Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 45.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• On another note... Who is coming to BPAC / Kong Off 4 this year? n6n1gz3

• Quote from Apocalypse: “Quote from djsheep: “They could have used price tags instead of writing the prices in marker on the items though ” Are Aussies as cheap as their cousins from NZ? ” Yes, most expect to be able to trade a slab of VB for an arcade still I think haha

• Yeah it seems the hobby has grown so much over the last few years that stocks have dropped and prices have gone up everywhere.. You only have to look at eBay sales on PCB's... they have had exponential growth just in the last few years alone. Also, I have been bringing in cabs from the US off an on for the last 8 years as well and the guys in the US that used to bring in a truck load of project cabs on a bi-monthly basis, just don't get that sort of stock any more. Their stock only seems to be c…

• I will be in Brisbane for Kong Off 3 Who else? My schedule will be roughly: drink, drink, eat, kong, drink, drink, sleep (a bit) [repeat] But in all seriousness.. I get in Friday lunch... There is a large contingent of us hitting up Pincadia on the Friday night, then obviously at the Showgrounds on Saturday/Sun for the tourney and cheesy photos with Walter and Billy. Likely a session at Netherworld on Saturday night.

• Quote from mathewbeall: “So i was playing Rtype today and thinking "wow - I still have it!!!" and then I realized that somehow - hits to my ship weren't registering... I checked some other games - all working there, but with R-Type, it's like I have invincibility mode turned on - did I get a jumper wrong? Matt ” Lol.. I did that a while back too.. R-Type screwing with you in more ways than one. :p

• Yeah, I'm with the others.. no sacrifice needed here.. Just a simple swap

• Glorious Irem M72 multi

Pelly - - Apocalypse's Projects

What is this wizardry?? 201904281107081556414175.jpg Happy days, Multi up and running Had to make a minor mod to the RF cage on the cab to get my Mr Heli board to fit in nicely, as well as accommodating for the sub-board connector cable that comes with the multi kit. Massive thanks to @Apocalypse and @Mitsurugi-w for building this masterpiece! Now just hanging for that switch @oneleaf86 BTW, X-Multiply is ridiculously more difficult than R-Type

• Very excited for this. Can't wait to get my hands on one along with the M72 Multi...!

Quote from Apocalypse: “8 × 27C322 1 × 27C160 The multi is shipped with them blank. You also have the option to order the multi without EPROMs if you happen to have them handy. Cuts $25 off IIRC. ” Great, thanks. Yeah just wanted to check what they were in case I had any to save having to buy them with the Multi Cheers.

• Quote from Apocalypse: “Quote from jassin000: “I'm no expert, but I would think if it was RAM you would still get sprights they would just be garbled/wrong. The fact the sprights are missing at repeating locations seems like failing custom. ” Quote from -Ace-: “Check the voltages. I had sprite issues until I bumped up the +5 voltage. ” From what I read sprites are NOT affected, only background. ” Yes, and checked my voltages first up. All game sprites seem fine. Its just some of the background b…

• Quote from Apocalypse: “Faulty custom chip on the bottom board? Don't panic, @caius has reproduced them. Or maybe RAM issue. ” Yeah ok cool. The other obvious thing I haven't tried yet is swapping the bottom board with another working R-Type PCB set. I will do that and see what happens.. If its not RAM on the bottom board the likely a custom I suppose. Thanks

Refresh my memory on what EPROM's we need again for this? Just want to check my stash to see if I have any spares..

• Well I believe this to be minor... Anyway, there are what appears to be vertical bars affecting only some background graphics. In the screens attached you can see it affects the Warning text screen, Ram check and title screen (not shown). In the other screen shot you can see that during game play the bars knock out parts of the stage graphics as it scrolls however no sprites are effected when they pass over it. Some basic things I have tried: - Re-seated daughter board - re-seated all EPROM's - …

• Looks fantastic!

Quote from Apocalypse: “Nothing to worry about it's an official factory conversion. I think someone here posted the link to a M72 board for sale and by looking at the pictures I discovered it had been converted with official rom kits 4 times! ” Are the official ROM kits worth anything to anyone? I know a guy who has a pile of them.. I have been trying to convince him to part with them along with a bunch of M72's .. but that's another story...

• Beautiful.. that's exactly what I was trying to work out Me understand now... :p

• Quote from oneleaf86: “Each position on a 16 way rotary dip switch represents every binary combination of a 4 bank dip switch. If you look at a 4 pin bank : : : : the top row of pins are connected to ground. When a switch is on, it ties whatever is connected to it low. So all in all the rotary switch is just connecting any combination of the four banks to ground. That's the way I understand it but I'm definitely no expert here. ” I kinda meant.. how does your adapter take over the physical dip t…

• Forgive a simpleton such as myself... but how does it actually interact with the dip bank on the daughter board that controls which game is selected? That's the part I am still not clear about...

• Awesome, I will be down for one of these as well.

• Please add me to the list for one