Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 526.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Quote from Mrhide: “Quote from skate323k137: “I really glad you're getting this resolved. I've seen many crazy NAOMI voltage issues but this is one of the weirdest for sure. I don't trust the blast to power more than a cart setup, similar to Capcom IO. I recapped my blast but I still don't trust it to power a netdimm setup by itself. There's always the AC connector in the blast to add a sun psu for the naomi, and power the IO from the JAMMA harness. ” I also recap my PS ahead of time ( I don't b…

• I really glad you're getting this resolved. I've seen many crazy NAOMI voltage issues but this is one of the weirdest for sure. I don't trust the blast to power more than a cart setup, similar to Capcom IO. I recapped my blast but I still don't trust it to power a netdimm setup by itself. There's always the AC connector in the blast to add a sun psu for the naomi, and power the IO from the JAMMA harness.

• If it's an official bios it will have a sticker that says EPR- Like EPR-21576H. Let us know what that says. I've used this IO with heavy metal geomatrix on netboot, it should work with most games.

• This is one of the weirdest NAOMI issues I've seen. The fact that it netboots should rule out the BIOS, but are you using a G/H/Multi region? Normally voltage issues would cause a crash or black screen. 12v is nothing to worry about either. I wish I had more ideas for you.

• You're welcome, thanks for the kind words.

• You can't go wrong with a good 60/40 rosin core. I use this: amazon.com/MG-Chemicals-Leaded-Solder-Diameter/dp/B073VRYQVT

• MG makes a great no-clean as well, similar looking bottle to the one psykom1 linked. If I'm doing rework on a dirty board I use rosin flux, if the work is cleaner to begin with, I'll use no-clean.

• Quote from psykom1: “This stuff is the Bomb Diggity!!! Smells great too. The only cons to this stuff is that it's sticky when it dries. God forbid you ever spill a bottle. Usually it cleans up well with some 99% alcohol. ” This is what I use too. Good stuff.

• Chinese eproms

skate323k137 - - General Arcade Tech Help

Quote from -Ace-: “I don't understand why they would re-brand chips to something totally different. Obviously the end user is looking for a particular chip and isn't going to be able to use these for the purpose they were ordered, etc. ” It's really sad, but at least you didn't get bogus capacitors. I've seen some crazy caps that aren't what they're labelled, and could have caused serious harm. Do you mind revealing where you ordered the EPROMs?

• Chinese eproms

skate323k137 - - General Arcade Tech Help

Quote from Ace`: “Don't think I've ever found a need for 1024s, the only thing that uses them is MVS bios and then I usually just use a 4096 (with a 4x image). ” same here. I saw an snk stickered 4096 on a 6 slot once and I've used 4096s ever since.

• Should I be changing a battery on my systems to avoid this situation?

• The capcom IO was literally made to do this. It will power a cart just fine. You just need the power cable that goes between the IO and Naomi. ebay.com/itm/Cable-Power-Jvs-I…ower-Supply-/174038196125

• Quote from GC8TECH: “IF people want the original Non-Super Version cart WITH the rom mod to the SUPER edition.. i can probably source more carts to do that.... OR I could do just the eprom ONLY for a few $AUD as well + Post. ” Quite a nice offer of you. For folks in the US, I can burn the rom as well, though I'm in short supply of m27c160's till my next batch gets here (and lord only knows when that will be).

• I always had weird issues with my sega cabs until I used a proper 120 to 100v stepdown.

• Quote from RandomRetro: “Hadn't seen this before and was trying to track down a Super cart. Hard to find the cart, so this may be a good alternative. Thanks @skate323k137! ” I don't think I've seen a super in recent years, but at least a year or 2 ago the normal version wasn't too hard to find. Hope you can find one and enjoy this unique game

• I hope some folks have found this useful. Can this please get moved to the PGM section?

• As far as grounding you can ground anything that needs it to that floor screw. Then take an ohm meter and make sure continuity exists between that ground screw and the ground prong of your AC Cord.

• fairly certain phase doesn't matter after an isolation transformer. Since isolation breaks the connection to ground, the AC lines are the same as each other. If your monitor requires isolation, don't try to run it without a transformer. Doing so risks shock etc. This is a good read for anyone working on monitors teaganm.cademo.com/images/other/randyfromm/isoxfmr.htm

• Hiya From St. Louis

skate323k137 - - Introduce Yourself!

Sans Covid I would be in Tower Grove park racing skateboards. That or passed out from a Bogarts coma. Welcome aboard.

• Blast City PSU Recap

skate323k137 - - Other Sega Hardware

It's definitely worth it. It cleans everything up, video even usually looks clearer with a recapped PSU.