Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Sounds good @nem. I remember installing appliances and seeing ground to the metal shell. All making sense now.

• Quote from nem: “Yes, you do, the shell is exactly what you want to ground. ” You sure? We are talking about earth ground here, not DC ground. In the event of a surge, if the metal shell is the ground and the player is touching the metal shell which will be the case in the playing position, wouldn't the player be in for a shock? Wouldn't it be advisable fasten a wood block to the metal shell, then allow that wood block to be the common earth ground point?

• Quote from Gaming.One: “Concerning the monitor thread, the WG monitors was used generally for US cabs in wood and not in metal. In this case, the frame is required. The shell of the MC can play easilly the role of the frame monitor, he is in 2.5mm, he can be easilly fixed by the 4 screws directly in yoko and tate position. Concerning the ground, he can be done directly on the shell cab and the PSU added with the one of the monitor. The size of the bezel is perfect for a 19 inch. ” Right. The she…

• Quote from ReplicaX: “I am done explaining this. You want to run a MONITOR that requires an ISOLATION TRANSFORMER and not use one. You have been warned. Learn the hard way for all I care. Just don't come crying when you get shocked, blow your chassis, or burn up your lovely $1000 CAVE PCB. ” Everyone is confirming the K7000 requires an isolation transformer. Including nem.

• Recorded a short video (1-of-2) lay to rest the ground-to-chassis thing: youtu.be/0vycb8fJ-lE The next video will have the frame removed completely.

• Quote from nem: “Except it's not. The tube is grounded to the metal frame, but the frame isn't grounded to the cab. The monitor frame sits on plastic spacers that isolate it from the rest of the cab. There is no extra ground wire. The stock PSUs used in Sega cabs don't connect DC ground to Earth either (otherwise you would have a ground connection from video ground to common ground to Earth). I own everything from Aero Cities up to NNCs. They're all the same, they're all ungrounded. You can easi…

• Quote from rewrite: “You're talking a foot in extra wire, probably more. None of these lines are likely to have that much slack. Putting the chassis on the wall or bottom of the cab are very likely to not work out without modifying things. But at least you're measuring and in this instance we'll know. But it still introduces the risk of necking the tube when rotating as some people have found out with E2's that they didn't run the wires right on. ” hursit asked for measurements of the wires. I'l…

• You don't need a frame to earth ground a K7000. K7000 is earth grounded from tube dog ears->dag strap/wire->neckboard->chassis->earth ground (in most cases). I mentioned that earlier. Earth ground for the K7000 is almost always fastened to the chassis. And when earth ground is fastened to the chassis, it's sually at one of the rear chassis fasteners or at the heat sink fastener for the HOT. At times can be found grounded to the frame. I've seen K7000's grounded about 4:1 to the chassis as oppose…

• Quote from rewrite: “I was at no point suggesting this. I saying that Hursit thinks that he can shave it down for the redesigned frame. ” Ahh, k. hursit can probably skip redesigning the frame since you confirmed the tube fits in the OG cab. He can now just design a chassis tray or mount. Easiest path to solution. Less parts. Less design work. Small compromise. Will check it out tomorrow with the K7000 in tow on an OG miniCute and take lots of pictures. Quote from rewrite: “Not to be rude, but i…

• I think the frame can be left out. hursit said he can design a chassis tray. The frame isn't needed to run the chassis/monitor. Not everyone is going to be able to shave down that frame. It is made of some really thick steel. Tossing out the K7000 frame opens up the possibility to using alternative monitors too; helpful for users that can't obain a WG 19K7000. I'll check it out tomorrow. My buddy says he has to pull his MiniCute monitor out to wash it anyway. Perfect timing.

• Quote from Rg111: “Quote from acblunden2: “Quote from Rg111: “Tell ya what. You look like you got this under control, "Chief" and I'm glad. This means I don't need to bother taking any measurements tonight. @rewrite, @hursit - Since I am sending you guys some packages anyways, let me know if you want me to send the k7000 frame too. ” Maybe hold off on sending that frame. ” With all due respect AC, that was an offer to rewrite and hursit. You have control over what you do, but you don't have cont…

• Quote from Rg111: “Tell ya what. You look like you got this under control, "Chief" and I'm glad. This means I don't need to bother taking any measurements tonight. @rewrite, @hursit - Since I am sending you guys some packages anyways, let me know if you want me to send the k7000 frame too. ” Maybe hold off on sending that frame. Honestly, I don't see how the K7000 will fit inside the cab with the frame. Let me get those measurements to hursit. I think I have a mental picture of how to get those …

• Quote from rewrite: “Last year I was asked to source a 19" tube and see if it'd fit or if the cab wasn't deep enough. I said I found one, but didn't have the frame, and that it fit. Fast forward 7 months and we're at the discussion we're at today. So far the story is: No one with a Cute near someone with a monitor. No one with a monitor near me that's willing to help. ” I have access to a mini Cute and a K7000. But how could this fit if the original monitor is 18" and the K7000 is 19"?

• Quote from Blue_Fox: “Does anyone have an original Cute and one of these monitors to test the fit or see what needs to be modified to fit? Or, does anybody know of someone that has made this upgrade? If it fits in the original it should fit in the reproduction. ” Well, the OG is an 18" monitor and the K7000 is 19". So it won't fit at all. Square plug/round hole thing. I offered to ship him my monitor. But you can't export a used item to Turkey. Best we can do is take accurate measurents of the K…

• Quote from rewrite: “Quote from acblunden2: “K7000 runs fine without the frame. HOT is attached to the heatsink on the chassis. ” So what grounds the tube? ” I've actually seen K7000 cabs ungrounded work fine. But they always scare the heck out of me. Usually, an earth ground is ran up to the one of the rear screw fasteners of the chassis. So you have ground from dog ears->dag wire->neck board->chassis->earth ground.

• Quote from Derick2k: “Do the K7000s need iso transformers?? If so, then these frames should not be grounded to the cab correct or not? ” They absolutely DO require ISO transformers. I've discussed this with hursit and will give him measurements of some ISO transformers. K7000 ISO transformers come in slightly varying dimensions. But they are all pretty similar in dimension. I mentioned to him that they are usually found near the AC input on US cabs and are earth grounded along with the PSU. K700…

• Quote from rewrite: “Can the K7000 be run without its frame? Some of those WG models mount the HOT to the frame, and/or use it as the chassis' primary ground. ” K7000 runs fine without the frame. HOT is attached to the heatsink on the chassis.

• Take them. Two eyes are better than one. Tolerance can be built in from different sets of measurements. And we are both Indians. The Chiefs are the guys commenting in the thread with no investment or plans for investment in the effort.

• If you look at the drawings, particularly the width, there is no way the K7000 will be able to go in with the OG frame without making the cab wider. The K7000 frame has flaps that fold outward at a 90 degree angle for mounting. So the K7000 will need to go in without the OG frame, hursit will then have to make a chassis tray or a new frame/chassis combination. That is fine and I've discussed this with hursit. As for design choices, 1. We should agree that it should be built around the K7000 for …