Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Home Arcade System

jassin000 - - RGB's lab

Quote from rewrite: “What are the life expectancies of your typical LCD/CRT, and professional grade LCD/CRT's? ” My understanding is its not about total hours on the monitor so much as hours of viewing per day... From a simple Google search: Consumer TVs are designed to operate for the few hours a day someone is home, relaxing in front of TV shows, movies, or video games. Commercial televisions, by contrast, are specifically engineered to continuously operate between 16 and 24 hours per day, and…

• Home Arcade System

jassin000 - - RGB's lab

Quote from darhgo: “I'm not ever going to replace the monitor in the cab unless is breaks but eventually ” WHEN it breaks, not unless... And yea, I'll see ya in about 5 years or less. Remember if your machine is used it came from an arcade floor where it was on basically 365. Yes the LCD is a little more durable than your basic LCD TV, but they still aren't rated for anywhere near the life expediency of a CRT. First the colors/contrast will wash out, then the brightness contrast will go... Befor…

• Home Arcade System

jassin000 - - RGB's lab

Quote from darhgo: “I'll make sure to get a freesync the next time I'm looking for a display. ” Don't forget QHD, the OSSC at its highest 5x supports 1600x1200. This of course will also work on a UHD/4K but its over kill if this is all you want supported. If all you have is a HD/1920x1080/1080p 5x mode is cropped and looks like shit (better to use 4x in that case). Quote from Derick2k: “we all know Courtney had Kurt murdered ” Really? I mean wasn't he rumored to have written more than half of he…

• Home Arcade System

jassin000 - - RGB's lab

Quote from hoagtech: “Kurt Cobain was murdered. Cobains Dad publicly stated it. The forensic pathologist says that suicide was an “impossible scenario” ” Oh really? I had not heard this angle at all... I need to go do some reading.

• Home Arcade System

jassin000 - - RGB's lab

Quote from hoagtech: “He’s the Cobain of comedy and what a tragedy.. ” More than a little off topic here, but Cobain was a suicide and Hartman was murdered by his wife. So yea, they both left us too soon... However one was a junkie that couldn't handle the pressures of life/fame/drugs and one was shot dead in his own home by someone he loved. Quote from darhgo: “have you found any solution for the screen tearing/stutter on Data East PCBs via the OSSC? Is that just monitor dependent? ” Monitor de…

• Home Arcade System

jassin000 - - RGB's lab

Quote from And One: “I prefer my games looking just like they did back in the day ” News Radio (1998) Bill: "It's like my father used to say, when I was a child I thought as a ... as a child, but when I became a man I took that child out back and had him shot." newsradio-phil-hartman.jpg

• Home Arcade System

jassin000 - - RGB's lab

Quote from digitron: “you definitely don't need it for the MiSTer ” NEED no... But I'm the kind of guy who would never purchase a Mister. That being said I might still like to casually play around with one (as I do indulge in emulation from time to time). If my OSSC supported FPGA simulation, I'd have no reason not to give it a try. Seems possible, we are going to need some power FPGA onboard to pull off some of the real time effects planned (screen rotation in software).

• Home Arcade System

jassin000 - - RGB's lab

I NEED that OSSC Pro man! Its going to be so so SO HOT. I even hear rumors it could support Mister like FPGA simulation directly? WOW, that is going to be huge if true!

• Home Arcade System

jassin000 - - RGB's lab

Quote from rewrite: “I mean, really it's about the monitor you're using ” Right and IF that monitor will play nicely with whatever sync the arcade PCB is pushing out. The stock Taito monitors don't really... Prob the best one is the IPS Alpha, or the one found inside the latest Diamond Black's (I don't personally own one). I found them to be really picky in general, also strange in that they will accept interlaced signals like a TV (where as PC monitors only want progressives). As I mentioned I'…

• Home Arcade System

jassin000 - - RGB's lab

Quote from hoagtech: “@jassin000 I was hoping you could elaborate on the OSSC Compatibility on the different viewlix models since you have a bunch of them. And I'm curious which ones your fave? ” Oh, in that case... Its not about the OSSC, its the arcade PCB you are using. Take my Vewlix Diamond for example, the IPS Alpha LCD in it will accept syncs ranging from about 58.0Hz ~ 61.0Hz. 8ZpqTr6.jpg That covers a good amount of original arcade PCBs, but not all! Also The Diamond refuses to accept a…

