Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 858.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Quote from ekorz: “Quote from xtrasmiley: “Nicely done. I'm going to follow your lead here on my Haunted Castle PCB. It's OK on the circles front, but the damn game is too hard and sort of sucks. I'll start with the caps then then move to the RAM... ” Honestly if the game is too hard I think just swapping out the CPU for a slower one helps a lot. Sort of makes it “dumber” you know? Might want to do that first. ” Yeah, I'll desolder the CPU and swap it with the one in my TurboDuo, since that Cast…

• Nicely done. I'm going to follow your lead here on my Haunted Castle PCB. It's OK on the circles front, but the damn game is too hard and sort of sucks. I'll start with the caps then then move to the RAM...

• Quote from drfunk2k: “Quote from xtrasmiley: “Quote from bktrunks: “How about a USB option and swap out the sigma? Those undammed DB15 to USB are so hard to get a hold of, be awesome to have them built in, just a thought! Excited for mine! ” Yes, I would guess that 95% of your customers here in the US and Europe would only use the NG or USB, no one has Sigma sticks, and if they do, they probably have the Sigman SG! ” To tell the truth 95% of sales are in China. He does really well just inside hi…

• Quote from bktrunks: “How about a USB option and swap out the sigma? Those undammed DB15 to USB are so hard to get a hold of, be awesome to have them built in, just a thought! Excited for mine! ” Yes, I would guess that 95% of your customers here in the US and Europe would only use the NG or USB, no one has Sigma sticks, and if they do, they probably have the Sigman SG!

• Ok, so am I crazy or is that too fast for you too? I need to double check mine now, I think it’s even faster.

• Quote from xtrasmiley: “Wuly Buly. Level one (far left) is you stomping roaches, using A, B, C buttons. Seems to work normal. 3rd game, far right, is clicking the correct button based on what is in the box at the top, but mine is far too fast to play. ” As you guys are getting these, do you mind checking this one game so I can pin down if my mobo is bad or if the ROM of the game is acting up? Mahalo!

• Wuly Buly. Level one (far left) is you stomping roaches, using A, B, C buttons. Seems to work normal. 3rd game, far right, is clicking the correct button based on what is in the box at the top, but mine is far too fast to play.

• Does your one game play too fast on the 2nd and 3rd levels?

• Quote from Frank_fjs: “Screw temps on cheap irons. Do it by feel, touch solder wire to the tip and observe how it responds. Not melting well, increase temp. Melting too much and not adhering, lower temp. Don't overthink things or think there's a magical universal number. ” Got it, put iron on finger, feel it out. Unless you mean another, more precious tip. Nah, I'll stick to the finger! Thanks Frank! OK, joking aside. Man, I bought the solder everyone recommends and it melts pretty fast and on a…

• Quote from Derick2k: “I set mine around 350-400C. ” Hmm, maybe since these caps were so tiny it was easier. OK, I'll practice on something easy, like maybe a TurboDuo re-cap, then hit this up!

• Quote from brizzo: “That chip itself may be faulty, but reflowing the solder is good place to start. I solder pretty much everything at 750F/400C myself, but not every iron is accurate at temp. With flux it only takes a second to reflow a joint. Best to practice on a junk piece of electronics before something you care about. youtube.com/watch?v=5uiroWBkdFY -- watch the whole thing, but the part at 2:20 is the technique you need. Any 1.5 to 2mm tip is fine, you don't really need a bevel tip like …

• Small one to the left of your bottom chip and below right of your left chip. It's clearly working fine if I give it a tiny amount of pressure. EDIT: Also, get that battery out ASAP man!

• Quote from brizzo: “Yay they are arriving! Boo you have an issue! The graphics glitches are caused by faulty video sdram on your board. Top Blade uses a different section of video ram than the other games. I definitely made sure to program and test every cart before sending them out. Slot 5/6/7 are empty, but Slot 8 should have Urachacha ” Yes, like my first system (that I'm actually still looking for) this one also had a leaky battery, but not as bad. It has scratch sound. Is this RAM near the …

• OK, it has ARRIVED! It is awesome, it is beautiful, it is not fully working! The best game, 1. Crystal of Kings, works well (at least 10 seconds of stage 1) 2. Top Blade, graphic problems see pics 3. Evolution Soccer, works great 10 seconds of play anyway 4. Wuly Buly, works great 10 seconds of play anyway 5.-8. Black screen Any ideas @brizzo? Also, I love the PCB design with the silk screening. If you ever do another batch however, might I suggest flipping it so it is right side up when inserte…

• Sounds easy guys!

• Thanks @nem (and everyone else). I think you're right about it, but since I already shot the video, here you go: youtube.com/watch?v=OVWaw493RFg I think it seems to work fine. Maybe one day I'll get good enough at it to go through the whole game and verify it all works! The price was random luck and just me being stupid. I don't like to buy potentially faulty games if I can avoid it!

• Quote from buffi: “ Here is a recording of my playing through it (PCB), that you can compare to your own stuff. youtube.com/watch?v=xvNvVEqdghE ” Yeah, there is something definitely wrong here, on your recording the red ship never gets hit by the purple bullets. On my PCB it happens every 10-20 seconds! All jokes aside, first you're awesome, second, the slowdown happens for me when I get hit, there is a slight pause as the ship comes apart. Other than that, it seems to function normally. I'll tr…

• Quote from nem: “The shill bidding is pretty obvious, yes. yugen2plus is Beep shop. It's weird, because they have a nice reputation otherwise. ” That's interesting b/c they know their stuff on PCBs as well. A repair where they break something they don't fix seems odd. Maybe @Derick2k is right and it's just a way to avoid returns. Quote from buffi: “Regarding slowdown, Ibara definitely has a decent amount of slowdown on PCB. Here is a recording of my playing through it (PCB), that you can compare…

• Quote from Derick2k: “Looks like it says all capacitors and battery were replaced. And that it boots up slightly slower than normal. etc...the junk part is just there as a disclaimer. basically saying the while it works they consider it junk so you cant file a claim to return it etc.. Did you get it from yugen2plus? I suspect this account has shill bidding going on. ” Yes that's the seller, but I only paid 67500 yen plus tax/shipping, so I feel it was an OK price. I was trying to get an Ibara fo…

• So I got this relatively inexpensive Ibara. The issue is, the seller claimed cap replacement but something broken afterwards: ケイブ/CAVE 鋳薔薇 IBARA イバラ 電解コンデンサ全交換/電池交換済 動作確認済 ジャンク 1円~ ・起動時間が若干遅いです。また、自機撃墜時の処理が少し重いためジャンク品として出品致します。 Google translate is letting me down on this one. 1. Did he replace all the caps or just one? 2. What the hell is the junk part? GT tells me start up time is slow and I think, when you get blown up there is slow down. So, I guess I have never played this game before, when …