Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 357.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Got a new zero key from mitsu and played around with my old netdimm for a while. Still seems flaky, but the zero key works. I used transfergame.exe to test. I like how that gives you a status as it loads. so my other zero key was definitely bad. I still have an issue where a game will sometimes load a bit then fail. Then I just have to try again. What usually works is if I go to test and clear backup data, see if I can ping the netdimm and if I can try from there. Sometimes I can’t seem to ping …

• Home Arcade System

Geddon - - RGB's lab

Quote from rewrite: “Quote from Derick2k: “Anyhow, lets just say she didnt do it just like OJ didnt ” Hey man, that glove didn't fit. ” Have you read the book OJ wrote? “if I did it” It’s pretty good.

• ST-V Stereo Audio PCB

Geddon - - Sega ST-V

I’ll take one when the next batch is ready.

• Who is ZPaul2Fresh8?

Geddon - - Introduce Yourself!

I’m dumb. Welcome and I’m looking forward to updating my boards.

• Vewlix F Restoration

Geddon - - Project Showcase

Hmm. I thought just the monitor fans were 24v. Yours had 24v fans as the exhaust fans on the back? Mine were two 60mm 12v. I’ve heard other cabs have 120mm 12v.

• I have 2 blasts, both currently set to 15hz, but I will eventually pull the monitor in one and try to get 31hz working on one of them. the downside is apparently you can't easily set it for both 15hz and 31hz at the same time. Other than that I think they are great cabs if you want a CRT cab. If you want higher res and ease of getting a new monitor down the road then a vewlix starts to make more sense. Hooking up modern stuff will be a lot easier on a flatscreen cab, but can be done with any cab…

• Vewlix F Restoration

Geddon - - Project Showcase

I also have an F and I'll be curious what speakers you go with. Oh and are you planning to replace the fans? mine had two 60mm in the back that were stupid loud. I replaced with noctua ones and it is quiet enough now where I don't think about it.

• Quote from Derick2k: “ Now if only Marqs would work on a making the OSSC Prok 4K 9X ready. I want throw in a 4K monitor in the vewlix to run newer 4K, next gen consoles/titles in there, cause why the hell not, 4K 32" freesync monitors are going down in price and they are getting better. ” I guess you sit pretty close to it but 4K on a 32” won’t be a huge difference. 4K really shines with big ass screens. I really haven’t been motivated to go to 4K in my house. I have a 43” 4K but from how far I …

• Quote from Kaede: “I would assume the fans are no longer needed when you put the new monitor in? ” probably not but i would still put something there to at least quietly blow air out of the cabinet.

• Man feels good when naomi shit works. Got another netdimm from Japan. Switched the jumpers to NetBoot, tossed on my naomi 2 and ran triforcetools with the keep alive section and it works great. Still waiting on a new zero key so as of now this is the only way I can boot games that need it.

• Quote from Stupid Dufus: “Quote from Geddon: “here is a question if anyone knows. Is the only way to get 3p/4p for powerstone 2 through the Capcom I/o? Or can I get to those controls through the jvs i/o? ” You know, I haven't tried yet, but I think so? There's a little switch you can toggle in the Capcom I/O between 6-button and 3/4-player that you'd definitely need to switch. ” I know for sure Capcom I/o will do it. I’m just wondering if that is required. If there is a way to do it through jvs …

• Alright. Shoved more shit in the case! Got a little extron vga splitter so when I want to run Tate and horizontal at the same time I can. It wanted 12v so I pulled that off the sun psu, works great. The splitter cost $7 shipped. I’m sure it is better than some splitter cable doing the same thing and probably cheaper. Also shoved my little netgear switch in the 3.5” bay cause why not. When I NetBoot shit I get nice blinky lights on the front so I know shit is happening. The network switch wants 7…

• Home Arcade System

Geddon - - RGB's lab

I haven’t tried, and I’m not using a has, but I’m assuming this b4 issue wouldn’t be a problem for me because I wire up my sticks to send b4 jamma on a different button than kick harness b4. It seemed to make more sense to me to have 4 in a row (guess not really in a row but my fingers sit there naturally) for neo geo and then also have the 3+3 for sf layout. This means in lots of games I have 2 buttons that do the same thing, but I’ve found I don’t even think about it. Colored buttons go to jam…

• No doubt. We are paying for the work done to fabricate something very specialized that does not exist here. I was just saying cheap universal mounts are pretty good these days.

• Quote from Derick2k: “I remember those , bought 4 of them. So yeah, these brackets are a fair price. I compare them to buying TV mounts, the quality ones will cost in the range $100-200, sure you can buy that $30 one from monoprice and it will work, but like they say you get what you pay for. Also, if you dont want to pay, you can always hack together your own mount. @Hadouken Arcade already did the work for me, its a tested solution, with iterations and refinements, how much you think thats wor…

• yeah now i always try to ping first and if that fails I do a hard reset and then I will usually be able to ping it. I know my cables and connections are ok because they work sometimes and I don't change that. I have been having better luck with the windows 7 laptop and following what the spreadsheet says when trying to boot new games, but occasionally i do need to try twice to get something to boot. I'm just happy I can usually get stuff working now.

• I thought of more stuff to shove in the case. First a little vga split box so I can do what I’m doing in the above post running vertical and horizontal at the same time because why not? Also I am planning to put Dreamcast controller ports available since a decent number of games support it. I have some of mitsu’s maple adapters which I’ll probably use for this and make my own harness back to the naomi maple connectors. I want this thing to be the ultimate Naomi box. Ordered a wheel that is easy …

• tried from my old 32 bit windows 7 laptop and it booted a game first try, running through the network switch. not sure if lucky or maybe it will be more consistent from this laptop vs my windows 10 laptop. i'll report back after trying multiple games. edit: ok, I think I'm getting the hang of this. In the spreadsheet it has a column for dimm reset and I'm assuming yes means you can send another game while that game is running, in test means go to test then send another game, no means reset the n…

• fun. after being off around 20 minutes tried again and I could ping it. tried to load a game and it transferred for a while, then failed, host closed connection. I have it connected to my laptop through a little 10/100 network switch. that is nice when it works since I get the blinking lights. Tried crossover cable instead. didn't load as long and failed. So this thing is just finicky as all hell. Total crapshoot if it will boot a game. I have a naomi 2 I can try and see if it does any better.

• whelp that didn't last long. i booted karous. first try didn't work. typed the same thing 2nd try worked. then turned the naomi off and back on and it did memory checking then waiting for network and now I can't ping the netdimm. checked the network settings everything was fine. i did the data reset in the test mode, that didn't wipe the IP settings. reset naomi again, checking network, can't ping it. I changed nothing with the hardware or connections and now I cannot figure out how to even ping…