Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 201.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• youtu.be/N-MuRKmgkfs It's odd to me that Bubble Symphony and Memories are both on the F3 platform, yet Memories rarely gets talked about. Such an awesome game too

• You make a point. A Konami subsection would be useful

• This is NOT how you ship a Hikaru

awbacon1 - - Sega Hikaru

Quote from portholio: “I picked up a used gaming laptop a few years back that I had wanted since it was new but couldn't justify the price. The guy sent it to me in an oversized box with no packaging at all except for a towel. What is even crazier is it arrived on my doorstep without any damage, not even so much as a pressure mark on the screen. (which is surprising given the weight of the ac brick) Its as if the mail carrier magically teleported it there. To this day I don't understand how it h…

• I have 15 more of the unported arcade games coming. 5 more edited and uploaded and ten more with the captures sitting on my drive. I edit them in between teaching and client work. Then again it’s not like there is any client work left due this whole pandemic shenanigan crap Lolol

• Quote from xtrasmiley: “Good video man, but a few thoughts: 1. The "bootleg" Atomiswave games are actually conversions done by one company in China on a mass scale. 2. They did this once, years ago, and have been sold out for at least two years (unless another run was recently done). So you can't get them unless on the secondary market. Yes, even the dang "bootlegs" are rare now. 3. Unless you are taking a NOS kit, DB sells for around $400-$500, not $1k (again, unless you saw a NOS full kit sell…

• youtu.be/jMZuC-POc48 Metal Slug + Dolphins + a Dreamcast in a shiny red case = one of the best unported games around. Plus Dolphins!

• But did you program the eeprom? M2 has the sameish chips, and they will reprogram themselves If you hold down test on boot. But maybe Violent Storm won’t reprogram itself. Try holding down test on boot. It works for M2. Less than zero idea if it’ll do anything here but considering it’s Konami maybe the thought process remains the same

• youtu.be/y7xLsNMbYe0 granted I used a broken NES cart in the example, but I wasn’t about to sever a trace on an expensive mobo or cart based arcade game as an example lol but maybe this’ll help some people. I had to fix a board recently with a broken trace, and I figured why not talk about it. Seems like a “difficult” repair that’s actually one of the easiest things to do!

• I’d work back from the JAMMA edge for video out with a multimeter and see if it’s carrying signal all the way properly. If you’ve already done all that work there aren’t many chips left on the board lol. I’m always impressed that’s basically a “we jammed everything on a single chip” pcb.

• Image flip circuit

awbacon1 - - General Arcade Tech Help

Quote from faithful: “Quote from awbacon1: “Tricky problem. Hopefully eventually the upscalers start including full image rotation options. Like to the degree. Many a times I’d like to play a vertical shmup on my 4K Oled but my Framemeister does not allow for this. Even if you aren’t upscaling, using it between the board and PVM would allow for these options. Short of that yeah the yolk would be a good option ” The problem with an upscaler is that the output is digital only. I cannot connect it …

• Image flip circuit

awbacon1 - - General Arcade Tech Help

Tricky problem. Hopefully eventually the upscalers start including full image rotation options. Like to the degree. Many a times I’d like to play a vertical shmup on my 4K Oled but my Framemeister does not allow for this. Even if you aren’t upscaling, using it between the board and PVM would allow for these options. Short of that yeah the yolk would be a good option

• youtu.be/FW8HLjWuHSo one day I’ll find a reasonably priced light”gun” (more like a light Anubis head staff lol) for this and be able to play it at home on my PVM. Stupid things go for a fortune untested though short of that...I am V into The Maze of the Kings

• youtu.be/vJeHzi_JKLs for $30 on Amazon I couldn’t help buy pick one up. For modding purposes lol stage 1 - confirm you can inline wire a stick to the control panel pcb. Done. I thought I’d have to lift the signal to cross the pot threshold but luckily just by picking the right pinout I was able to funny control the system with a Sanwa stick. Stage 2 - wire in buttons. Tested but not shot stage 3 - build the pcb’s from the Mini into a custom enclosure with full arcade stick / buttons. Not even su…

• I couldn't resist the siren call of the $30 Neo Geo Mini lol. Even if I have an AES with a ton of games and multiple other play options. I just wanted to take it apart and see what could be done. My initial plan was to harvest the "innards" and put them in a custom enclosure arcade stick w/ power, HDMI, and P2 ports out the back. Sadly the HDMI out, even w/ image optimization off, is pretty subpar. But as a proof of concept / to make a video, I inline wired up a Sanwa stick and some Seimitsu but…

• youtu.be/ZSSKJSII1rY if only my Hikaru hadn’t gotten destroyed in shipping I could have captured from an actual board

• youtu.be/HgsdSLSHCXA one day I’ll own a pcb for this. One day...

• This is NOT how you ship a Hikaru

awbacon1 - - Sega Hikaru

Quote from Segasonicfan: “I see this stuff more and more these days. I miss early 00s ebay, back when all the sellers were die hard collectors and everything was always packed great! And USPS actually had a working phone number I Bought a MIB SMS launch system once. Me: "Please pack it well with lots of bubble wrap" Seller: 'Don't worry, Im going to ship it in the original box' Me: :O !!! ” In the last few years there seem to be a ton of sellers doing it for pure income, and not because they are…

• also recommend HxD. Their hex comparison tool is the best out of all the free hex editors I've tried. Fast and efficient

• Coulda just donated it to me it’s a hard game to get good at. I’ve been playing more but winning a race is still a rare occurrence

• youtu.be/0IAAYO7tKLE Sega...why do you deny us simple pleasures like home ports of Scud Race? Are you allergic to making money or do you just dislike making people happy