Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 239.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Quote from Apocalypse: “He's been talking a lot of shit in the dumping union group. He might be talented it's not a reason to be so full of yourself and act like an asshole. ” lolwat ? Haze is not a member of Dumping Union, and if I not mistaken - never was. no idea how he was able to talking there...

• Quote from stj: “be interesting if you ever find a diagram, ” hm... see segaretro.org/images/9/99/ClubKartPrize_NAOMI2_UK_Manual.pdf or attached

• Quote from Zebra: “and tilt it forward to aim up and down ” no, you can not do this - there is no such feature. Quote from Zebra: “I know of no other with 4 axis on one stick ” read game service manual, where is detailed drawing of gun - you'll see there is only 3 (three) potentiometers. you may also look at game service mode I/O test - there is only 3 gun axis: pitch (move forward-backward), roll (move left-right), yaw (rotate left-right). no 4th axis, at all, and out of curiosity - what makes …

• Quote from Zebra: “It allows you to walk backwards while side-stepping without tilting the gun. You could walk back and left while aiming up and right. ” and that's exactly how works controls in mentioned earlier older games Gunsurvivor2 uses basically same rotary-stick thing, but analogue and have UZI toy put on top of stick.

• btw, here is one more "similar looking" Sega's I/O board arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…3614fffc6f7e510e17065a831 this is photo sensor PCB from "World Club Champion Football" games series, not JVS too.

• Quote from bobbydilley: “Surely this is a JVS I/O - it's got the USB B connector on it? ” 837-14633 - yes, it is JVS I/O with additional SH-4 CPU for some unknown purpose. 837-14438 at your photo - no, it is SH4-based dedicated hopper controller, it connected to NAOMI 1 CRX or Naomi2 SH4's serial port (CN8), not JVS. they looks a bit similar, but if you'll look at them more precisely you'll notice it is different devices.

• @bobbydilley not exactly similar PCB, it is not JVS I/O, but dedicated hopper contol board. Quote from bobbydilley: “Does anyone have any ideas what the SD card / EEPROM might be for? ” I'd guess PCB was designed as kind of general purpose universal I/O controller, so it have bells and whistles which might be useful for various applications.

• Quote from Zebra: “It's the only arcade gun I have ever seen with that design ” its not really unique, basically it is same rotary-stick as was used in number of 198x shooters (Midnight Resistance, Ikari Warriors, Jackal, etc) but, this time it is an analogue stick.

• Quote from jassin000: “The DMCA says you cannot defeat protections regardless ” I'd guess it was more about using cracked games / software ? you don't need to crack or modify anything it this case. funny thing is, in the case of GD-ROMs dumping, GD-drive will still check disc's protection ring and let you access it (play or dump no matter) only if security check passed OK (e.g. if it is legit retail GD-ROM disc, not self-written GD-R)

• perhaps it was the question about 100% legal way of making GDI backups and playing games ? obviously, it is not any problem to find TOSEC Dreamcast set, anyone can get it in a few clicks for example from archive.org

• Quote from ZTylerDurden: “Is it really as straightforward as this process? ” yes it is. if the question was about GD-ROMs dumping (retail games) - step 3 is not needed. that manual is more for GD-Rs (prototype games) dumping, and not really easy because it is quite hard to find required official "System Disc 2" and they are quite expensive.

• Decathlete decrypted

MetalliC - - Sega ST-V

Quote from MickyMac: “I wonder has there been any progress on getting Decathlete working ” nobody has been working on this => no progress

• @spiderzsoft in theory possible "anything 2 anything", it is "just" a matter of will and invested time by some skilled enough (group of) people.

• it also might be any kind of "undefined behavior" type of issue. for example, when game code may read some non-initialized RAM area, and read values will be hardware-specific (depends on RAM ICs model, vendor etc). or anything else similar to this. also, are you sure all the hardware components is in good and working condition ? especially PSU

• nice, but... -ob option is not needed. moreover, it have no any effect if extracting to GDI format.

• @Dreygor short answer: there is no sense longer version: these conversions suffers from significant slowdowns here and there, afaik that's the only problem. it is unknown why this happen and I have no ideas why. ofc, you may poke Darksoft, he in it's turn as usual will poke me, and it will ends with nothing (read above - no ideas about the cause of problem = unknown what should be fixed)

• Quote from xtrasmiley: “Jeez man, $40k of your own money?!!? ” no surprise. here is one of similar examples - recently was acquired two last missing TGP CPU firmwares from Sega Model 1 games - Virtua Fighter and Star Wars. so, all Model1 games now emulated, no HLE-simulation anymore. https://github.com/mamedev/mame/commit/bdc90e3a8f1f9a68eb72d8e0a22dfdd206855d77 as you may read in this commit discussion - it took more than year of work to "extract" firmware data from die shots, check for mistake…

• Quote from Hammy: “and a real atomiswave fan would be enjoying a new game for his driving setup. 3 year ago. ” enjoy how ? you can not play original dumps on Atomiswave. original AW dumps are totally useless in term of practical use. the only possible way to play teh games for free - convert it to NAOMI and use CF or Net boot.

• Quote from Darksoft: “do we know who released those fake images? ” depends on definition of term "released". original leak was from Joerg, to one annoying person which is banned here, who spread games to wide public.

• Quote from nem: “The problem is from looking outside in, it just looks like you have your own boys club and you don't really want to share anything anything. ” you should know - almost all of mentioned games not owned by Shou or Brizzo. these game's owners not altruistic, games was borrowed from owners for dumping (or dumped by owners using equipment developed and sent by us) at certain conditions: - developing for each of them full set of unreleased games on reproduction cartridges. and it shou…