Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• PCB Repair

Apocalypse - - General Arcade Tech Help

Quote from TheDeath: “Get a copy of "ON SEMICONDUCTOR TTL data book". ” Funny you say that, a couple of days ago I was doing some spring cleaning in my stuff and found those old books (TTL, RAM, etc.) I haven't used for years cause it's all in my head now. What a waste! I could use that memory space to learn a Shakespeare's play and impress people instead. Because truth is nobody cares you know what output to expect on that specific gate according to its inputs.

• Quote from twistedsymphony: “it's a JAMMA pass-through in additional to that small ~8 pin harness with blue wires (CON1) that plugs into the side of the mobo ” That's the important part for me now. I imagine it would be connected to the data bus and few other vital signals. Can you probe it please?

• First I need to understand how it connects to the motherboard. Can't simply seat on the JAMMA.

• Quote from twistedsymphony: “ If you need any pictures or or probing of anything specific, or if you'd like to just borrow my PCB let me know. ” I would be worried of breaking it.

• Quote from twistedsymphony: “There's a good pic of it in the mvs scans link I posted above, though it has a sticker on it. I can get a pic of mine later tonight to see if the chip number is readable. ” Thanks, our messages crossed. [EDIT] EPM7128 chip seems undumped but I think could be replaced for the trackball part by something like the µPD4701 plus a LS273 for data latching. You'd lose the outputs control of course.

• Quote from twistedsymphony: “Correct. I have a whole setup minus the original trackball. I'd be willing to loan you the IO board if you want to repo it. it handles not just the trackball but also the IO for the lamps, stobes, and air valve. There is also a secondary Relay PCB for the strobes/air valve. IIRC it uses an ASIC, has that been dumped? ” Could you please take a close up of that chip?

• Irritating Maze requires a specific BIOS and an additional I/O board on the JAMMA edge to function properly. IIRC it originally used a MV-1B slot. I thought about reproducing the I/O board but never found one.

• 837-7968 pcb

Apocalypse - - Sega System 16/18/24/32

Quote from saturn: “I finally found a pcb 837-7968. Thanks. ” Cool. Meanwhile I'm printing few PCBs.

• Quote from rewrite: “I can think of at least one good potential reason! ” I know… I know... I had a look some time ago, did I post the romset list compatibility with the multi?

• Quote from ThisGuy: “Payment sent for mine. I am very excited for this. Thank you @Apocalypse for this and all the work you do. It is very much appreciated ” Thanks for the kind words but don't forget our dear @Mitsurugi-w!

• PCB Repair

Quote from alfa75: “The website is from me ” So now I'm confused. Were you working with a repairer who quit? Or do you subcontract the repairs?

• PCB Repair

Quote from djsheep: “ 3. Before asking how to repair, it's worth searching the forum, google and other places for repair logs related to the board you're working on. Here's a few places to start you off reading: jammarcade.net/pcb-repair-logs/ wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/Category:Repair_Logs mikesarcade.com/arcade/repairs/ newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?action=forum#5 aussiearcade.com/forum/arcade/…-and-monitor-repair-logs/ ” So gutted not to have made it to your list…

• PCB Repair

Quote from xodaraP: “Crackdown can be converted into S24 multi but as far as I'm aware there's no way to restore the original functionality. ” Yes there is now: you can restore the keys in the FD1094 module. The main issue here is for most games, once you've paid for shipping back and forth plus parts plus labour it costs you more than a new fully working board. And I'm not even talking about bootlegs.

• It saves high scores IIRC. I believe if a blank one is inserted it's automatically "formatted" upon next boot.

• No, 27C64 isn't rewritable, it's an UVPROM. [EDIT] I meant you can't rewrite it in situ as expected for a 28C64. The 27C64 has to be UV erased first.

• @nio it took a while but: arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…postID=215754&#post215754

• Quote from aoiddr: “Which pin on the connector would you need to run a wire from to get a 4th button hooked up to play a game like Bullet? ” I believe it's been mentioned here before. IIRC it's pins 10/M (P1/P2).

• Hi all, I've been finally hit by the failure of that custom module. It's used on many Sega boards (X board, Y board, Systems C/C2/18/24/32) to increase palette. Since I don't have the tools to decap one I simply pulled a good one and studied it on the bench. It's rather simple (mainly latches and resistors to form a DAC). Only thing I'm not 100% sure of are resistors exact values. I set my PSU to +5.00V and measured voltage before and after the final amplification stage transistors then deducted…

• Quote from totologic: “You are right, only MVS with native DB15 ports (ex: MV1F) can support the multitap as the JAMMA doesn't implement the needed OUT pins. ” I guess the missing signals still exist and can be tapped somewhere.

• Quote from Hammy: “Nice what's the other rom board? ” Dunno. But definitely can't be plugged under the motherboard I have since it's lacking the 5 big connectors.