Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 56.

• IDE CDROM drive hardware emulator

Dion - - Project Ideas

Quote from twistedsymphony: “So I sent an email to the guys that make the SCSI2SD and asked if they'd considered making an IDE version with ATAPI support... ” i think asking gd emulator project authors would be more fruitful. they have the skill set required to do this project, maybe?. Quote from brizzo: “I'd like to be hopeful they come up with something! I've designed a couple breakout pcbs and tests for experimenting with IDE/ATAPI, but ran into speed roadblocks with that design (using mcu+fp…

• Quote from Mitsurugi-w: “For the stubborn pins use a pcb holder. Then heat the pin from the component side of the pcb using your normal iron. This melts the solder way better than the desoldering unit. ” +1. this is what i did with suspected TTL chips, for rare/custom dip chips, i don't dare to do that. and true, heating the suspected chip from above is faster than heating from solder side. if not, use both hand solder and hot air blower to assist most of the time will do the job. try to hot air…

Dion - - Project Ideas

Quote from brizzo: “The past week I've found myself day dreaming of IDE/ATAPI CDROM emulation... But I keep wondering what the technical challenge has preventing this from already happening years ago? It is a well documented protocol with tons of reference material to work from. Is there some technical hitch that makes emulating a pc cdrom drive difficult? ” the first challenge that i faced is timing restriction of task register access. iirc they're in range of 100ns per cycle. Per cycle means t…

Dion - - Project Ideas

another board attempt iteration : arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…c2e32d1e87d4dcbbee408be17 still no time to start coding.

Dion - - Project Ideas

i also saw that one on hackaday sometime ago. another related interesting project is here.

• this is just a warning of cmos battery problem. check the battery health and just reboot the machine, then the message will disappear itself.

• Quote from twistedsymphony: “The Arduino only has 3 ports. Port D has 8 pins (perfect!) but pins 0 and 1 are reserved for the serial connection (ok so that makes it useless). Port B only has 6 pins (wont work, too few), and port C only has 5 pins... ” hmm, what the serial connection are for? you can always use softserial that can use any pins, so the port D is free for you to use.

• Quote from twistedsymphony: “Quote from Dion: “about threading in arduino, i just used state machine library. i've coded some arcade games not long ago and never needed interupt function. ” I'm not familiar with that library, I'm looking through the description but I'm not understanding how this can help me effeciently trigger a function when any one of 8 pins change states. ” are the changes for all the pins same? i.e. all is falling edge triggered, or rising edge? if it is, then might need add…

• about threading in arduino, i just used state machine library. i've coded some arcade games not long ago and never needed interupt function.

• depends on how much the corrosion go deep into pin. if a little nudge will broke them, then it is real bad. if not just use something sharp to rub them off. if bad, and the chip is nowhere to replace, you can grind the epoxy a bit to expose the inside part of the pin so you can solder into it.

• that vga type is for old version of mt3dx. later version (/revision?) use 7800. just replace the caps, maybe you get lucky and got it working.

• I have uploaded sources to github, here. so far tested game : drummania GQ881 and percussion freaks 4th mix. so basically, there are two arduino tools here. securechiptool goal is to asses and to clear or mass programmed (a term for a fresh manufacturer setups where all password and fields are zeroed) secure chip in security cart, which is a must before using master calendar. mastercalendar is to be connected to usb port located in front of motherboard, before the game booted, so the game can re…

• Konami system 573 Master Calendar

Dion - - Project Showcase

Quote from aoiddr: “What does the master calendar do? ” I believe it's konami's official way to 'program' the security cartridge. I emulated the master calendar in hardware using arduino.

• Konami system 573 Master Calendar

Dion - - Project Showcase

After days of hard work, eventually, something pleasing my eyes (Hidden Content)

• Quote from winteriscoming: “F-ZERO AX uses the same FFB system as OR2 and the Initial D 1-3 games, as well as a couple of others. I have a question about the expected behavior from FFB on F-ZERO AX. I've got FZ booting in my OR2 cab, and FFB works, but I noticed that all that's really happening is the wheel is self-centering. It doesn't seem to jerk the wheel around when hitting a wall or anything. Is self-centering all it's supposed to do? ” afaik, no. after moving the seat motor left and right…

• Custom JVS I/O - MEGA JVS

Dion - - Project Ideas

Ah, i see. i thought you were not using original cab wiring.

Dion - - Project Ideas

could you draw your power supply distribution? the ffb is namco str pcb?

Dion - - Project Ideas

in my experience, cf is not an option. they tend to die quickly. not usb because apparently, what i want is a hardware ide cdrom, not usb. some namco games using parallel ide interface, which could benefit from this emulator. unfortunately, i am not currently work on this. still need to learn using fpga. even if i did, like twistedsymphony said, the cost is high, which i am aware of. kind of hard looking for high speed mcu capable doing that. the main problem with ide is the slave device must ab…

• sorry if i posted this in wrong section. Is it just me or the forum message editor buggy? every time i insert a link, they sometimes or most likely dragged to next sentences. i had to use bbcode editor to fix them. example like this. now, after "this". the text should be normal again, right? but it's not.

Dion - - Project Ideas

Quote from winteriscoming: “An issue I'm struggling with is using my I/O in combination with the MIDI FFB unit for steering on OR2SP. With FFB enabled, the controls get very erratic to the point where not touching the steering wheel usually ends up in the menu selection screens jumping between one option and the next. It's like there's one exact spot that counts as the center and a tiny movement off of it slams the menu selection in one direction or the other. With FFB off, there are no issues a…