Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 94.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• This is going to solve a huge issue for me, so as long as the cost isn't crazy (and I can't imagine it will be), I'm still in!!

• Neoloch shut down

98pacecar - - General Arcade Tech Help

Main page has official shutdown as of Nov 18th. I was hoping it wouldn’t come to this but apparently he couldn’t sort out whatever is going on.

• Neoloch shut down

98pacecar - - General Arcade Tech Help

Anybody that’s been on the fence about buying the Neoloch ram tester should jump on it now. The guy running Neoloch has posted on his site that he’s done. A couple of vendors still have the core unit and blades available. Well worth the cost if you don’t have a way to test ram. Mine has already confirmed a few bad chips for me.

• Someone probably swapped the original monitor from the ki and didn’t add an iso transformer to the cab. I’ve seen several like this. For testing, just jump that pin (video ground) on the edge to ground. Should clean up the video.

• Howdy from TX

98pacecar - - Introduce Yourself!

Quote from rancor: “The amount of arcades here in the Dallas / Fort Worth area is insane. Tokyo has numbers, but DFW has concentrated quality. I went to Round 1 in Grapevine yesterday, and they have DODONPACHI! Tornado Terrys has an insane amount of cabs and pinball machines! I'll be going to the National Video Game museum in Frisco this weekend. I hear they have a killer arcade thats all black lights and 80s new wave music. Cant wait! ... And yeah - the brisket is really good too. ” A bit of sh…

• Howdy from TX

Quote from ataloss: “Austin, you? ” Dallas, but I grew up in New Braunfels. Welcome! This is by far the best arcade forum around!

• Howdy from TX

What part of Texas?

• Quote from nem: “I agree, he got ahead of himself. The problem is when you're new to this hobby you take everything as gospel. Post 14 is where he was recommended getting a new flyback. No idea why, he had a perfectly working one on his monitor. Post 36 is where he's told his monitor "is believed to be a K7000A". People pick up on these things. He had bought something really cool (his first arcade cab I think?), naturally he was antsy to get the thing going. ” I've rebuilt enough K7000s to know …

• If you want drop in replacement sticks, these are the best. focusattack.com/industrias-lor…y-eurojoystick-dark-grey/ This same site used to sell adaptor plates if you want to use Sanwa or Seimitsu, but I don’t see them anymore. When you get a cap kit for your monitor, go ahead and replace the flyback at the same time. K7000 seem to always need a new one.

• Very cool!!!

• Thanks much for the link and definitely thanks to the folks that have been chasing down the secrets of these carts! I wish I had the time and skills to contribute, but this is way over my head!

• Has the DDPDOJ dual rom been released yet? I found the Ketsui one in this thread and plan to try it out, but really want the DDP.

• Don't really care if it's face down or up, just as long as it happens and I get one! Lol!

• Quote from djsheep: “Quote from sheep_nova: “Hi, I'm sheep_nova,^+^. ” Excellent to see you on the forums, I'm sure you're going to run into a lot of people on here that have bought your goods ” Indeed. I just became a sheep_nova customer today and bought a PGM mobo!

• Oh yea, I need this!!

• If there is, I’d like to know too. Would make using the STV in a dynamo a lot easier!

• Quote from rewrite: “My method is as follows: Put chip in socket. Double check it's facing the right way. Click "Check blank". Double check it's facing the right way. Click "Select file" Select file you wish to burn. Click "Choose device" Choose device that matches the device in the socket. Double check the chip is facing the right way. Click "Program" Could you guess I've put one in backwards before? ” Wait, you can do this without cursing after you put it in backwards? It never even occurred t…

• Thanks for the follow up on Sharky's. I keep waffling between doing it myself and just paying to have it done. It doesn't look hard, but I can't find a single, consistent guide that walks me through from a retail box all the way to running a new dash. But for the price, it may be worth just paying and having at least a little support on the back end if something goes weird.

• Quote from Derick2k: “They are so cheap to get these days, one of those I owned the complete set/box, had it for years in minty condition. The other 2 were craigslists pickups around my area, both in the box with gold controllers, kinect and some games, etc.. $50 & $70, thought were pretty good prices. ” That's definitely a good deal on both of them! I'm gonna start scouring the local stores before I hit CL, but I'm sure I can turn one up. These are Corona v1, right?

• Quote from Derick2k: “Quote from Dreygor: “Holeee crap ” The curse of having multiple cabs/different gaming areas; upstairs/downstairs, gamespace, home office, bedroom. I like to be withing easy reach of and getting comfy to play some games, without having to move stuff around, plugging/unplugging stuff all over the place. ” If you feel like Dallas is one of the areas you'd like to have easy reach, I could give one of those a good home!! Lol!!! Thanks for the info guys, I know what I need to loo…