Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 57.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Black Metal All-In-One’s

idc - - Capcom's CPS2

Quote from nem: “Quote from BlinG: “Yes they still have a suicide battery and in order to change it you have to have the board powered on. ” Wait, what? The all-in-one doesn't have a cap for the battery? ” Nope, removing the battery without the board connected to a power source at the JAMMA edge results in instant, CPS3-style death. Fortunately, the security keys can be reloaded using the six-pin connector, like with rev. 7 plastic cased B-boards. The issue I’ve seen with the black metal case bo…

• I removed it and as it turns out, it’s actually a Wei-Ya 3129D chassis. It looks a lot like the Rodotron 666, so it’s probably just as shit as one too! Anyway, Grant has fixed it! Here’s the list of what he did: - Replaced bad flyback transformer, big bulge on the side of it - A load of caps replaced in the power supply and vertical deflection section - Vertical deflection IC replaced - Vertical size resistor replaced He turned it around swiftly - he received it on Monday, fixed it on Tuesday, s…

• Quote from PascalP: “Grantspain does not work on Rodotron/Wei-ya chassis as far as I know ” He does. I’m going to remove it when I get a moment and he’s going to have a look at it. Thanks all for your comments.

• Thanks for the reply, @bagheera369. Indeed, I literally only tried it once again with a 31KHz source over JVS to rule out an issue with the JAMMA loom, and again with 15KHz source in order to take the 15 seconds of video. Last time I spoke to Craig at Giz10p, he was no longer repairing monitors. I believe Grant (grantspain over on AO) at error24.co.uk may be able to sort it for me, so I’ll likely hit him up for some further help and advice.

• Hi all, I’m hoping someone can help me out! I’m having issues with my Sanwa 29E31S with its tri-sync chassis, which I believe to be a Rodotron 666a. I had an outstanding previous issue with the vertical height with 15KHz sources being too tall, but it was otherwise working until today. I was running Mars Matrix on the cab, when picture suddenly flickered for a split second, then went black. The relay on the chassis began to tick, about once a second. Now that’s all it does, completely blank scre…

• Why not remove the battery, and keep the PCB safe? Replace it with one of Mitsurugi-w’s repros running SuperBIOS. If anyone ever figures out how to reload the keys, you can resurrect your original. Not sure if anyone’s looking at it, mind you. I’d kind of hoped Eduardo Cruz would want the CPS1/CPS2/CPS3 hat-trick, but he’s always super busy with other things.

• InfiniKey-CPS2

idc - - Temple of the Undamned

Nice one, lads.

• InfiniKey-CPS2

Quote from undamned: “Quote from redsupra: “Hello! I've just recently acquired a 19xx and was looking to install an infinikey but when I looked for the gamecode in the list, 19XE isn't an option. ... Is this version of 19xx supported by the infinikey or is this going to be one that I have to maintain the battery for? ” Hey, sounds like you found a new one! Yeah, like xodaraP said, we have some dudes that can get it submitted to mame. @idc, could you generate a key from these files?-ud ” In all l…

• Quote from DarkSoft2: “e-peen contest. Or whatever the fuck that idiot @idc said....something about poking a Hornets nest. Fool, I'll poke any nest, any time, any where. I think the term is, google who fuck you are talking shit to before you do it. ” Well that was rather disrespectful when I did nothing but try and treat him with respect... For the record, I wasn't necessarily saying he was the bad guy in all of this with my "don't poke the hornets' nest" comment, I was simply suggesting that he…

• InfiniKey-CPS2

Quote from undamned: “Quote from Max_Power: “I did an install. Removed battery, and did an install on Street Fighter Zero 3. It was working fine but now I am getting solid color. I will try to clean up and recheck. ” A photo would answer a lot of questions.-ud ” A photo of the board, of course. A selfie might also answer a lot of questions - just different questions! What revision of B-board is it?

• A Freeware Taito TypeX2 Multigame.

idc - - Taito Type X

The difference with NESiCA on TX2, I guess, is that the bootleg games could more readily used in a commercial environment than a standard PC could. But then, if it's impossible to legitimately buy and use those games outside of Japan, and if TAITO are indeed giving up on the platform, then maybe it will soon be time...

• InfiniKey-CPS2

Quote from undamned: “Just remove. It's not hard. Just get a blob of solder moving back and forth across the header. -ud ” Indeed. I guess an all 0xFF key in the device would have helped in this scenario, but I guess it's too late for that! Regardless, resoldering the jumpers on the InfiniKey-CPS2 isn't all that different to removing it.

• InfiniKey-CPS2

Guys, undamned was gauging interest. Projects like this involve a lot of estimation, especially since the price depends heavily on the quantity produced, which itself is proprtional to the interest. If you're no longer interested, then say so politely. Find another solution, or come up with your own for less. Don't whine and bitch about the price. Nobody is forcing you to buy anything.

• CPS2 A-Board Volume

idc - - General Arcade Tech Help

Necrobump. digikey.com/product-detail/en/…104-R/283-2812-ND/1556240 KR-5R5V104-R is the vertical version of the supercap that BlinG used, which should fit nicely without modification.

• InfiniKey-CPS2

I have at least 35 CPS2 boards. wtf do I do?

• Lads, can I join in on this one please?

• Quote from zumbito: “A friend just send me this. Not sure legit. https://archive.org/details/Capcom_CPS3_ISO_CD_Images I find three jojo ISOs, cap-jjk-2.iso cap-jjk000.iso cap-jjm-0.iso How do I know which one is the right one? I Just noticed in the top right corner of the game cartridge it says JJK98c00F ” I believe they're legit. You need either cap-jjk000.iso or cap-jjk-2.iso. You could also use cap-jjk-3.iso, which I've uploaded here: avalaunch.net/cps3/original/jojo_990128-idc.rar cap-jjk00…

• You cannot use the Multi BIOS CD images with regular carts. I'll post the stock game images and the tools to write them to SD cards shortly.

• NesicaXLive Preservation

idc - - Taito Type X

Quote from Niko: “Bump for preservation. ” Thread pinned.

• Quote from Geddon: “Oh, last question. Can any SIMM be placed in that 5th slot for shits n giggles? I’m assuming nothing addresses it so it could be whatever, but I’ve learned to stop assuming anything in this crazy ass hobby. ” I guess it might be a good place to keep a spare, or something. That's about it.