Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Vewlix F Restoration

jassin000 - - Project Showcase

the nicotine residue was the worst part, only the 409 loosen it, and I had to do small sections and spray often. IF the 409 dried so did the yellow/brown scummy film.

• Vewlix F Restoration

Results of cleaning... TZ70cvq.jpg I used the power washer, a scrub brush and Formula 409 on the body. I did this outside on the sidewalk yesterday (it was really hot and sunny so it dried very fast. Just to be "sure" I hand wiped it down with shop towels and IPA. The plastic parts I removed from the metal frames... Power washed the frames then hand washed the plastic in the bathtub with normal Dawn dish soap and a soft sponge. Just like with the body I hand wiped with IPA after The stainless fe…

• Quote from KingSopz: “thanks @jassin000 for trying ” Don't downplay my skills bro... You've gotta tell @Frank_fjs that you've witnessed butane torch desolder this first hand (not just once but twice)! Oh oh don't forget the "heat shield" trick too (cuz dat mofuker b blaze'n hot).

• Vewlix F Restoration

Quote from ABTmRw: “Does anyone have suggestions for cleaning/restoring the metal body of the Vewlix? ” I've stripped my body down to the frame, I'm going to power wash it. qqGDQq9.jpg I'll let you know how it turns out.

• Only two reasons to put a 4k 32" monitor into a VLX cab: - You are building the ultimate MAME/PC cab - You are putting a PS4 Pro into a cab If you aren't doing one (or both of the above) its a waste (yes even for OSSC users). QHD is perfect for all other applications, 1600x1200 for OSSC and 1920x1080 for everything else.

• Going all-in with this VLX "upgrade" project, stripped her back to a bare frame this morning. Vacuumed all the loose dust-bunnies and solid grime/debris out. qqGDQq9.jpg Going to clean the body with some Formula 409 and a pressure washer! Ordered two new fans, I wanted a closer match to the original size/shape so I selected the Wathai 120mm x120 x 38mm 12V 2Pin (industrial/highflow). 610JDrp4x9L._AC_SL1001_.jpg Decided to skip new speakers for now, the price was right but I can't justify it when…

• Quote from Derick2k: “Are there any Freesync 4K alternatives? Also, OSSC PRO that does 4K ” You know me and how I love 4K (this 55" LG OLED is so awesome and has been for years now)... But when it comes to 32" I dare say QHD (and not UHD) is the sweet spot. Our current/beloved OSSC dose just fine with 5x (1600x1200) so you would need an OSSC Pro to even enjoy that now. Maybe don't go crazy and upgrade all your VLX cabs at once, after all monitor tech changes yearly. Right now this is a damn good…

• Received My LG 32KG650F-B monitor earlier than expected! This monitor only has Display Port and HDMI input options. I'm using rev 1.5 (DVI) of the OSSC with a DVI-2-HDMI converter (1.6 should work the same via HDMI). Initially I attempted to use a DVI-2-Display Port converter, this displayed nothing/black screen. Gamer setting to reduce lag as much as possible, freesync always enabled. Initial (easy Sync) Test: - OSSC 1600x1200 5x full 4:3 - System16 Multi video source (near 60.0Hz) LpyLVW6.jpg …

• Quote from Derick2k: “If you are gutting the cab, I would like to buy the Weiya JVS psu in there if it has one ” Someone gutting a VLX? What parts are available? We are always interested!

• Home Arcade System

jassin000 - - RGB's lab

Good to know, strange Capcom didn't unify input standards even among their own games on the same generation of hardware.

• Home Arcade System

jassin000 - - RGB's lab

Quote from Frank_fjs: “Best bet though is to disable it via the supergun if possible. ” Agreed (even tho the bug is contained within the CPS2 and I've always been taught to address problems at the root level). You know... IF we had a smartiepants 68k assembly guy, he could find the offset and patch this bug out of the game once and for all. I guess the side effect then is we would be using decrypted/null key (I like my ROMs OG/key'd).

• Home Arcade System

jassin000 - - RGB's lab

I'm sure no one is going to want to do this... But far as I'm aware for games that use a 4th button on CPS2 its always input via the kick harness. So, you in theory COULD cut the trace to CPS2's JAMMA edge pin for button 4 without causing harm to the system.

• Quote from Geddon: “I recently bought around 13 wall mounts on ebay for about $17 shipped a piece ” This is a custom piece designed by a hobbyist, I think Chris's time is worth something and I'm willing to pay him for it. Remember without him we would have nothing right now! Sure I've been bitching about a proper mounting solution since 2015, but notice how I haven't done shit about it aside from bitch? I've been waiting (5 years) for someone like him to come along and do what I could only compl…

• Quote from Kaede: “Damn,you could get a whole Vewlix cab with that money and still get some change back ” Well including shipping no, my L-AMI was an even 2k$ delivered to my door, almost tho (a difference of about 200$).

• Quote from Kaede: “The bracket is pricy ” You think that's pricy? @Derick2k and I have ordered LCDs direct from Taito... wfxQKLF.jpg 195,400 is BEFORE fees, conversion, blah blah.

• Quote from Kaede: “Someone should make a list/thread of recommended monitors ” Yes they should! I'm on target for Wens the 20th, with this monitor. I won't be able to speak to mounting it (yet) only how it performs with the OSSC/Switch/PC etc. I was the same in that I wanted top of the line 4k IPS gaming, hot damn I'm not made of cash tho... And for a 32"?! I want what they are smoking.

• Home Arcade System

jassin000 - - RGB's lab

Quote from hidaniel: “I'll try not to make that mistake again. ” No bro don't misunderstand me, I don't mind helping out at all/you are among friends here. I was more trying to make the point that we are the only resource we have (no one else cares about this stuff).

• Home Arcade System

jassin000 - - RGB's lab

Quote from hidaniel: “Is it only freesync LCDs that are easy to match refresh rates on or would a gsync monitor work equally as well? ” IDK, buy one and tell us. This "feature" (display syncs 40~75Hz) is never advertised/promoted as a selling point (even tho to us it totally IS). I just dropped 421$ on a new LCD, and while I'm pretty sure its going to work with the OSSC IDk for sure. SbDwpjr.png This is how we get information about what works and what won't, someone has to buy it and test it (no…

• Home Arcade System

jassin000 - - RGB's lab

Quote from xtrasmiley: “Can't wait for the OSSC Pro to pair with the awesome HAS for perfect modern output. ” You and be both bro, OSSC Pro is going to rock if Marcus can implement everything he has planned.

• Home Arcade System

jassin000 - - RGB's lab

MVS, CPS1/2/3, these all work on virtually ANY LCD+OSSC because they are so damn close to 60.0Hz. Try to play Capcom/Mitchel, M72, Bubble Bobble, Captain America, anything from fucking Midway... Nope (not without a very accepting freesync LCD).