Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 35.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I did google around before posting, but I find it's always best to ask for first hand experience than try to piece things together from searches. Either way, it would appear only one chip needs to be swapped, and like Ace said, it's the 17c. It basically swaps the player count and / or region. A region swap comes with additional benefits of being uncensored if your base board is a US one. The MAME driver lists 17c as a "32Pin 1Mbit UV-EPROM", so I guess I'll check if I have it on hand, and if no…

• I have a Vendetta board in the mail and it's the 4 Player version. While there's nothing inherently wring with the game itself, the 4P version doesn't let you pick your character freely. It has the characters assigned to players 1 - 4, which means P1 will always play as Blood, P2 as Hawk, P3 as Boomer and P4 as Sledge. With that in ind, I'd like to convert it to the 2 Player version. I think I've seen someone on eBay providing this as a service, so if I'm remembering correctly, this can definite…

• Status update! Finally got the chips and I have to say, I wish all of my projects went this smoothly. The conversion is officially a success! All I had to do was to replace ofp1j3.513 and ofp0j3.514 with the Bloodshed ROMs. Two 27C4001s, a MiniPRO, MAME Bloodshed files and it's done. I posted some images on Twitter for those interested. This also gives me the Bloodshed menu with all of its crazy violence settings.

• Quote from xtrasmiley: “I guess I want to check out this game now... thanks a lot! Also, can you guys get your version sent to the MAME team for inclusion in MAME? I know it's lame, but it's about preserving the program and all. ” It seems like it doesn't need to be sent to MAME, because the ROMs are already out there as parts of either Blood Warrior or Oedo Fight Bloodshed sets. If I understand this correctly, it's a different ROM arrangement. Either way, I can dump the socketed ROMs and CRC th…

• OSSC Pro, with ROTATION!

Morden - - Forum News

Too bad it goes for expansions instead of integrating composite and s-video. At this point, I'm using RetroTINK 2X to give OSSC the inputs it lacks. I haven't RGB modded every retro system I own, so composite and s-video still get a fair amount of use. Getting an expansion is like getting the Tink. I wish for this to be the scaler to end all scalers. It's going the Framemeister way with the zooms and what have you, but I was really hoping for those inputs. Oh well. The regular OSSC will still la…

• Quote from psykom1: “This looks insanely horrible in a good way. Trash fighters are always a ton of fun. Following. ” I really love this game, truly and unironically. Used to play it with friends all the time, which was insane. Sure, it's severely broken in the balance department, but man, it's so much fun. Quote from ekorz: “The mame driver will show you what files are the same between games, just look at the crc values. Bloodshed is enabled in either test menu under "Memory Switch Setup". Pret…

• I have a Oedo Fight board, which is the censored version of the game [no blood, no gore, no fatalities]. I'd like to convert it to the "bloodshed" version, which is ten times more fun because of how ridiculous the gore is. The Western version is called Blood Warrior for a reason. Anyway, the game is actually two PCBS layered on top of each other. All of the ROMs are on the bottom one. Only three are socketed: arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…970a9e95d1dabeaf1384567f2arcade-projects.com/forums/ind……

• I just realized an Infinikey type circuit wouldn't really work. While I guess it is possible, technically, according to Apocalypse, the Dallas HEX write takes several minutes, which would be impractical if performed on every boot-up. Is there a way of permanently desuiciding these boards, eliminating the battery?

• I've already asked Caius on Twitter about my TH Strokes Back, which is freezing suddenly on the second stage, always in the same spot, and he said this could mean partial suicide and suggested I go along with the revival procedure. However, since I'm too much of a noob, I need some pointers. I dug up a post by Apocalypse, in which he discussed the World Rally fix. Is the pinout for TH Strikes Back the same? - 1 (closest to the printed 0) = VCC - 2 = TXD - 3 = RXD - 4 = /PROG - 5 = GND Since only…

• Replacement fan?

Morden - - Taito F3

This is an old thread, but I thought it was worth mentioning that the fan on my F3 has been dead for God knows how many years, and I've never had any issues with it overheating, inside the cab or otherwise. Some people believe CPS2 fan isn't necessary, but it would appear that this really is the case with F3. Sounds like there's a problem with the board itself.

