Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 179.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• JVS Emulator

bobbydilley - - Project Showcase

Hello @UYO Please post your question to: discord.gg/aJAR9N2 - I'd like to get all the questions/answers in one central place where we can all chat! I've setup a discord forum where questions about OpenJVS can be discussed, so anyone should feel free to join it. It should be GPIO12 on the 32nd pin I beleive - but worth trying both if you can. Edit the file at /etc/openjvs/global_config and set DEBUG_MODE to 1 and send a picture of the debug output you get on the discord channel.

• JVS Emulator

I would assume he's plugging a stripped USB A cable into an RS485 to USB converter, and then the USB side of the converter into the Pi.

• JVS Emulator

Hey tom, Are you using a Naomi 1 or Naomi 2? The "Error: Failed to read serial settings for low latency mode" won't stop the program running and it should work without that - it should be more of a warning! Currently you cannot specify the output map file other than in the global_config file located in /etc/openjvs. OpenJVS will look at all the devices connected to your computer and look in /etc/openjvs/maps/device for files corresponding to the devices name (you can view devices using evtest). …

• JVS Emulator

Hello everyone, I'm going to try to answer all the questions here, but feel free to reply if I've missed anything out. - OpenJVS3 is the version I would recommend which you can get here: github.com/bobbydilley/OpenJVS3 - OpenJVS3 current has a map file for the Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback wheel, and will be adding Freds G25 mapping in soon. - There are device maps and game maps. We've got generic driving game maps, but generally they'll need some tweaking to play all the games you want to…

• LINDBERGH

bobbydilley - - Sega Lindbergh

Do you mean: I need a copy of the Harley Davidson installation disk for the Lindbergh?

• I'm not sure if this bug is from part of the conversion as I don't know if you're implementing the JVS controls yourself, but I thought I'd detail it here anyway. Maximum speed doesn't follow the JVS spec properly as it reads analogue bits from the right most byte rather than the left. In JVS, analogue data is sent as 2 bytes. IOs define how many bits they will use out of those bytes when initially handshaking with the arcade motherboard. If the IO specifies it will use 8 bits, it should use 8 b…

• Lindbergh Startup Sound

As a shower thought today, It occoured to me that the Lindbergh was the end of startup noises for Sega's arcade hardware. Does anyone know if there was a concious decision to stop making them, or if they just sort forgot about it? I wounder what the Lindbergh or Ringedge startup noises would sound like...

• JVS Emulator

Hey fred - thanks for the message and glad you're making use of the project. I'll reply on this thread as this info might be useful to everyone - but if you've got any more questions then DM me so that we don't keep notifiying millions of people!! As far as the connection goes, it follows this: If you're connecting from a computer/pi to an arcade motherboard, wire the RED wire to GROUND. If you're connecting from a computer/pi to a JVS IO, wire the RED wire to +5v. The two you've listed for conn…

• Ah yeah should be fine then - they obviously use that board for red and yellow. Sounds like you've got a good plan, always worth having spare parts too!

• Looking at some random website (which may or may not be correct) it says that this motherboard replaces these games: "This motherboard is suitable for installation or replacement on the House of Dead 4 machine, Let's Go Jungle Machines, Initial D5 Machine and Sega R-Tuned Twin Racing Machine." I know that HOTD4 and LGJ are originally Lindbergh Yellow games. This means that this new yellow motherboard will have a different processor to the one originally in Primeval - I've heard that Lindbergh Re…

• CTRL+ALT+S and then mssvhy

• flew hard disk drive?

@rewrite The Lindbergh uses the IDE bus which generally isn't hot swappable (unless your IDE controller specifically supports it). That trick works fine with the RE, seeing as the SATA spec supports hot swapping, but not with the Lindbergh.

• flew hard disk drive?

The Lindbergh HDDs are ATA locked, and so it's not just as simple as connecting them to a PC and copying. You need to unlock them first using the ATA key.

• Lindbergh IO is a PCI card. Even if you plugged it into a normal PC, the drivers are for linux so wouldnt work. There are windows drivers, but only for one specific game that isn't that popular and probably hasn't been cracked to run outside a real lindy. The drivers aren't generic input device drivers either, so the game has to be written specifically to work for them - they don't just show up as a joystick. The Ringedge IO connects through the parelell port of the computer (I think), and the s…

• Out of interest does anyone know what INFO STATION 2 is?

• Also just as a reminder: this machine definately doesn't use a laser. The end of the gun is sealed, It doesn't speak of a camera or laser at all in the parts description, and lasers would be far too dangerous to use in an arcade with children running about.

• youtube.com/watch?v=fynnsJb5wZg&t=124s If you look at this video at 1:56 it does sort of look like there is a laser that goes off the bottom of the screen, so I'm more inclined to side with you on this one. Questions i've got though: - I've seen the ends are completely covered - how are they getting a laser out of the gun? - Maybe the STEM base is a camera? - The laser comes up as green on the camera, IR lasers should come up as red? - Surely they wouldn't use a laser which a small child could s…

• Have already done research and there’s no way on earth to get line of sight tracking from a gyro,accel,compass setup without adding something else. The noise from the sensor is far far to high even with a filter. A 9dof IMU usually refers to a chip that has a 3 axis accelerometer, 3 axis gyro and a 3 axis compass. You can buy them for things like arduinos, and I’ve had a good go with them. You can get pose fairly accurate but not positional displacement (moving the gun in the x, y or z direction…

• bandainamco-am.co.uk/files/175 Page 56 of this document, they talk about the STEM base. Have no clue what it is, but thats what's used to do the tracking. Having used the machine it's line of sight accurate, so can't be a relative gyro. Maybe some weird gyro tech with the STEM base as a point of reference? Having studied the gun in detail, I really couldn't find any holes for light to come out of in it. 12v LED Puck are the start button lights for each player above the gun holsters.

• In this case they are not, it uses some electro-magnetic field I beleive to track the gun positions - it's sort of there in the manual if you take a look. They've got a sort of wiring diagram that shows the big reference coil. It doesn't use any form of light, if you actually go up to one of the machines and look down the end of the gun it's completely sealed plastic. No lens or anything. Have lots of these machines in my area, and have played on them - so can reliabily say its not light.