Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 92.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• CPS2 Tournament Link PCBs

Hydreigon - - Capcom's CPS2

Time I bump this thread after find out the main network controller component, a NEC D71051C, is essentially an Intel 8251 clone. Both components share the same pinout and block diagram according to both datasheets. This begs the question if using an 8251 on the link pcb instead of a D71051C also works. Since Mame's 8251 driver mentions the D71051C is a clone, it should work as a drop in replacement.

• Good source for D9200 flybacks?

Hydreigon - - Monitor Help

Quote from ReplicaX: “They are hard to come by as most D9200s have been converted to LCD. Especially on sitdown driving which a lot of them were in. Either OPs are holding onto them or literally threw them in the trash out of frustration as they were unreliable chassis. Gonna have to be patient honestly or ask around. ” Reproduction flybacks have been made for other chassi like the K7000 and U5000 but idk for the D9200. I've been looking for one for about a month and at least by that point (or t…

Bump. Still can't find anything as of the day of this post.

• Quote from Rg111: “@Hydreigon - Can you confirm my drawing is correct? I wasn't really sure about the 4pin CN... ” Correct if looking at the filter board without any power connectors.

• Setup Time Crisis 3

Hydreigon - - Namco System 246/256

Quote from bagheera369: “@Hydreigon Hey boss....I always thought I knew a ton about TC2/3's....until I met you...its like you were a tech for Namco/Speedys....your knowledge on these is awesome. I have a question....I remember the Vampire Night's that I worked on, being a light optic, with lens similar to the common Tc2/3 versions, but using a different I/O, with a different gun pinout. It's the one used in the mirrored stock cabs. Did I get that wrong, and there were multiple versions, some tha…

• It's the same board but you have to change the timekeeper along with all respective roms. The USB plug can be used for JVS but only for games that have that supported. Gradius 4 is one of them but Teraburst isn't. Also, mind if you take a screenshot of the I/O board next to a certain custom, 056800. I have a different version of that GN680 I/O board from a Thunder Hurricane cabinet that used a custom 056230 for network comms between the main and I/O board.

• There's a manual for this that shows the wiring but not in its best quality. I do have a scanned manual from the upright version which I will upload in a few hours: antelopearcade.com/files/Arcade%20Manuals/TERABURST.PDF CN1 and CN2 are the power connectors. CN1's pins 1-3 are +5v and CN2's pins 2 and 4 are +12v. The rest are ground. Oh...and this game isn't JVS. It uses an m68k based I/O board located above the CPU board with the main CPU, a Power PC 403GA, communicating with the m68k via a lat…

• Setup Time Crisis 3

There is also the "v221 MIU" pcb also used in Crisis Zone, Time Crisis 3 and Vampire Night. This pcb may be a "mix" of "Gun IO" and "Rays" possibly because of how these cabs were set up from the factory. MIU came in 29" cabs and Rays came in 50" cabs; both of which used a CCD camera mounted somewhere in the cab and an IR emitter from the gun to track gun inputs. Source code for the MIU pcb is labeled as "MIU-I/O;Ver2.05;JPN,GUN-EXTENTION".

• It would be nice to know the boot behavior of this game under normal circumstances. Idk if the main pcbs looked for the JVS or not before you moved the machine. Idk if inputs work on both pcbs too.

It seems there are some Wells Gardner D9200 threads recently so I may make one of my own. Would like to know if these flybacks will ever be available in the future? Currently have two of them with flyback issues; one dead and one with the incorrect flyback installed.

• Wells Gardner D9200

Check for shorted parts and/or bulged caps. I'm suspecting a bad horizontal output transistor, or HOT. At the screen itself turns on meaning your flyback is good. I'm dealing with two D9200 chassi with missing/bad flybacks and those currently aren't available new right now. Being the first ever digital monitor produced, the chassis is bound to have some flaws. The first is the chassis using a crap load of capacitors, 70+ caps, and the second is if the HOT fails, it can take some ICs out with it.…

• If the psu does output the correct voltage, then it's a failed transistor on the gun I/O board and that depends on which type of guns they are; optical = v185; CCD SD = v221 MIU; CCD DX = JVS Rays. v185 I/O boards use a SLA4060 transistor to drive the gun recoil and is easy to replace. The other two I don't know of and haven't seen a component that drives the recoil fail on one of the two pcbs.

• Toei A292 Chassis

@radiantsvgun did a chassis swap...let alone an 25" tube and yoke with a 27" chassis...and it succeeded? You sir are awesome! Always better to see successful chassis swaps now because they are way uncommon compared to successful tube swaps. I'm sorry if I took the toei route for both 27" monitors but it's at least better than having mid res only chassi. I hope for the success of using a 27" K7500 tube and yoke with a TC-L292 chassis.

• Toei A292 Chassis

Quote from radiantsvgun: “Quote from LWK: “This chassis is the bane of my existence. ” Thats common with Toei. I had one that kept giving me problems, I ended up replacing it. ” I wonder what you replaced that Toei chassis with (hopefully an MS9)?

• Toei A292 Chassis

I wish there were more discussions with this chassis along with the other versions as well. Was this like a hated chassis or something? I'm getting two L292 chassi in a valiant attempt to run an L292 chassis in a K7500 tube and yoke (the game I'm installing the monitors in only runs at standard res and have two in a linked setup).

• Quote from TheDeath: “depite konami was using fujitsu ttls ” Was this for all their 2d customs that seem to fail often (TMNT, Simpsons, X-Men or Bucky)?

• Battle Gear 3 project

It's labeled "PMOTHER PCB" if you look closely. You have a 246B. Yea, the heatsinked BGA chips are located on that COH-H31100 pcb for 246B and the mother pcb if 246C. I would press down on both if you can. Idk how the cabinet gets power either. Does one power supply give power to both sides? I would replace the old psu anyway because it's possible a power supply can go bad even with proper voltages (had this happen in my Time Crisis 2 twin before when I first got the cab).

• Battle Gear 3 project

I still have a feeling this isn't 246A. One way to determine from 246A and 246B is the sub pcb. I bet the sub pcb is labeled "System 246 PMOTHER PCB". Take a pic too. If a main 246 rack boots ingame with working controls, then this means both the JVS I/O and feedback boards are working. I would also boot the working 246 on the other side to see if that side boots. I'm leaning towards a faulty PSU in general as well. The JVS I/O board would prevent the game from booting but idk if the game would …

• Battle Gear 3 project

Quote from eoinzy: “Hi, I must have missed that thread. Was it on here, and do you have a link? I believe Battle Gear 3 was released on the the 246A, so it should work on B and C? ” This is the thread that has a bit of documentation: arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…-256-2x6-main-pcb-photos/ Also, Battle Gear 3 released on 246B initially. Later cabs may have used 246C because it's basically 246B but the ps2 and namco boards were unified into one large board. Either way, it probably needed the addi…

• Battle Gear 3 project

I'm glad I made an incomplete documentation thread on System 2X6 hardware variants and their differences. What makes System 246A different from B and C is the lack of the second TLCS-870 based subcpu meaning any game released on B and C aren't compatible with A. As for repairs, I have these suggetions: - Check voltages on the pcb at critical components like the EE CPU and/or GS GPU (if possible). - Power on the pcb while pressing the CPU and/or GPU to check for loose BGA connections