Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 70.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Quote from nem: “Probably due to a different antistatic coating. ” Thanks Nem. I think you are right, and i confirmed they were different tubes (toshiba on right, matsushita on left in the image which illustrates the different tint they have). I finally got round to deep cleaning them and installing Invizm's Jammafiers and Tri-sync Helpers. Net result: - The Jammafier and trisync are amazing and work flawlessly, fixing the voltage issue on the RGB connector. Invizm is also a great guy to do busi…

• Quote from BuddyC: “Just got my new jammafier and tri sync helper from @invzim today. Plug n’ play, but goddamn what a insane improvement in picture clarity! Image is crazy good!! Like @PascalP said.... You won’t regret it! ” Will it also improve my game playing ability? Otherwise with an enhanced picture all that will happen is that i see my woeful skills and on-screen death in greater clarity and focus Before the joy must come the pain and i have discovered just how dirty the inside of these c…

• Hope everyone is safe. To update on this saga: i realised the tri sync helper will not work with the River Service loom alone as it needs 5v on the VGA connector, which the loom does not provide. I am now joining the Jammafier gang and have just ordered the Jammafier from @invizm to pair with the tri sync helper. Or more specifically, two (running multiple cabinets is getting costly)!

• Quote from undamned: “Quote from atiya: “i thought i was the only one that got the message ” Sorry, man. You were one of many. Don't be sad, though. I'm sure there are plenty of other hot spam bots who would love to take your money -ud ” She told me we were going steady (right after the steady bank transfer was established)! Are you saying her compliments about my sparkling personality, devastating good looks, and unparalleled joystick abilities were all lies?! I had not even wowed her with my m…

• Quote from BuddyC: “Quote from Joe: “You are all a bad influence on me. Like the gang my mother warned me not to hang out at school. ” Hihi! I aim to please! In my defense... I have 3 machines. 1 Astro. 1 NNC and a cocktail table. “Just” 2 of the new cabs on it’s way from Japan will be mine to own. Where to I put them? Fuck if I know.... The rest will be owned by a business, but personally I don’t have the room for more than 2 cabs. Putting them in my 3 year olds room would look cool, but my wif…

• You are all a bad influence on me. Like the gang my mother warned me not to hang out at school. Buddy - it does not make me feel better. It draws me further into this wonderful world. I feel like Alice falling down the rabbit hole. The difference being she never had a spouse telling her that the structural integrity of the house of cards was contingent on her cake/arcade machine not being eaten, but thrown out instead. That said, by my rudimentary calculations, you have ten machines. This is a g…

• Quote from BuddyC: “Love it! Everybody needs 1 NNC for hori and 1 NNC for tate ” WLove it! Everybody needs 1 NNC for hori and 1 NNC for tate Quote from BuddyC: “ ” Wait, by my calculations, that is four!! Tate and horizontal for JAMMA and the same for JVS! Nooooooooooo. *now logging back into the auction site*. Next you will be telling me i need 'spares'.

• Noooooooooooo! I blame all of you for what has transpired. I accidentally bought another NNC yesterday! A serious of unfortunate events, their genesis in all of you making me think about different NNC configurations. It has not yet arrived, so perhaps there may be more trouble ahead, but whilst there arcade, love and romance, I'll face it. Before all of that, there is another groveling apology needed to my wife and an explanation as to why her dream piano room is further away than ever before (l…

• Quote from BuddyC: “Make her play with you and you’ll have no issues Got my wife hooked on Mushihimesama. She’s rocking maniac mode like a boss! arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…e95638bd788e09b381aeb5410 ” All wives are bosses! I found that out very soon after marriage looks like that picture captures all your life's loves in one image. I am jealous of how good the screen looks too.

• Quote from Darksoft: “why is so, that arcade almost always falls into the junk category and clothes and shoes goes for her fall into 'things that WE need' ?? ” Imagine a world where Louboutin or Jimmy Choo made arcade machines? It would have resulted in so many more happy marriages. Maybe in a parallel universe. As it stands, this universe is more like the one from The Terminator, women in my life constantly trying to destroy the machines.

