Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 39.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hi 300wins, glad you're staying safe For those that pre-ordered, a small update: I finished the Deluxe and Standard designs. Incorporated some new changes and improvements and sent them off to be fabricated! Will post back here when they arrive in about 2 weeks! -Segasonicfan

• I just came in here for the eye candy. I was not disappointed.

• Quote from acblunden2: “I am testing through the high impedence connection on the PFX chassis. I am running JAMMA video right to that connection via wires direct from the PCB. I don't use a JVS-to-JAMMA adapter (like JAMMAfier) which runs JAMMA video through VGA to the low impedence connection. I can send you a Taito F3 if need be. I'd need it back however. Tests with other PCB's are good so far, but none of those other PCB's are known to have sync issues with the PFX. Will test with other monit…

• Quote from RGB: “Looks like this uses the ISL59885? If so, it can be helpful with the Taito F3 when used with the XRGB mini and tri-sync monitors, it's what's been used in the HAS since 2016. ” Yes. It uses a very similiar setup to HAS, so it should work. Although one person here reports that it doesn't, sadly. Quote from ark125: “I will need the Martin Jones circuit add-on in order to play Taito F3 games. ” This add-on would be down the road (and might never happen). The expansion option is the…

• Hey everyone, so I've been pretty busy preparing the updated revision. So far I've been focusing on the deluxe version, but the standard version will be next! arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…fba644ba28b64ce421c8d269f @acblunden2 was nice enough to test some PCBs and report back results with the V1.0 board. Unfortunately, the pickiness of the Sanwa Tri Sync PFX monitor using a Taito F3 could not be fixed. I imagine this has everything to do with the monitor being tri-sync and being infamous for ha…

• In that case I suspect your 161 in 1 is the culprit. The earlier revisions only used diodes to step down voltage and that symptom is very likely the cause of that. Make sure your PSU is under 5v. I recommend 4.75-4.95 when using that cart. You can see my shaky and difficult to watch video about these boards here:) m.youtube.com/watch?v=jQV4Sjb_cxo

• I see this stuff more and more these days. I miss early 00s ebay, back when all the sellers were die hard collectors and everything was always packed great! And USPS actually had a working phone number I Bought a MIB SMS launch system once. Me: "Please pack it well with lots of bubble wrap" Seller: 'Don't worry, Im going to ship it in the original box' Me: :O !!!

• Ah, that sucks. If you ever give up on this I have a mega fried MV1B that might be saved with guts swapping. Do the glitches only happen a certain amount of time after power up?

• Hi everyone, Some updates: @acblunden2 and @Derick2k each have their own Sync Clean Pro v1.0 to test their PCBs with. I'm looking forward to hearing back their results I looked at the Sync Strike and I can confirm that this board is more advanced. Im designing 2 versions right now: 1. Deluxe Pro v2.0 version with VGA jacks (in/out) and other features TBA 2. Regular Pro v2.0 now supporting HV sync in and HV sync out. Also adding a reverse polarity protection. I've been spending many hours on the …

• Quote from SiQux: “Looks promising. I'll take one. ” PM me if you'd like to preorder Quote from acblunden2: “Quote from Segasonicfan: “Let me know if youre interested. ” Interested! ” PM me if you'd like to preorder Quote from ark125: “3 board ordered. I am excited. Thanks. ” working on a new design for @ark125 with 15khz VGA plug support!

• Quote from ark125: “If you decide to redesign the board, I will happily pay the extra cost for two boards or even three. Otherwise, I will buy the extra wire and 2x VGA plugs. However, a proper board will be the best solution for me. Let me know when you make a decision. Thank you so much. ” OK I found some VGA plugs I could source domestically. I could do the redesign for extra, sounds like that's the ideal. Ill PM ya

• Quote from ark125: “This is awesome. I will need two for my NNC cabinets. It will be possible to produce it with two end to end vga connectors? Thank you. ” Thanks for your interest This would require a board redesign and increased cost. However, I could include some wire and 2x VGA plugs for a bit extra if you wanted to wire it up that way.

• Ceramics all have tolerance ratings of course. I only use X7R or better. Theres a lot of considerations with caps in a design. But if you get aluminum polymer with a good brand and the same specs it's almost always going to be leaps and bounds better than cheapo standard electrolytics.

• Quote from Apocalypse: “@Segasonicfan I have loads of boards from the 70s and 80s with perfectly fine electrolytic capacitors. Might be shorter but still very impressive (40 to 50 yo). Also means if they fail tomorrow and I replace them with as good parts (if that still exists...) then I'll be good for my time on earth. ” Yeah...it just depends. Where and how they are used in the circuit, tolerances, manufacturing quality, etc. Cause if you look at 20-year-old gaming consoles right now, a lot ar…

• Quote from acblunden2: “Quote from Segasonicfan: “Please note that this project is slightly different though, it's a Sync Cleaner PCB, not a Sync generator. ” What is the difference exactly?1. Martin Jones's SPG splits H & V sync, changes the pulses lengths, then recombines them H & V sync into a new C-Sync signal. Pretty basic. I trust Sync Cleaner Pro does something similar but may produce sync pulses that are closer to broacast quality (which is something Martin Jones says his SPG does do). -…

• Quote from TD-Linux: “I made a MS8-26S equivalent of this cap kit. Works well, be careful while installing because some of the caps have conductive housings and are very close to jumpers. digikey.com/short/zp30h0 It only has a couple of minor improvements needed - it's missing C560, and C572, C913, C909, and C437 could use wider lead spacing. I haven't included these changes because I haven't tested them. ” Awesome, thanks!! Quote from Apocalypse: “Quote from Segasonicfan: “Electrolytics are kno…

• Quote from Sp33dFr34k: “How much do they run? ” Figuring out cost, depends on volume of pre-orders. Right now, it's $25-$30 Quote from bytestorm: “Will you sell unassembled kits? ” Yes. Quote from acblunden2: “Quote from Segasonicfan: “Quote from Derick2k: “Quote from Segasonicfan: “Great! Almost ready... ” Would be happy to test one of these ” PM sent! ” I'd love to test one too. Started a pretty long thread on here on a similar effort. ” Very interesting thread. Please note that this project i…

• These are so cute and small by the way. Just to give you an idea of how tiny they are: MvgZRcg.jpg

• Quote from Derick2k: “Quote from Segasonicfan: “Great! Almost ready... ” Would be happy to test one of these ” PM sent!

• Great stuff! I love the Espgalude especially Quote from Derick2k: “Quote from RandomRetro: “@Derick2k do you print them yourself or have a good source for label printing? ” Both, I usually test print at home with an LX900, but for the pro stuff I send it out. Specially stuff like the domed badges, or high quality labels with UV protection, die cut etc... A home setup for that would cost too much. ” Where do you send out? I have a small sticker making workshop, but like you say, it's not perfect …