• Quote from Asure: “My cheapo Ebay PGM mobo arrived today (...) Seems the plastic case is really robust, i've never seen one in real life, they look like they will withstand a lot of punishment. ” In that regard, IGS PGM is very similar to Neo Geo, or MV1-FZ to be exact. Although I think the plastic shell on a PGM is even sturdier and thicker. I love the PGM2 as well. It's such an elegant and enclosed system. Just like CPS2! So, why is everyone buying PGMs all of a sudden? Conversions can't be wo…

• Quote from gamemaster14: “I have a Lindbergh Yellow with a Multi kit. When I run Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown there is a black bar on the top indicating none of the network functions work. Does anyone know if there is a way to get rid of that black bar? ” The bar is there regardless. If the network connection is working, the icons will change, but the bar will always be there. In other words, it's a feature.

• Quote from twistedsymphony: “ - 1 on 1 Government (TPS BIOS) - Dead Or Alive ++ (TPS BIOS) - Gallop Racer 2 (TPS BIOS) - Gallop Racer 3 (TPS BIOS) - Logic Pro Adventure (TPS BIOS) - Monster Farm Jump (TPS BIOS) - Shanghai Matekibuyuu (TPS BIOS) - Tecmo World Cup Millennium (TPS BIOS) - Tondemo Crisis (TPS BIOS) ” Out of the titles listed, Dead or Alive and Tondemo Crisis seem to be the best candidates. They're both really good games a vast majority of people would enjoy. Also, Shanghai Matekibuy…

• CPSII Fan Dimmer Switch

Morden - - Capcom's CPS2

Quote from PascalP: “Just replace it with a Papst 612 and be done with it ” +1 That's exactly what I did, and it runs at the noise level of a PS2 now. Decreasing the fan speed is probably a bad idea, anyway. I do know some people run their CPS2 supergun setups with no fans at all, but I wouldn't do that. Especially if it's inside a cabinet.

• D77-20 drive.google.com/file/d/1EPHad…P-Y2GG_U/view?usp=sharing

• Quote from Derick2k: “@Morden Thanks for sharing info on your cart! Also, where did you get those controller storage cases?? Look very cool. ” PudelkaNaKontrolery.jpg They're the packaging for locally produced teacakes. I eat the contents and keep the boxes. They're perfect for 95% of all controllers, some exceptions being the big classic Xbox controller, or the Jaguar gamepad. As for the PAL on the Kirameki board, the only solder sucker I have SUCKS, but not in a good way. Would it be possible …

• Here's the photo of the Kirameki board. I hope the relevant things are legible. drive.google.com/file/d/1UtC-B…ia8WHcyp/view?usp=sharing I don't know if it's in any way relevant, but there are two jumper wires soldered to the bottom of the board. One is connecting pins 1 and 32 of IC51 [E44-21], and the other, really short one, links a leg of the 104 E5Z cap at C152 with pin 15 of ACT157 right under it [IC54]. I had to remove the security sticker to open up the cart, so it's safe to say the boar…

• Quote from rtw: “@Morden can you please snap a hi-res picture of the PCB inside your Kirameki cart, I want to take a look at the mapping done there ?” Sure. I'll do it later today, when I get home. As niche as this game is, I'd love to see it on the multi, if at all possible. As long as it's the full game, anyway. The vast majority of it is quiz questions, but there are mini-games as well, like repeat the input pattern and so on. Good artwork, too. I might be too old for cutesy anime teens now, …

• Quote from Mitsurugi-w: “From what I have been told Kirameki uses twice as much sound data as every other F3 title. The game can be made to work most likely but half of the audio will be missing if/when it is made available. ” So what you're saying is that even with the protection out of the way, the F3 multi wouldn't be able to handle the game because of its size? Or at least audio's size? Too bad. Kirameki's soundtrack is one of its highlights.

• Going through the titles on the multi, I've noticed that Ultimate Ecology [Eco Fighters JP] is freezing after the initial Warning screen [This game is for use in Japan ... etc]. I haven't tested all of the other regions, but US Eco Fighters appears to work fine. Is it me, or is it the ROM? Literally everything else is working fine.