Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Quote from mathewbeall: “I went back to an old version ” How old?

• @jepjepjep can you roll back to 1040 firmware and April 1st menu? I can but no sound/z80 errors in the menu/games. Do I have a compound problem of pin contact? All my legit carts work no problem.

• Huh so really strange I rolled back the firmware/menu and now I have no sound/z80 errors from the cart menu. HELP?

• Uh... I did the update and now I'm stuck at the "cross-hatch" screen/cart won't boot. I looked at the SD card, all the files I put in "update" are gone so I'm assuming it programmed/updated correctly. But yea cart is basically "dead" acting now.

• I thought the "lost" System18 game was Hammer Away.

• Quote from Kaede: “One time set up and leave it at that? How you turn it on? ” Yes, ONE TIME and leave it! IF you left the monitor on and cut the power, when you restore power it just turns back on. Only settings you need are color/brightness and HDMI1, just like before if you set it the monitor stays that way. You won't be setting other inputs, because it hasn't really got any you can use... DP and HDMI only (and DP wouldn't work with HDMI adapter). You won't be adjusting horizontal/vert size, …

• For now everything is fine, the monitor looks amazing of course. I would like to do more glory shots, but the glare in the day from the screen is a real shot spoiler/a mirror. Maybe tonight I'll get some up, my replacement fans are coming this weekend so I can finally finish the body.

• Glad it worked out for you

• Yea its still running just fine, so all I can do is wait/hope it was caught quickly enough that it caused no harm. I do need to connect kicks just to verify buttons 4/5/6 are also fine (I've only tested P1/2 with buttons1/2/3 all currently register in test menu). Sorry to derail the thread in this way... I felt it was important to talk about my mistake soon as it happened. Over all a happy day (monitor installed/working very well) just some expensive PCB peril (at least I could just replace the …

• Quote from nismopunch: “please do the honors and continue to share ” Lets talk about screw size differences. 8kSmGOI.jpg On the left here is the original, on the right the replacement supplied with the bracket. I'm using the counter sync kind because I'm also using the recommended counter sync bit. On that note... Drill/sync holes... 6kPtMwN.jpg iJA2Feb.jpg A little backside sanding to remove nasty/sharp metal burrs. xXpKj3d.jpg Ok thats it/basically all the "prep" work you need to do on the IPS…

• AAAAAaaaah yeah... 2NKYR0C.jpg Look at what arrived today!

• Home Arcade System

jassin000 - - RGB's lab

Quote from Derick2k: “Im gonna tear the monitor open to see if I can relocate controls. ” You do you D, but I HIGHLY recommend you do NOT do this. Reasons why... - Monitor has one button that functions like a POV hat and it sits deep inside the base of the frame - Monitor reverts to the last state perfectly (ie pull the AC plug and it shuts off, plug it back in and it turns back on no need for pwr button) You should NEVER need to adjust anything on this monitor after dialing it in for HDMI1/Free…

• Home Arcade System

jassin000 - - RGB's lab

Quote from rewrite: “What are the life expectancies of your typical LCD/CRT, and professional grade LCD/CRT's? ” My understanding is its not about total hours on the monitor so much as hours of viewing per day... From a simple Google search: Consumer TVs are designed to operate for the few hours a day someone is home, relaxing in front of TV shows, movies, or video games. Commercial televisions, by contrast, are specifically engineered to continuously operate between 16 and 24 hours per day, and…

• Home Arcade System

jassin000 - - RGB's lab

Quote from darhgo: “I'm not ever going to replace the monitor in the cab unless is breaks but eventually ” WHEN it breaks, not unless... And yea, I'll see ya in about 5 years or less. Remember if your machine is used it came from an arcade floor where it was on basically 365. Yes the LCD is a little more durable than your basic LCD TV, but they still aren't rated for anywhere near the life expediency of a CRT. First the colors/contrast will wash out, then the brightness contrast will go... Befor…

• Home Arcade System

jassin000 - - RGB's lab

Quote from darhgo: “I'll make sure to get a freesync the next time I'm looking for a display. ” Don't forget QHD, the OSSC at its highest 5x supports 1600x1200. This of course will also work on a UHD/4K but its over kill if this is all you want supported. If all you have is a HD/1920x1080/1080p 5x mode is cropped and looks like shit (better to use 4x in that case). Quote from Derick2k: “we all know Courtney had Kurt murdered ” Really? I mean wasn't he rumored to have written more than half of he…

• Home Arcade System

jassin000 - - RGB's lab

Quote from hoagtech: “Kurt Cobain was murdered. Cobains Dad publicly stated it. The forensic pathologist says that suicide was an “impossible scenario” ” Oh really? I had not heard this angle at all... I need to go do some reading.

• Home Arcade System

jassin000 - - RGB's lab

Quote from hoagtech: “He’s the Cobain of comedy and what a tragedy.. ” More than a little off topic here, but Cobain was a suicide and Hartman was murdered by his wife. So yea, they both left us too soon... However one was a junkie that couldn't handle the pressures of life/fame/drugs and one was shot dead in his own home by someone he loved. Quote from darhgo: “have you found any solution for the screen tearing/stutter on Data East PCBs via the OSSC? Is that just monitor dependent? ” Monitor de…

• Home Arcade System

jassin000 - - RGB's lab

Quote from And One: “I prefer my games looking just like they did back in the day ” News Radio (1998) Bill: "It's like my father used to say, when I was a child I thought as a ... as a child, but when I became a man I took that child out back and had him shot." newsradio-phil-hartman.jpg

• Home Arcade System

jassin000 - - RGB's lab

Quote from digitron: “you definitely don't need it for the MiSTer ” NEED no... But I'm the kind of guy who would never purchase a Mister. That being said I might still like to casually play around with one (as I do indulge in emulation from time to time). If my OSSC supported FPGA simulation, I'd have no reason not to give it a try. Seems possible, we are going to need some power FPGA onboard to pull off some of the real time effects planned (screen rotation in software).

• Home Arcade System

jassin000 - - RGB's lab

I NEED that OSSC Pro man! Its going to be so so SO HOT. I even hear rumors it could support Mister like FPGA simulation directly? WOW, that is going to be huge if true!