Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 509.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• fairly certain phase doesn't matter after an isolation transformer. Since isolation breaks the connection to ground, the AC lines are the same as each other. If your monitor requires isolation, don't try to run it without a transformer. Doing so risks shock etc. This is a good read for anyone working on monitors teaganm.cademo.com/images/other/randyfromm/isoxfmr.htm

• Hiya From St. Louis

skate323k137 - - Introduce Yourself!

Sans Covid I would be in Tower Grove park racing skateboards. That or passed out from a Bogarts coma. Welcome aboard.

• Blast City PSU Recap

skate323k137 - - Other Sega Hardware

It's definitely worth it. It cleans everything up, video even usually looks clearer with a recapped PSU.

• Quote from rewrite: “Quote from skate323k137: “But with that said I wish nobody any harm and lord knows I don't want legal action taken against the site. DS, if you do have true legal concerns with Sega just let me know man, but I've never seen them go after a forum. You gotta be bootlegging beatsaber cabinets or something for that kind of action. Most of the immediate injunctions I've ever seen were for high dollar bootleg purses. Definitely not our cup of tea here. ” Out of curiosity, what con…

• Quote from ITATTRACTS: “Quote from skate323k137: “I left because Finisterre came here with good intentions and more hacking skills than 99% of us, myself included. He got shit on left and right for publishing good data here, regardless of generation of hardware or sega support. Sega doesn't give a shit what we post here unless its roms. Code written from scratch is perfectly legal under Right to Repair. With no disrespect to Darksoft or any individual here, finisterre could have been a great ass…

• I would honestly love to stay / come back. Aside from one bad deal with an impatient member that I won't go in to, I had years of great times contributing to this forum. BTW regarding that deal, if you're reading this, my bad too. I was in the middle of moving and I'm sorry about the issues. Not to toot my own horn, but I've been around for a second. I donated more than once to the Atomiswave to naomi project. I bought a first run STV multi I still love. I made over 1000 posts here, traded with …

• I left because Finisterre came here with good intentions and more hacking skills than 99% of us, myself included. He got shit on left and right for publishing good data here, regardless of generation of hardware or sega support. Sega doesn't give a shit what we post here unless its roms. Code written from scratch is perfectly legal under Right to Repair. With no disrespect to Darksoft or any individual here, finisterre could have been a great asset to this forum. Trolling or not he's done a shit…

• Quote from Stupid Dufus: “I'm having the same issue here. I have: Naomi 1 with multibios Netdimm that I upgraded from 3.17 to 4.01 (using netboot) with 512 MB ram (came with 256) Powered via ATX power supply using the ATX-2-Naomi power adapter from Mitsurugi Zero pic purchased off ebay I've tried loading games via both a raspberry pi and transfergame.exe. If I use either of these, the game loads, does a memory check, reboots to load the game, then reboots to error 33 screen. I've tried 6 or 7 di…

• Quote from Mitsurugi-w: “Yeah. Gotta be careful. A lot of micro USB cables are just cheap charging cables with no data wires installed. ” On the other hand, useful if you need to use a shady USB port to actually charge something. "Neutered Cable" I think is the "industry term."

• Quote from Phil Bennett: “RC2/MUSIC/MID has the original MIDI sequences for all the music. The accompanying document suggests they were sequenced on a Kurzweil K2000 with lots of custom patches, so they sound like arse when played back on anything else. Still very cool nonetheless ” I always love the technical details like this of sound composition on the games, thanks for sharing.

• I would check mame driver. Rom size will help you narrow it down and it might say in the appropriate .cpp file. If I have a moment to look I'll post up. See: 8-bit 1-Megabits There are four types of 1 Megabits EPROMS. One set has the A16 and OE lines swapped. However, this device will still program and verify like normal 1 Megabits. Once this device is placed into the circuit, it will appear as if it has not been programmed correctly. This is not due to the Maxloader software or the programmer, …

• Always some loss to be expected. I install a voltmeter right on my jamma edge for this reason.

• Taito F3. Get your cart here

skate323k137 - - Taito F3

I just used hockey tape to hold the black cart lock pieces together. I don't want to pull a shell off one of my games at least yet. It's in a cab anyway, so nothing wrong with nekkid PCBs

• Many of these are listed on Arcade Otaku or similar wikis. I would recommend to start there. I think it's a good idea though to do the dsub connectors. I did one for my Data East Hoops 96 MLC out of 2 DB15s and a SCSI cable that adds 3p and 4p ports for neo sticks.

• Just drive up to MI and I'll make sure you leave with a working one.

• Gundam 4p

skate323k137 - - Namco System 246/256

Groovy Arcade is a pre configured linux distribution. Saves almost all "heavy lifting" if you can load the right rom set to match the base MAME version.

• Gundam 4p

Quote from defor: “wait- 21" CRT that does 120hz? ” Not to clog up this thread too much, but here is my viewsonic 20" CRT with GroovyArcade liveboot distro. I highly recommend GroovyArcade; install from LiveCD, SSH or SCP your MAME Rom Set, and it looks beautiful with your chosen display. Has pre-sets for most 15, 24, 31K, multi sync, and high res displays. I personally run GroovyArcade on a PC CRT in 120hz which does 240p emulation so to speak, with CRT refresh rates (no frame skip or anything,…

• Gundam 4p

Yes, you could use a switch. Unless you have a dhcp server running you should be fine.

• Gundam 4p

Quote from defor: “wait- 21" CRT that does 120hz? ” A lot of older 20/21" "professional" monitors like trinitron VGA can do 120hz, with groovymame, it looks freaking sweet. I don't know of any arcade native solution to get that video signal offhand. Stealing some wording, "It is also possible to get 'real' 240p on a standard CRT VGA monitor by creating a custom 240p resolution that runs at 120Hz. This produces a very sharp image, similar to that of a PVM."

• Gundam 4p

They are not DHCP but I forgot what range. Use a hub (not router) and they will find themselves... tcpdump from a laptop on the same hub if you want to snoop.