Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 343.

• If your N2 is used to run MT3, I can check my setup and let you know how it is configured. I'm almost positive that onboard video for the N2 will show nothing. I think it also has a metal bracket blocking that port from being used. I also know that if you use a GPU that isn't the exact one needed for MT3 (e.g. if you use the GPU for MT3DX+ on a MT3 N2) it won't display any data.

• If you are getting a black screen on boot, it is almost always an issue with the game/hard drive not loading properly. Do you get any kind of text on the monitor when you boot the N2? Are you using the DVI or the VGA port on the graphics card? Sometimes, one or the other will not detect a signal at all. (Try booting one one and then on the other to see if you get any signal to appear)

• Quote from Tolkin: “Hy Forum, Is there a second batch planned? Or is there still a line, i can step in? I have a burned Gun i/o Confidential Mission Upright and want to try this solution, if its a good replacement for the Original gun Setup. Thank you for your help! ” @Tolkin, you can have my spot in the list. I have since purchased a gun setup and will no longer need my reservation.

• Try this: - Install POS 2009 on a hard drive in another PC with a similar form factor with the drivers and options you need. - Transplant that hard drive into the X2. - Add the required drivers needed for X2. If the hardware is similar, POS 2009 should not have any issues booting on the X2 with the installation performed on another machine.

• Quote from winteriscoming: “That isn't a Sega FFB in the BYOAC thread as far as I'm seeing. It's just the direct drive DC motor setup where you change DC polarity to reverse directions. I'm curious how available the controller boards are for these Sega motors. They're not DC motors, so will require at least some dedicated hardware, like the board you're referring to. Either of the MIDI or RS422 boards are prevalent enough that getting into driving them with a cheap Arduino is not out of the ques…

• The universal wheel adapter for a G27 might be the most feasible option. It will really just be to replace the G27.

• Quote from twistedsymphony: “gamecube might be do-able as i believe from some discussion on the dolphin forums that it's FFB protocol is simply direction and force (though doing this on actual hardware would be another matter). I've heard that the Xbox 360's FFB protocol is one of the most unique/poorly documented. Though I wonder how difficult it would be to gut a logitech or similar wheel and map the output data to the sega equipment... basically like an elaborate pad-hack. ” This is basically…

• Has anyone had any success using Arcade Driving cabinets with gaming consoles such as PS3/Xbox 360/PC games? The force feedback on SEGA driving cabinets are way better than those flimsy logitech wheels like the G27 but am curious if some kind of method to adapt arcade cabs for use with home console/PC games exists.

• Quote from winteriscoming: “Does anyone know if there is variety in the avatars in ID5? I keep getting the same male and female. In ID4 I see at least 2 variations of male and female. I have played around with variables on the new cards a little bit, but haven't come across anything with observable impact. ” The gender for both male and female base avatars are the same. Additional variety was added in ID6 to have different facial expressions and wardrobe.

• Quote from winteriscoming: “One test I did in ID5 was to stop the script during a race. The race finished normally and an error didn't come up until after. However nothing showed in the test menu as an option to restore the card. I guess corruption would have to be introduced at some point after the card has been read in correctly. I was looking over header data from the single ID5 and ID8 cards I have. More than just the ID codes are different, but I don't know how that data is getting used. I …

• Quote from winteriscoming: “I suppose game could be storing card data based on the ID, but I have not seen any options to restore cards in the test menu the few times I checked. The menu item is there for restoring cards, but there are no actions that can be taken. I wonder if it only gives the option to restore a card if there was an error during the write process. I didn't check it during my failed write tests. ” The only time i have seen any options with available actions was when I restored …

• Quote from winteriscoming: “I put together a blank ID4 US card based on my logs. I edited the ID code to be FF FF FF FF and successfully simulated purchasing a new card with data written to my card file! The game does not appear to care about the ID. It doesn't appear to be informing any kind of stored checksum or anything, so the good news is that a random ID should be possible in order to make unique cards. This will be needed if it turns out the game tracks cards based on ID. If it doesn't ca…

• Quote from winteriscoming: “I have reconstructed card data from my logs from ID5 into a card file and can pass all tests in the test menu. I also successfully booted the game with the card data file and it loaded up without error. Something is happening in-game when trying to end and eject the card. I haven't gotten to look at why, but it looks like it goes through several cycles of writing the card and then gives an error. Inserting the newly saved card results in an error, so something about t…

• @Blackfish, if worse case scenario occurs where you cannot get this drive restored, reach out to @kcarcadegame, he has Battle Gear 2 replacement parts available.

• I think @MetalliC wants you to fully emulate the card reader.

• Quote from MetalliC: “ these data is RF reader commands (6D, CD, 4D, etc), and you have to understand them. it somewhat like "door to another Narnia" biggrin.png ” I like this explanation. Quote from winteriscoming: “The command in question only comes in the logs for cards being written to, so I don't have a good variety of logs to compare and don't want to potentially waste some cards on the test write option. ” Oh my mistake, I thought the questionable command also appeared during reads. Can y…

• I should have given you a mime card to test out as well. I'm wondering if the replies are unique per 'type' of card and not necessarily per card itself. You mentioned using the ID4 and ID5 cards right? Does the reply match the same pattern as the ID8 card?

• Does that unique ID match the card ID on the back of the cards?

• Works now. Thanks all

• Quote from Ringo: “After asking about ID7/ID8 cards and the SGI reader with James from Happmart, I agreed to buy 20 ID7 cards. He sent an invoice which I paid straight away. $4.90 per card, 5% PayPal fee and $30.00 shipping, total $134.40. Then, this morning he sent an email saying that the ID7 cards are out of stock and would I like English ID4 cards instead for a cheaper price. I asked for a refund which he sent quickly. Why on earth do sellers do this type of thing? Don't they realise that fi…