Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 270.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• If you want to change them back, go for it. i was just having a little fun.

• Oh I really don't care. Hoagie seems to be bothered by it.

• Yeah the HW coil is really for slight adjustments on that monitor. Everything else requires the jumper change.

• Quote from Apocalypse: “Quote from Jassin2: “We have folks on here that do nothing but buy broken PCBs to repair for a profit and while I can see that as a value, I don't think you should be reselling a board you bought for $50 for $800 to a community that you're a part of. ” Names?What I've seen recently is "members" buying broken boards and relying on others to fix them. I'm perfectly fine with them being newbies with repairs, we have all been one day, but when they show zero willingness to le…

• Quote from twistedsymphony: “Quote from opt2not: “I mean, this hobby's value has skyrocketed in the last few years. Should I be selling my boards for the same price as I paid for 5 years ago? No, because perhaps some wolf in sheeps clothing is here to snatch up the "community deals" only to flip it on ebay or other forum marketplaces. That's not helpful for anyone. ” Intent Matters Nowhere did I or anyone else suggest that you buying games for your own use and reselling later at a higher price i…

• Quote from opt2not: “hmmm, I bought a board over 5 years ago for $175 and now I'm selling it for $800, along with the marquee, instruction manual and strip...does that count as exploitation? I mean, this hobby's value has skyrocketed in the last few years. Should I be selling my boards for the same price as I paid for 5 years ago? No, because perhaps some wolf in sheeps clothing is here to snatch up the "community deals" only to flip it on ebay or other forum marketplaces. That's not helpful for…

• The timeline is set by the mods. It says right below where you change your username.

• Quote from twistedsymphony: “Quote from hoagtech: “but committing your career to arcade resale I think should be just fine. And thats when the buy low sell high should be accepted because its your career choice. ” For me it's a question of VALUE, what VALUE are you bringing the community with what you're doing? If you're buying components an making an accessory for the arcade community and selling at a profit that's a VALUE to the community. If you're buying broken PCBs or cabs and repairing the…

• Quote from RealDecepticonZero: “ I see this lasting 182 days. ” FTFY

• We all Jassin' down here.

• Learn to read. I said it. I've been on NG for almost 20 years. I've seen your bullshit. My opinion of you is solely based off of seeing you operate for the better part of two decades.

• Im dedicated to this joke for the next 182 days.

• Instructions unclear. Stuck as Jassin2. Halp.

• What should I buy?

Jassin2 - - Neo-Geo MVS and AES

Quote from brentradio: “Quote from DecepticonZero: “Quote from rthorntn: “Quote from DecepticonZero: “Switch hobbys while you still can. What about stamps? ” Why are you selling a penny black, one careful owner? ” I have no clue what that is, ... ” Ironically, it's a stamp. A really really rare stamp at that, Captain Obvious... ” Yeah I put two and two together and figured out it was a stamp, jackass.

• Quote from bagheera369: “"We do what is right, not for fame, or reward, but so that right may continue to exist in this world. So that our light, no matter how small, may continue to shine out against the darkness." That is the community we strive for here. That is the example that's asked to be followed. We take care of the innovators, we take care of the facilitators, we take care of each other. We respect the companies that created what we love in the first place. Every one puts in, everyone …

• What should I buy?

Quote from rthorntn: “If I just wanted the one game but I didn't care about the cart being genuine, is there a cheap way to do that? ” What game are you looking to play? @rewrite told you the cheapest and best board for play outside of a cabinet. If it's one of the ones that plays ok on the 161 in 1 then that will be a cheap way to go.

• What should I buy?

Quote from rewrite: “Quote from DecepticonZero: “It's implementation, not emulation. The FPGA is a 1:1 clone. ” Only if the coder is extremely talented and detail oriented. It's subject to the same potential pitfalls as any human-made software implementation. ” Yep. Not gonna argue that.

• What should I buy?

So if you're against emulation, you do know that the darksoft multi is, by your standards, emulating. Right?

• What should I buy?

Quote from rthorntn: “Quote from DecepticonZero: “A mister isn't emulation. Just saying. ” Well imho that's a contentious statement. I'll bite, an FPGA using LUT's is emulating an IC, it's not the actual IC but the same "wiring". ” It's implementation, not emulation. The FPGA is a 1:1 clone.

• What should I buy?

A mister isn't emulation. Just saying.