Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 45.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Quote from digitron: “Tim, is there a sound amp on the PGM? Sound quality in my Astro is pretty bad (playing DDP conversion), replaced the speakers and I'm pondering if somehow wiring an amp inline would improve the sound any? ty ” Yeah, arcade boards have an amp. Do you have a supergun or anything else to test the board with? It may need a recap.

• Does your supergun have a sync cleaner? (Not the same as a sync stripper.) I had a Samsung consumer CRT that wouldn't work with the PGM.

• P(imped)GM

Neo-Alec - - IGS PGM/PGM2/etc. support

Quote from djsheep: “Quote from Neo-Alec: “There is a stereo mod. The ICS2115 has output pins for left and right channels. There just aren't any games known to use it. Which makes sense since all mobos released are wired for jamma mono. ” If there are no known games that use it, what is the point? ” Yeah, exactly. My board isn't modded. I guess if you're going to send it to two speakers, it would be kind of cool just knowing you're getting the individual channels off the chip sent to each speake…

• P(imped)GM

There is a stereo mod. The ICS2115 has output pins for left and right channels. There just aren't any games known to use it. Which makes sense since all mobos released are wired for jamma mono.

• Yep, I agree checking the EPROMs is the next step I was going to suggest. I would've done that before replacing the caps.

• It's just the way Neo Geo's are. There's a sync mod involving changing the crystal. It's not worth the trouble.

• I wasn't being serious.

• Basement Brothers is now following you. Pretty sure if you have Instagram you're required to have Twitter too. By the way, they are both helping destroy humanity.

• Quote from 6t8k: “Quote from 6t8k: “do we know if the freeze happens on your ROM PCBs? ” I asked @ekorz if he could check and he kindly did so He could indeed play through the first WL loop just fine! Here's a short video of the ending sequence he recorded: click Could there be a relatively easy way to circumvent the bug on Knights of Valor conversions, maybe even without further modification of the ROM file? ” That's awesome news! Now I really should rewrite mine with the dual boot rom and play…

• Recapping Woes

I need to get some more desoldering tip sizes for the Aoyue. My wife pointed out we only have one or two sizes so far. Worked great for desoldering Neo Geo mask roms and the NES PPU, but not recapping.

• Recapping Woes

I need to get some new regular flux. My wife threw away what was left of the old one.

• I replaced my battery around 2010. It's about time I do the coin cell mod.

• Recapping Woes

We added no-clean liquid flux and more solder. Ended up heating on one side with the regular iron while gently pulling on the other when the desoldering station didn't work. We have a practice PCB we always use to make sure the desoldering station is working before working on any real PCB's. I don't know how some of you do it without someone else to help. I had the Duo open at the time when the smell began. I could not locate any leak or damage on the board. Perhaps I simply failed to clean the …

• Recapping Woes

Everyone and their mom, including people who have never touched a soldering iron in their life will tell you how important recapping our retro machines is. I have been amateur soldering since 2005, and now own a decent quality Weller soldering station and Aoyue desoldering station, however, due to a lack of patience, neatness and steady hands, I'm never going to be great at soldering. That's why my wife has learned to help me with desoldering and the finer detailed stuff. Anyway, getting to the …

• You really need to test the PGM with an official game before filing a claim on these carts. Dragon World II is pretty cheap (and a pretty fun little Shanhai clone): rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpr…Fulk%2Fitm%2F173303552357

• Yeah, clear the SRAM. DOJ screws up the saved settings for everything.

• Yeah, clean the edges. Preferably with Deoxit D5. Clean the PGM board too. Reseat any socketed roms. Make sure there are no loose wires. Post photos of the boards here if still having problems. Do other games work with the PGM? Where did you buy the carts?

• That's interesting. I've never heard of some of the versions being hacks. Anyone else know anything about this? Makes me want to double check the version numbers on my carts.

• Yeah, Sengoku 3 feels unfinished and the enemy damage is wrong. There's a part where enemies enter from a boat, but you never board the boat. There is so little variety to the scenery. The enemy variety in The Gladiator is not great... Sorry for the video quality. It's from before I had a Framemeister or understood interlacing. youtu.be/o6tGwDq8Yb8

• I wish the other Brawlers on the PGM were up to the quality level of The Gladiator. It just feels newer, with better animation and more combos. It's closer to Sengoku 3, which is a minimum level for early 2000's brawlers.