cnc cut the acrylic overlay and underlying support board for recessed joysticks. The only thing I had to manually do was clear out metal that blocked buttons (thus the metal splinters). It looks like I have room for a 7th button per player, but I'll either have to manually cut the holes or remake the cnc cut parts. And it's all going to look off-center. Maybe I'll make that butt…

• Button layout help

Thanks! I'm clearly not well versed in Capcom fighters, because I forgot the entire bottom row was kick buttons... That's a bummer about inconsistent button 4. Does that come into play in the CPS2 library? I've had the multi for a while, but no good cab for playing. I'm just now to the point of converting a dynamo control panel to 6 button, and I'd hate to add a 7th at this point (my hands have gotten so many metal splinters the past couple of days). Any risk of wiring button 4 to JAMMA and kick…

• Button layout help

I'm wiring my JAMMA cab up for CPS2 with 6 buttons per player, and I can't find a good reference for button layout for the 6 buttons. Is it this? 1 2 3 4 5 6 Or this? 1 3 5 2 4 6 Or something else? Given that it's called a "kick" harness, I was thinking the buttons from the extra header would be the 2 kick buttons for SF, which leads me to believe the layout is the 2nd one I posted. Maybe I haven't searched hard enough, but all button layout results I'm finding on Google seem geared towards MAME…

• Quote from Hydreigon: “Idk if the emulator is complete and/or if there is a guide to using the emulator. @winteriscoming? ” Everything I've shared publicly is in my thread and I'll continue keeping it updated when I have anything to share. The RPi-based emulator with GUI is still a work-in-progress and is not available publicly.

• There are scripts on this forum for doing the same thing for free.

• It's unlikely that the multi is the problem. The card reader works on my multi setup. I'm not sure what else to suggest other than sniffing the serial communication to confirm that the game is sending communication. This could help rule out a hardware issue on the Lindbergh's serial port. If it is sending, then it's possible it's not receiving.

• How are your Lindbergh DIP switches set? I have a vague memory of having issues with serial connection for the card reader until I set the DIP switches as they were in the ID4 manual. OFF, OFF, OFF, ON, ON, ON, OFF, ON It's possible one or more switch affects serial communication.

• Quote from Darksoft: “Yes, in 2 months time a new batch will be ready. ” Maybe my wallet with be ready for the next round.

• Are there plans for another MVS multi run? Any ETA?

• JVS Emulator

winteriscoming - - Project Showcase

There are a couple of modes for OR2SP in the Lindbergh. I believe for a single wheel FFB, it's supposed to be set to standard mode rather than deluxe, which may be the default.

• "CAPCOM" EPROM Labels?

A Silouette Portrait or similar device could cut the shape easily enough. I see there is adhesive printable foil available, but that's not quite right. Perhaps some other adhesive paper layered on top the printable foil could make for a convincing reproduction, or a light mist of white paint on the adhesive foil?

• The CPS2 was scrolling vertically on the monitor in my MVS cab. How about I adjust vertical hold? I now have a stable image in that cab, so I can at least play the games that require 4 or less buttons now.

• I feel dumb, but one of the wires for flashing had no continuity to the crimped-on pin... I clipped that off and re-crimped, and I'm in business loading encrypted roms now! So in all of this, I'm honestly not sure what got the kit to a point where it was booting decrypted roms. I did apparently have the video sync issue the entire time, but I'm pretty sure no games were booting during initial tests. Perhaps enough removals and re-installations of the kit resulted in good contact all around. Any…

• I'm sure I won't notice a difference between decrypted and encrypted roms, so in the end it won't be that big of a deal to me.

• It was an unused, sealed box multi with a packing slip from Paradise Arcade of 2/22/2018. Even if it wasn't needed, I did update the firmware with a file from darksoft's sticky thread about keywriting. I assume the firmware is up to date because the resetting is working with the updated wiring config and the LCD displays that it's writing key files. The rollup pack I have has key files. So I'm not sure what else to check other than wiring and making sure I didn't bridge anything nearby.