Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 34.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Sick project. Would you be willing to sell these as a kit or sell just the PCB? Edit: Also would you consider a version that uses a regular sized DIN 8 with the sega megadrive/genesis pinout? The RGB cables for those are an order of magnitude cheaper than the mini din ones (that I've found) Double edit: Looks like megadrive 2 is a mini-din, so I guess it would just be a pin swap

• Quote from alexvw: “Hello guys am back with some improvements, I solder the 3 jumpers I didn’t because of the place I got the instructions this step wasn’t there, then check resolder the pins on the chips and re test, now the colors are good got sound but the pictures comes and goes and there’s some lines in picture here some pictures I also have hooked up rgb in crt monitor and no problem hope any body has any idea thank you very close ” Did you use proper shielded coax for the clock signal?

• Quote from alexvw: “Hello guys so am back, with some interesting stuff, after checking some turned out that HDMI cable was causing the problem with no picture, so now that I have picture the colors aren’t right and have no sound, I recheck everything I couldn’t find any problem with installation, am using an USA region board not sure if someone else ran in this problem before. here some pictures, thank you ” Did you solder the three small jumpers? If you don't solder those you won't get audio. A…

• CPS2-Multi ROMset generator

Velyks - - Capcom's CPS2

Quote from Darksoft: “I believe this was explained several times, but basically goes like this: ROMs 01+02 in CPS2 B Board --> ROM 01 in Multi (Sound Program) ROMs 03 up to 10 in B Board concatenated --> ROM 02 in Multi (6800 Program Code) ROMs 11+12 in CPS2 B Board --> ROM 03 in Multi (Sound Samples) ROMs 13+14 in CPS2 B Board(padded with 0xFF if necessary to make each 0x200000 in size) --> ROM 05 in Multi (GFX) ROMs 15+16 in CPS2 B Board(padded with 0xFF if necessary to make each 0x200000 in s…

Velyks - - Capcom's CPS2

@Darksoft Are you able to tell me what rom goes on what flash?

• Where are you putting the coax cable? I ended up using the clock signal from the IC just down from where you put the HDMI board because it's shorter than going all the way to the other side of the board.

• Make sure to use proper coax for your clock signal!

Velyks - - Capcom's CPS2

That makes more sense. I see names varying between rom files, some are named with the game name and some are just named flash.01 etc. What is the darksoft kit looking for in the filename? Which files/flash chips correspond to which EPROM/Mask ROM socket on the CPS2 board? Quote from Darksoft: “ If that's not enough, let me know and I'll try to help. ”

Velyks - - Capcom's CPS2

Is there any documentation on the darksoft cps2 ROM format? I want to make romhacks and things and while I could use this app with the -debug option I'm really interested in how to do it myself.

• Quote from twistedsymphony: “The problem is that Pheonixed PCBs are not running original program data. the program ROMs have been modified to get rid of the copy protection. ” Some boards will be burned with the phoenix roms (Noted by "phoenix edition" in the mame rom name) and some will be burned with the decrypted rom set from the CPS2 Rom Decryption Effort guys. The most noticeable difference is that it won't come up with a "CAPCOM PHOENIX EDITION" logo on boot. The decrypted roms are 100% th…

• Look for original stickers on the EPROM windows and the original big sticker on the case. They were properly stuck down with good adhesive, so if the corners are starting to unstick or peel up its probably a sign they've been removed at some point.

• I've taken the whole chip off (to solve another problem tracing some pins) and put it back on, and it sadly didn't make a difference.

• All the traces look fine and I've scoped it, the ZMC2 is receiving a good EVEN signal which I think sadly means the ZMC2 is dead or in the process of dying. There are replacements on ebay but they cost almost the same as a MV-1B.

• Hi, I've got a strange issue with a very slightly rotten top board (the bit with the cartridge slot) on an MVS MV-1B, my guess is there is a trace broken somewhere but there isn't anything glaringly obvious. Swapping it for a known good top board fixes the problem. The symptom is every pair of columns for the sprites is back to front. The pixels should be: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Instead they are: 2 1 4 3 6 5 8 7 Here's some pictures of the problem on an Aero Fighters 2 cart. photos.app.goo.gl/FiCUiuf1k…

• Sega CP layout switcher

Velyks - - General Arcade Tech Help

Brilliant thanks! Ordered myself some chunky rotary switches.

• On a recent trip to Japan I noticed that nearly all of the Sega 6-button cabs I saw running Neo Geo games had some sort of rotary switch to change the button layout to some familiar ones, ABCD, AC|BD, AB|CD etc. Sadly I didn't manage to get a look underneath the panel to see how they achieved this. Does anyone have any idea? First thing that comes to mind is some PIC or Atmel just reassigning the buttons on the fly, but I'm wondering if it's something that can be done with something discrete.

• Universal JAMMA versus kit

Velyks - - Project Showcase

Quote from Hatsune Mike: “ I feel bad having these prototypes just sitting around, so if I can do something useful with them for a reduced price it'd help me clean out the garage and move forwards. ” I'd like one!

• But if I do that it would no longer be a buffer?

• Quote from buffi: “You can have a look at the video buffering and audio isolation circuits I used for betsubetsu. arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…er-for-capture-streaming/ There's a link to the Kicad project in the main post. ” Thanks, this might actually work though I'll probably be operating at the limits of that IC as I'm not going down to 75ohm terminated video. Will give it a test. Edit: Read more through the data sheet, the max input voltage for the THS7374 is about 3.5v so it wouldn't be s…

• I'd like to make a generic Versus Kit for JAMMA games, something like a small(ish) board that plugs into the game and then plugs into two jamma harnesses to allow one game to span two cabs. As part if this I'd like the audio and video to be fully buffered rather than trying to get the game to power both displays. I have a basic knowledge of electronics but I'm not sure where to start when it comes to designing a video buffer circuit for arcade voltage level video, would anyone be able to give me…