Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 481.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• The reason for banning him and his perception of why he was banned are two different things. As he has demonstrated he doesn't know right and wrong in social situations. His ban pre-dates any talk about modern systems and was due to his behavior towards other members on AP. He crossed over lines you do not come back from. He was actually given many chances and warnings but considered our requests to behave himself unacceptable censorship.

• From time to time I check in on this "troll" account and it brings a smile to my face. People like this feel they're "winning", but in reality the countless hours and energy wasted to make hundreds of posts spanning the past year talking to the open void of the internet is certainly losing. I disagree with the statement this twitter account hurts the image of this community. The forum has been growing more than ever before in a world where most forums are dying. I've been on the internet long en…

• Dip Switch 1 needs to be in the on position for VGA, maybe that is the problem? Otherwise, there is not much to the Atomiswave pcb. It is possible you may have damaged the pcb taking it apart. It will boot games stripped down and without the fan connected (just no sound).

• Quote from TheDeath: “@brizzo maybe we count on you for this? ” We're in the process of developing a new version of the forum on different software. We can address re-organization and new sections at that time.

• Quote from buffi: “Maybe make a separate thread about it? ” Yes I agree Make a new thread!!

• Server Offline - Resolved

brizzo - - Forum Support & Help

And we're back! Our hosting provider had a minor outage on their infrastructure where the arcade-projects.com server is located. But all is well and resolved now.

• Sega Megaplay Repro's

brizzo - - Project Showcase

If only I knew you were interested in Megaplay, I made some 1:1 layout, enig, blue silkscreen ones a couple years ago in order to get Gunstar Heroes dumped

• Quote from rewrite: “We have a feedback section. You can post negative feedback or a deal potentially going wrong there. Do be prepared though, everyone gets to have an opinion once something's posted there, ha. Feedback Thread! ” This is the correct answer. We don't have many problems with bad sellers here. Quote from rewrite: “It's a much different forum setup. It'd be nice if there was a normal feedback system like KLOV, Shmups, etc have, but that just doesn't exist here. ” This will be chang…

• Quote from djsheep: “Good point re: the use of the information. I wonder what goodies/crap this *could* potentially spawn out of China / aliexpress though ” The verilog code for the iQue asic is designed specifically for use by NEC, along with the VR4300 cpu core files being encrypted. So probably not much, AliExpress does pull certain types of Nintendo infringing items, but obviously not everything. Quote from djsheep: “Also saw that SM64 for PC, apparently it runs really smooth? ” Yeah it is p…

• Please do not post links to the leaked files, discuss of the topic is fine as we can go into more technical detail than the average news story summarizing the leak Definitely a treasure trove of information but rewrite is correct that much of that information can be used. Will be interesting to see some new secrets of the iQue unlocked finally. Some other points of interest include the source code for Pokemon Yellow/Blue and Gold/Silver, along with internal gameboy developer tools including Nint…

• Trust me you will want to re-program the eproms on your board to use the Bubble Bobble REDUX rom set -- Long thread here The bootleg roms that are original to bootleg boards do not play properly at all because the protection kicks in and introduces all kinds of problems to the game play. The REDUX roms attempts to make bootleg boards run as close to the original pcb as possible, with only a few small bugs remaining. It is definitely worth the effort to upgrade your boardset to REDUX.

• Price Check section?

brizzo - - Forum Support & Help

Quote from rewrite: “@brizzo With this forum software can mods make the one thread appear in several different sections? Like can we have a singular Price Check Thread, but it's pinned at the top of each individual BST subsection? ” Not currently, no. But I will spill the beans I'm actively working on a new version of AP and we're switching to XenForo which will allow for many useful features for the community For the time being I think a mega thread (like 'post your recent purchases') might be …

• Quote from twistedsymphony: “I think most people who own an original SC2 are keeping their original kit even if they have the multi, because of the need for the secondary dongle used by SC2 that can't be reproduced yet. ” That is correct we do not have a solution for the secondary memory card required for Conquest Mode. But you can bypass the memory card requirement using the non-conquest images: SC21-DVD0D + SC21 VER A

• HxD is my go to hex editor. It is common for games to use interleaved roms, which means data is combined from 2 or more chips so a simple search may not working. You also have the option to read your existing roms, then verify them using 'mame -romident rom.bin' and it will tell you if its a positive match to an existing rom. If no match is found you know it potentially is bad.

• Wargods CF and Boot Rom

brizzo - - Midway Systems

Well this is super interesting, I wasn't aware that some devices supported or even had "SET MAX ADDRESS/EXT" command which limits the drive capacity. Just some light reading it appears the specific requirement is the SSD supporting the command and not the adapter.

Quote from lukemorse1: “Is this just one of those arcade games where Midway devs wanted to make sure it could never be repaired again once the HDD dies? Lol @brizzo congrats on your Crystal system multi btw ” Crystal hype! thanks Forced obsolescence has been part of product designers for a long, long time. I had previously went down the same path as SummittArcade on configuring a custom DOM, but hes hit the price road block which doesnt make much economic sense. I have another solution in mind b…

Quote from stj: “i just hope it really is protection, and not lazy coding using fixed geometry!! ” It is protected in multiple parts of the code within the boot loader and executable stored in the chd

• Hello from Canada

brizzo - - Introduce Yourself!

Welcome aboard Canadian brother! One of my hands down favorite arcade games, Bubble Bobble

• Quote from plasia: “Soul Calibur 2 memory card? I think we're missing that info atm? @brizzo ” I got my hands on one and spent time trying to reverse engineer it, but somehow the memory card is paired to each unique dongle and writes new pairing data to the memory cardo on every boot...

• Can you guys confirm if you took these screenshots before or after 8:00pm GMT ? (8 hours and 45 minutes prior to this post) The bot account was banned and I scrubbed the conversation messages from the database, but these screenshots would be after that time???