Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 25.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• You're welcome! Let us know if you have any questions

• Thanks! Yeah I miss the garage-cade nights. Hopefully it'll be safe sooner than later to run offline sets again.

• Possibly the final update for this machine. I got everything working, finally! 6e5jd1vl.jpg Got those wheels and footplate installed! KSYpNQSl.jpg The issue that took the longest to solve was getting a clean 240p image out of a windows 10 computer. In a nutshell, I used CRT emu with super resolutions and MAME, along with a J-pac. But I kept getting noise on my video signal. SiUpGoAl.jpg You can see a lot of white spots around Sakura and the dark blue background. It doesn't look that bad from the…

• Gotta make those arcade-related verification questions harder haha. "Type out exactly how to pick Akuma in Super Turbo"

• Taito Canary Restore

BumbleChump - - Project Showcase

Wow, that looks great! I've always wondered though. For plastic cabs, what are your options if something cracks or chips off?

• Great Community!

BumbleChump - - Forum Support & Help

I agree! I only joined a few months ago, and everyone here is so friendly and helpful. No pretentious jerks here (neo geo forums *cough cough*). Thanks for being so cool everyone!

• Yeah check every solder point on your monitor chassis. But moreover, what's going on with those character select sprites? They look so blurry

• Quote from rewrite: “Quote from BumbleChump: “I'd let them know. ” I've notified them of at least a dozen mistakes over the years. Keeps sending out the same kits. Notifying them is pointless. ” Dang. Well I guess it's best to just use official manuals for these things. Here's one in English for the Nanao MS8 29FSG. arcade-museum.com/manuals-vide…/D/Daytona%201%20USA1.pdf "BP" next to the capacitor voltage name means "Bipolar", pg 86. I'm sure everyone here already knows this stuff, but I like t…

• Been trying to figure out why the monitor has been so hard to calibrate. It has a very severe trapezoidal shape, so the bottom half gets cut off. r1YlWGCl.jpg I tried turning the trapezoidal knob on the chassis, but nothing changes. Then I remembered that one of the caps in the cap kit was wrong. There's one bipolar cap on the chassis, but I replaced it with a polarized one. When I checked the board, the pads were lifting a bit due to it getting hot. So I replaced that with the correct capacitor…

• Blind MS8-29

BumbleChump - - Monitor Help

I also have an MS8 29(FSG). There's a short connector that goes from the frame of the chassis to the actual board that I forgot to connect once, which caused no picture. The smaller side of the cable isn't the tightest, so maybe that came loose? It's that red, green, blue cable at the very bottom left of my pic. UHRzIJAl.jpg

• Oh yeah I've seen yours before. It's the most in depth full-clean restoration I've seen on an Astro City. I used your thread as a reference for various parts. Awesome work! I do have a couple questions. Does the monitor frame have a ground wire attached to it? Like one of those green cables that goes all over the cabinet. And do you know what kind of screws the Astro uses for those self-tapping screws? The ones that screw directly into the fiberglass like on the control panel hinge, and the back…

• Thank you! You didn't happen put your restoration online, did you? I'd love to see it.

• Thank you!! I've been enjoying your Aero City restore thread and it makes me want to post more!

• I finished up the control panel awhile back but forgot to post it. Here's a before and after ouchh40.jpg Zagvpm1.jpg I'm really picky when it comes to sticks and buttons. I wanted everything to be sanwa, but I also wanted the exposed metal shaft like the seimitsus sticks it came with. And since bare sanwa shafts are too thin, I opted for clear shaft sleeves to make it feel like a traditional sanwa stick, but also look like it's made of metal. Nst1GEvl.jpg I ended up replacing the 100 yen artwork…

• I figured out what it was. Turned out to be this green part. When I pressed on it, it stopped the squealing. B8gXagkl.jpg I looked at the solder points underneath, and some of them came loose so I reflowed them. QgBBEZml.jpg No more squealing! Also while I was recapping the PSU, I found a burnt transistor, as well as some really badly leaking caps. XzXNtwxl.jpg 9ME9H0Bm.jpg This apparently controls the -5V? It's a 78L05 transistor so I ordered a replacement. I did notice the monitor doesn't shak…

• Ran into a bit of an issue with the monitor, hoping someone can give some tips on this. I was messing with a computer and a jpac to get a picture showing on the MS8 29FSG, and I finally got it working. But I noticed the monitor will start to squeal now. Even if I plug my Neo Geo in, it will start to squeal. I probably did send some incorrect signals to the monitor since I was dumb and forgot to plug in the jpac's usb for power. Here's all the info I could gather about the squealing, as well as a…

• Thank you! And thanks for the gel idea. Good to hear you finally got those levelers.

• Small update: I wanted to get the color back into the marquee, and Aurich mentioned that light gels would work, so I got some on amazon. amazon.com/Neewer-12-Inches-Tr…6814&s=electronics&sr=1-3 2R7lWXYl.jpg Just cut em up with scissors roughly in the shape of the art. It gets really close between the yellow and pink colors though. I also double layered the pink since it was pretty light. RNJSGfKl.jpg For the green bar at the bottom, the gels weren't long enough to cover it with one piece, so I h…

• Quote from hoagtech: “Good luck on your monitor. Your Astro looks awesome. ” Thanks! I have some good news about that, actually. So I finally got all the same parts that the other guy replaced into his MS8 29FSG. I double check and see that my old HOT and Voltage regulator are shorted and that the new ones are good. All capacitors look good, everything is hooked up correctly, turn it on and.....nothing. I hear a small pop so I'm thinking the fuse blew again. Dangit. I pull out the fuse and it lo…

• Quote from Aurich: “I need to source some Astro leg levelers too, just haven't gotten around to it. I'll let you know if I solve that. Ask Alberto if he still has the coin drop surround, I feel like I've gotten some from him in the past. You'll be pleased with the control panel, I have them on all my Astros, just the single player versions. ” That would be great if we could find some Astro City leg levelers, thank you! For the coin surround, I've ordered a plastic and metal one online to see whi…