• Home Arcade System

jassin000 - - RGB's lab

Quote from RayceARoni: “Given it's capabilities and price point, I'd say that RetroTink is a fantastic product. ” Fantastic product for working with low quality outputs... I'm sorry but anyone (I don't care who or for what reason) using composite/s-video today should just purchase a mini console. Stop trying to pretend original hardware thru a trash lens is some how better than near cycle perfect emulation. They both suck to someone like me, and you are splitting hairs at that point between whic…

• Home Arcade System

jassin000 - - RGB's lab

Quote from hoagtech: “Maybe @jassin000 could clarify ” I could, but you already nailed it... Retrotink is isn't for RGBs, so its trash! 36c4ce_eaef33ec2f7c47529ec172c9dbf84a03~mv2.webp S-video/composite in 2020?! *rolls eyes* plz GTFO...

• The trick with spray paint is to hang the object you are painting. So you can cover/hit all sides evenly/at once. If you are using a rattle can shake it often to break up any large paint blobs. When you spray angle the can back slightly so only the lightest/finest particles of paint hit the object. Before the paint runs it starts to look really shinny on the surface, if you see that STOP. Take a break to let it dry and come back to it again later.

• Vewlix F Restoration

jassin000 - - Project Showcase

the nicotine residue was the worst part, only the 409 loosen it, and I had to do small sections and spray often. IF the 409 dried so did the yellow/brown scummy film.

• Vewlix F Restoration

Results of cleaning... TZ70cvq.jpg I used the power washer, a scrub brush and Formula 409 on the body. I did this outside on the sidewalk yesterday (it was really hot and sunny so it dried very fast. Just to be "sure" I hand wiped it down with shop towels and IPA. The plastic parts I removed from the metal frames... Power washed the frames then hand washed the plastic in the bathtub with normal Dawn dish soap and a soft sponge. Just like with the body I hand wiped with IPA after The stainless fe…

• Quote from KingSopz: “thanks @jassin000 for trying ” Don't downplay my skills bro... You've gotta tell @Frank_fjs that you've witnessed butane torch desolder this first hand (not just once but twice)! Oh oh don't forget the "heat shield" trick too (cuz dat mofuker b blaze'n hot).

• Vewlix F Restoration

Quote from ABTmRw: “Does anyone have suggestions for cleaning/restoring the metal body of the Vewlix? ” I've stripped my body down to the frame, I'm going to power wash it. qqGDQq9.jpg I'll let you know how it turns out.

• Only two reasons to put a 4k 32" monitor into a VLX cab: - You are building the ultimate MAME/PC cab - You are putting a PS4 Pro into a cab If you aren't doing one (or both of the above) its a waste (yes even for OSSC users). QHD is perfect for all other applications, 1600x1200 for OSSC and 1920x1080 for everything else.

• Going all-in with this VLX "upgrade" project, stripped her back to a bare frame this morning. Vacuumed all the loose dust-bunnies and solid grime/debris out. qqGDQq9.jpg Going to clean the body with some Formula 409 and a pressure washer! Ordered two new fans, I wanted a closer match to the original size/shape so I selected the Wathai 120mm x120 x 38mm 12V 2Pin (industrial/highflow). 610JDrp4x9L._AC_SL1001_.jpg Decided to skip new speakers for now, the price was right but I can't justify it when…

• Quote from Derick2k: “Are there any Freesync 4K alternatives? Also, OSSC PRO that does 4K ” You know me and how I love 4K (this 55" LG OLED is so awesome and has been for years now)... But when it comes to 32" I dare say QHD (and not UHD) is the sweet spot. Our current/beloved OSSC dose just fine with 5x (1600x1200) so you would need an OSSC Pro to even enjoy that now. Maybe don't go crazy and upgrade all your VLX cabs at once, after all monitor tech changes yearly. Right now this is a damn good…