Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 29.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Is there a change log for version 2.3 to 2.5? I’ve built a board a few months (?) ago but I’m wondering what’s different.

• I'm trying to order the parts for the latest v2.3 revision, but inside the ZIP there are two BOM PDFs? ("MiniGun Supergun ADV - BOM - Sheet1.pdf" and "MiniGun Supergun ADV - BOM.pdf") What's the difference and which one is correct?

• Home Arcade System

sofakng - - RGB's lab

Does anybody know if I can use PCB feet/standoffs (?) to raise my Neo Geo MV1C so it's flush with the HAS v4? Right now if I lay them both on my desk, the JAMMA connector doesn't line up. I should have taken a picture before I left for work but hopefully somebody knows what I'm talking about? EDIT: Also, is there a process I can use to set the brightness knob to the exact correct setting when using a Neo Geo? (I think Frank_fjs says to use a multi-meter and check the potentiometer when using the…

• UD-USB Decoders

sofakng - - Temple of the Undamned

Really sorry about your loss undammed. Really sucks. I re-tweeted your complaint to DHL USA so hopefully they can get somebody to actually look for the package. In the mean time, I went ahead and ordered the terminal block versions. Are there any 3d printable cases that anybody has designed for that version?

• Quote from ebzero89: “Quote from sofakng: “Is it possible to get stereo sound through the MiniGun with a Neo Geo MVS MV1C? ” It's been stereo modded right? AFAIK, only the MV1 and MV1F have stereo by default. ” I haven't modded it yet, but it looks like the stereo left/right channels are accessible on the board. I was wondering if these could be connected somehow to the Minigun? Quote from Frank_fjs: “I'm thinking of changing the audio switch to a 3 pin header / jumper shunt combo. Aside from co…

• Is it possible to get stereo sound through the MiniGun with a Neo Geo MVS MV1C?

• Quote from ebzero89: “Quote from sofakng: “Quote from Frank_fjs: “Each pot should measure 0.4V on a Neo-Geo MVS colour bar test screen. ” Sorry, but where is the Neo-Geo MVS color bar test screen?I'm using a UniBios 4.0 but I can only see a Cross Hatch test? ” Press P1 start to rotate through the hardware test menus. ” Thanks! I got it calibrated and it looks absolutely fantastic! Thanks everybody!

• Quote from Frank_fjs: “Each pot should measure 0.4V on a Neo-Geo MVS colour bar test screen. ” Sorry, but where is the Neo-Geo MVS color bar test screen? I'm using a UniBios 4.0 but I can only see a Cross Hatch test?

• Quote from Frank_fjs: “Supergun wise, you won't damage anything at all regardless of trimpot settings. Display wise, probably not wise to turn the pots off. You will never exceed what the arcade board is outputting due to the termination but some devices may not like the TTL output. ” Thanks again Frank. I'm trying my best to understand but a lot of this I just can't get through my thick head! Hopefully one last(?) question... Does anybody know if the SCART cable included with the NESRGB will wo…

• Does anybody have any suggestions on a 6 conductor power cable to go between the MiniGun and the PSU? This braided one in arcadeqc's post looks really clean and perfect: Quote from arcadeqc: “arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…8121d1446bf999fde513bd735 ” It looks like a molex connector/cable from a computer PSU?

• Quote from Frank_fjs: “RGB outputs from arcade PCB, at levels around 4Vp-p Pots are wired as a voltage divider, which adjusts the input voltage to the THS7374. As the THS doubles the signal upon output, we're feeding it 1/4 of the voltage at input of what we desire upon output. The THS can accept full level video signals, up to 1.46Vp-p. ” Is the voltage level still safe (under 1.46Vp-p?) if the potentiometers are off? (i.e. turned all the way to the left) Also ... is the goal to get a specific …

• Can anybody try to explain how the potentiometers work to adjust the input signal? I've always been confused because I thought they are only adjusting (i.e. lowering) the RGB voltage. For example, if the Neo Geo RGB is 4v p-p then it must get reduced to 0.7v p-p for the OSSC, etc. Am I correct in my understanding or is it more complicated than that? I'm further confused because I thought the THS7374 can only accept a ~0.7v p-p input voltage? Therefore if the potentiometer is set to 0, then the f…

• UD-USB Decoders

Quote from sofakng: “I'm still trying to decide between the terminal block and DB15 versions... I'm looking at the DB15 page on Paradise Arcade Shop and it mentions supporting the Player Select Jumper and alternate headers for LED signals, etc. Are these typos, or do you need to open the case and they become available? ” In addition to my above questions, can anybody tell me the default mapping of Neo Geo buttons to Dualshock 4 buttons? (i.e. 'A' -> Square, 'B' -> Cross, etc)

• Yes, is it the only labeled "THS7374 CIRCUIT" ? It looks like it's just some capacitors and resistors so it looks easy enough to build. Although, it would be a bit messy on a prototype board due to the number of components? If that's the entire circuit I need then I will definitely consider building it. However, the Irken Labs Tri-Sync Helper definitely looks absolutely ideal. It even converts RGBS to RGBHV. The only thing I noticed is that it doesn't have potentiometers so I'm not sure how it r…

• Yeah, I'm building one of those too actually (haha) along with buying a HAS from RGB, but they require the JAMMA PCB to be connected to the supergun. I'm looking for a solution that I just connect the RGBS wires directly and get an output. Arcade PCB -> JAMMA harness -> (RGBS high-impedance to RGBHV converter low-impedance) -> Transcoder...

• Thanks a bunch! It looks like it's out of stock but I'll send him an e-mail to see if he is still producing them. I also need to look into how to convert the audio signal... (BTW - I've also pre-ordered a HAS from you a while ago... thanks for everything you do!)

• I'm currently using a CRT TV in my MAME arcade cabinet and I want to connect some arcade PCBs. (i.e. Neo Geo MVS) The TV accepts component video (YPbPr) and I'm using an RGBHV (VGA) to Component transcoder (Crescendo TC1600). This is connected to a MAME PC using CRT Emudriver to output 15 kHz signals over DB15/VGA which is then converted to component. Assuming I'm going to use a JAMMA breakout cable and have each of the signal wires (RGBs), how can I safely reduce the arcade RGB high amplitude (…

• UD-USB Decoders

I'm still trying to decide between the terminal block and DB15 versions... I'm looking at the DB15 page on Paradise Arcade Shop and it mentions supporting the Player Select Jumper and alternate headers for LED signals, etc. Are these typos, or do you need to open the case and they become available?

• Neo-Geo controller adapters

sofakng - - Project Sentinel

Bummer. Thanks anyways!

• Neo-Geo controller adapters

sofakng - - Project Sentinel

@Frank_fjs, is this open source or can I buy/download a copy of the atmega firmware? I'm not looking to sell anything but just burn my own chips and build my own adapter for two controllers. Thanks!