Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 108.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Very cool idea - would love to be able to clean up the Naomi setup with all the pcb boards, etc. I also have Mitsu's board and would like to see the final product and tutorial at some point. Please provide updates when you complete it.

• What size monitor does your cabinet accommodate? What plans did you find or use?

• Ok - so I think I have come to an important conclusion at this point. A Sega Type II gun setup cannot be used in a cabinet setup for multiple gun games (NetBoot) because there is not a universal harness and each game uses a different gun connection. So even though the gun sense board can be used for any game going back to Jurassic Park and the gun hardware is all backwards compatible - that doesn’t mean different games can be played with that setup without a major hassle and certainly not plug a…

• "If you want to play other games (with just one or two buttons) on real hardware, the Chinese gun would be as plug in n play as the official type 2 pistols (once you added a sensor)" Sorry - to clarify; the Aliexpress gun would be "plug and play" (with the sensor added) and with a JVS I/O setup and Type II gun sense board for Rambo or any other gun game except HOTD 4 and Ghost Squad which require the accelerometer for the kick-back or shaker features? Is that correct? It has the connections for …

• Quote from Zebra: “BTW, for anyone thinking of doing their own Sega Type 2 gun to Mame setup, it's worth checking out the knock-off HOD4 guns on Aliexpress. They are sold for $94 without a sensor but, unlike the official Sega guns, they already have a recoil solenoid instead of the knocker. The knocker doesn't have any function so the solenoid is a far better use of space IMO. aliexpress.com/i/32966607517.h…057483.0.0.54901331W2dITr I am rarely in favor of buying the cheap Chinese knock-off but …

• To follow-up on the previous post regarding the Aimtrak and compatibility with the S-JIHP - I don't believe it is possible, but it would be a great addition if it would somehow allow it to be used for Sega gun games. I don't think the S-JIHP will handle digital inputs. There has been options presented by a forum member that would allow USB devices to be used with JVS devices - not sure if many have been able to get this workin or not. I have intended to, but haven't had the time yet. My main que…

• I tried the Logitech wheel that Mitz mentioned in his youtube video. I am open to purchasing "any" wheel as long as it will work with an "adapter" and the S-JIHP. I am not very adept at soldering so if someone was willing (yourself?) to build an adapter for me and I can ensure to purchase the "correct" wheel to match the adapter - I would be trilled. As long as the wheel will attach to a table (bracket) as I have a cabinet that will allow for this installation; I am not picky on the wheel. I hav…

• Has someone established a common walk-through or tutorial on how to mod any wheel that was mentioned above to work with the S-JIHP in a plug-and-play fashion? I would be willing to purchase such a setup if there is a mod cable available for a particular wheel (logitech or otherwise). Have been trying to get a wheel to work with the S-JIHP for a long time - if there is a seamless way to get this up and running; please let me know! Thank you.

• Quote from Derick2k: “Quote from jassin000: “I thought @Derick2k had measured the lag of the Sanwa Vewlix LCD next to the New New (aka Diamond Black) LCD. I can't seem to find that post atm so maybe he'll pop in and repost the results. ” Yup, I think the numbers are posted in one of your threads. ” Derick2k - pm sent. Thanks.

• JVS Emulator

arcadeWC - - Project Showcase

Great news. To get this correct - the OpenJVS when completed will allow for a standard USB peripheral (AimTrak (gun) or steering wheel) to be used with all JVS systems (Naomi, Chihiro, Triforce, Lindbergh) in a somewhat plug and play fashion? I assume some setting files will be provided or explained how to adjust them to use virtually any USB device one wants and it will work in a full JVS fashion? That is absolutely exciting and have been waiting for that opportunity for years. Please keep us p…

• This sounds awesome - I have been using Operation Thunderbolt guns with my S-JIHP setup for some time and have always wondered about adding recoil to them as the ultimate goal. I am not familiar with recoil in any way - any chance for a tutorial when it is done so we can attempt to duplicate it? It is really exciting to see an option for recoil on these guns that can be used for all applications (Naomi, Chihiro, or even MAME if needed). Thank you!

• [Repair Log] Sega Naomi

arcadeWC - - User's Repair Logs

I have thought the same thing; I have a couple Naomi 2 boards that I would like to send to Ken, but the shipping and repair costs are significant. The problem is finding a reasonably priced Naomi 2 seems difficult at best. Naomi 1 boards seem plentiful and very reasonably priced, but Naomi 2 harder to find and under $200 in many cases. Does anyone have a better source for a Naomi 2 boards? Perhaps I am not looking in the right places.

• Welcome! Do you still do console modding? NES RGB?

• Quote from randomdoohickey: “Can someone confirm the D9200 chassis will work with a Makvision 27/29” tube? This would be great as I have extra D9200 chassis and a Makvision tube. Has anyone actually tried it? I don’t want to test it yet as my Makvision is new; but nice to know for spares. Thanks. It's an A68 tube, so there's a very good chance most any random curved or flat non-Trinitron 27" (29" in rest of world) would work that's been pulled from a $10 Craigslist TV. This will depend on pinout…

• Can you play this without the "trigger" joysticks used for the passing system? Would be alright if you can use a regular joystick, but I don't think you can play without the specific hardware.

• Very nice! So how are you connecting to the TV? HDMI ports with up converter? It looks very good and impressed the mounting matches. Not a bad option it appears to me for very little cost. Perhaps something to look into as arcade monitors get more expensive and harder to find.

• Quote from Frank_fjs: “ Do you have the latest bios, V4 something? I want to grab it soon as I'm intrigued by the 161 specific menu features. ” I would also like to know where one can get the latest unibios (ver4) that allows for the editing of games in the menu. How well does it work? Would be great to get rid of all the clones.

• JVS Emulator

This is awesome news! Great job! I know there is a wiki link for how to install the software, however, i am not really versed in python script. Does anyone plan to post an image of a working setup that can be loaded and work "plug and play" with a Raspberry Pi that is already setup to net boot Naomi? I am assuming this works in conjunction with a Pi that is already setup to net boot? Any chance this will also work with Chihiro and Lindbergh? I can't wait for the driving games to be added - any i…

• JVS Emulator

What is the status of this project? Has anyone tried it and how well does it work? This is a great concept and want to see it through to something that truly allows USB guns and steering wheels to work with the Sega JVS hardware. Thanks!

• JVS Emulator

This would be great! There has been talk for some time about having something with the ability to use USB devices for Naomi/Chihiro/Triforce/Lindbergh games. I would absolutely love the ability to integrate with Netboot scripts (PiForce) as you referenced. Yes - I would like to use an Xbox controller for driving games or any other USB driving controller (Logitech Red for example) if possible. I would also really like to see the use of USB guns (such as AimTrak) to be used with the Naomi/Chihiro/…