• Quote from BuddyC: “I also used to be JAMMA exclusive, but suddenly a lot of JVS stuff started to arrive in the mail... ” Accidentally? It happens. I had to explain that to my wife. A phenomenon akin to any natural unexplained event. Totally outside our control

• Thanks Buddy- those are the kind of words that put ideas in someone's head. ALL the JVS systems you say?... Now there's a thought I am probably more JAMMA inclined, but given i have three cabinets now (NNC, Vewlix and a Galaxy (Japanese third party, designed like a Noir) ), one might be a future candidate for JVS). Thanks

• Quote from PascalP: “I also have the Jammafier + tri sync helper connected on the standard VGA input on the chassis, works great indeed! before that I had my own custom harness with 220ohm resistors and never had to swap the connection on the chassis. so I think the try sync helper is a great idea, or hack your RS harness and add 220ohm resistors inline with the RGB lines for a ‘cheap/quick’ hack ” Quote from BuddyC: “Never needed to swap the connectors since VGA has worked with everything. When…

• Quote from psykom1: “I got a couple today about sucking some dick. Made my day. I clicked on reporting them if that helps any. ” If blocking such spam does not work then i suggest an alternative plan - marry them. I used to get such messages from time to time, but after i married her they stopped entirely and were replaced with ones like "please buy bread from shop" and "more arcade junk has arrived for you")

• Quote from BuddyC: “Quote from invzim: “The tri-sync helper would do what you need - no need to upscale as you already have 15kHz. @BuddyC has first hand experience with same monitor :). irkenlabs.com/jammafier/tri-sync-helper Yup! The tri-sync helper works like a treat! Any ETA for the tri-sync helper and new jammafier @invzim? And yeah. There are different settings for 15k and 31k. Great since I needed to boost some of the colors in 15KHz and not in 31KHz. Awesome monitor for calibration junki…

• Quote from evilsim: “Wow i had no idea my NNC monitor had two different inputs expecting different voltages. My jamma harness and the VGA cable appear to both be connected to the same input on mine, as the colour/saturation etc is identical across both inputs. (I dont notice any over exposure or anything using scalers such as retroscalerA1 either). Luckily I have not had any problems with my Toshiba 29 (except the whole image could to with a 2degree rotation to the right) which has meant I have …

• Quote from invzim: “Quote from Joe: “Quote from nem: “That's dynamic convergence that you want to fix. Basically involves putting strips of magnetically permeable metal underneath the yoke to realign the electron beams shooting out of the neck of the monitor. What do you mean dull? Not as bright? The colors don't pop out? Brightness, contrast, cut offs & gains should fix that. ” Hi Nem/PascalWhen i say dull, it is more that the whites don't seem bright and the picture does not pop. The whole pic…

• I too got the email. I naturally replied, politely declining her offer only on account of the current self-isolation rules. She completely understood but apologized and said it was a terrible misunderstanding caused by a translation error. She has in fact wanted to ask if "i had experienced playing analog shmups without a controller"! Made perfect sense and, after transferring USD 1,000 to help her unlock a funding problem, we were able to have a deep and meaningful debate on arcade input device…

• Quote from nem: “That's dynamic convergence that you want to fix. Basically involves putting strips of magnetically permeable metal underneath the yoke to realign the electron beams shooting out of the neck of the monitor. What do you mean dull? Not as bright? The colors don't pop out? Brightness, contrast, cut offs & gains should fix that. ” Hi Nem/Pascal When i say dull, it is more that the whites don't seem bright and the picture does not pop. The whole picture is muted. If i compare to other…

• Thanks Pascal... I've got into the extended menu and tried tinkering, but to no avail. I might email local arcade providers to see if they have engineers. The trials and tribulations of owning retro equipment!