Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 45.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Crisis Zone Rebooting

LuKa - - General Arcade Tech Help

Right I have a proper arcade machine PSU with adjustable voltage It was set around 5.27 V and it wouldn't boot just showed a fuzzy collapsed image. I turned it off decreased the voltage to about 5.05V and it booted fine. I came back to it the next day and it is showing a fuzzy collapsed image again as if it's getting to much voltage. Any ideas on the sweet spot for the voltages on this one, if I am correct Namco boards are very power hungry? Any advice would be great! Thanks

• Well remembered, yes it used to boot to just a jvs connecting screen and not get any further. We did manage to get another rays board and it booted but the moment it tried to go in game it would freeze. We checked the voltage, etc and still no joy. These boards are a real nightmare. With regards to reflowing the rays board, which chip would you be focusing on the sh4?

• Nice work, we have a Vampire Night DLX which has been out of action for ages I'm gonna try the steps you have to see if that helps. Did you manage to get it fully working in the end?

• Crisis Zone Rebooting

@rewrite - Guilty as charged, I didn't check the voltages because the previous PSU was a ATX style one so I spliced up a new Corsair PSU in the hope that would be better. Thank you for the advice guys, I'll remove the ATX PSU and get a standard jamma PSU and adjust the voltage.

• Crisis Zone Rebooting

Hooked a atx power supply, but still reseting.

• Thank you @stj I haven't tried putting any caps on rgb lines. I'll give that a go, what's the best way to put them in series, using a adapter or something?

• Hi guys, I'm pulling my hair out with this issue I have. I have got a Vapor TRX which is a Atari Seattle board. The game runs and is playable but the issue I have is the colours a really washed out and dark, as if white/brightness is completely missing. I have verified the game board on different monitors and they do the same, also I tried a few known working jamma boards on the Vapor TRX monitor which looked perfect, even for shits and giggles I tried it on a Supergun on my TV at home.. same is…

• Crisis Zone Rebooting

Thank you guys, I haven't checked Voltages yet to be honest. I'll hook up some probes and see what's going on.

• Crisis Zone Rebooting

Hi guys, I have managed to bad myself a Crisis Zone SD cabinet. Pretty nice condition, I had to fix some cabling because the pedal wiring was damaged. The problem I'm having is the game will randomly reboot itself when getting into the game. It will always pass its self test and start to roll the demo. But randomly anything from 30-90 seconds in it will reboot and start it's self test again. Does anyone have any pointers or ideas? Many Thanks

• Alien 3 The Gun + A-PAC

Thank you twistedsymphony I'll start looking down the analog to mouse route.

• Alien 3 The Gun + A-PAC

Hey guys, I'm banging my head against a wall with this one. I have a Alien 3 The Gun cab that unfortunately has a dead PCB but the rest of the cabinet works fine. So I threw a PC in there and it runs Alien 3 The Gun via MAME. I have both guns hooked up to a A-Pac (arcadeworlduk.com/products/a-p…al-gamepad-interface.html) and they work but I have one issue. They track nicely on the screen after I had played with the dead zone etc but the issue is if a gun is aimed to the maximum top or bottom or …

• Quote from Darksoft: “Quote from LuKa: “Quote from stj: “where is the arcade?? ” Our arcade is called Timewarp Arcade and we are based in Bridgwater, Somerset which is in the South West of England.facebook.com/TimewarpArcade/ ” Man! Why do you open such a place so far from here? If you had a bar and many fellows would show up, I'd spend half day there ” Sorry about that lol, I thought you where based in the USA? We would love to sell alcohol but having a licence is expensive also would you want …

• Hi guys, I don't know if emulator talk is frowned upon on here.... Anyways I'm nearing the stages of completion for converting a dead Aliens 3: The gun cabinet into a MAME version of it instead, this is because the game board is FUBAR but everything else is original. So I have both the guns pots hooked up to a A-Trak along with the trigger and bomb button. That all works and responses but the problem I'm having must be in MAME itself. The problem is the centering, I have disabled auto center val…

• Awesome thank you for all the advice guys, I think we will pre-order the Jammafier and in the mean time get some looms made up. Thank you very much!

• The cabinet we have is the following: netcity.jpg The game we are hoping to pop into it is Sky Curser. Not sure on the monitor without cracking it open but I think it is one of the standard 31hz Nanao ones.

• Hi guys we have a empty Sega Naomi cabinet that is awaiting a Naomi mobo to be sourced. In the meantime we would like to put a Jamma game onto the cabinet so it gets used still. How easy is to rig up a adapter to make all the controls work with a Jamma board? Is it a matter of getting some JVS connectors and matching them up to a Jamma harness? I'm guessing I might need a video converter? I am happy to rig something up myself but if there is someone selling a adaptorr or cables we would be inter…

• Quote from nem: “If you haven't ordered them yet, I can send you a few for the cost of postage (1-2 euros). ” Awesome thank you! Do you have the pins aswell by any chance? I need x6 connectors and the required amount of pins

• Quote from tiff_lee: “AMP UP (Universal Power) connector, just googling AMP UP 2 pin will give you hits alone but all the big electronic places will sell them as well smallcab.net/amp-up-c-88_199_1…mo1gc241vv1fgrs6m2ctkg6u7 te.com/usa-en/plp/amp-universa….html?source=header-match ” You sir are a legend! I managed to find alot of results but I didn't know which one to narrow it down too. Thank you very much for the links.

• Hey all I am currently in the process of converting a Aliens 3: The Gun to have a PC inside (running mame version of the game) instead of the original game board because it is beyond repair . My aim is to try and keep all the cabling as original as possible so just in case, in the future I manage to get a working game board again. With this that would mean it would be very easy to convert it back if needed. 8fy1DbV.jpg tgAA3iE.jpg 4ZlspS7.jpg 2wRaMh5.jpg YLsjSiq.jpg I have managed to find some o…

• Gundblade VERY quiet sound?

LuKa - - Sega Model 2/3

Thank you I'll give that a shot and report back.